Favorite Genre?

What is your favorite Genre?

• Total voters

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any good topics that ask what your favorite genre is, and give a big, multiple choice selection, so here's one to try and get them all.

Here's a brief description of each genre:

Classical: Music played by only piano, orchestra type music, like in a movie, or composed by older composers. All these fit under the classical category.

Country: Country or Bluegrass lovers should choose this option.

Electronic: Ambient, Dance, Drums N Bass, House, Industrial, New Wave, Techno, or Trance type of music all fit under this category.

Ethnic: If you like the type of music that are usually different for different cultures, like Tribal, Egyptian, Flamenco, African, etc music, vote this option.

Hard Rock: This is for the stronger influence type rock music. If you like Metal, Punk, or any other heavier version of rock, vote this option.

Jazz: If you like Jazz music, vote here.

Rap/Hip Hop: For those who like Rap/Hip Hop.

Rock: This is for Alternative music, Classic Rock, Ska, as well as general rock.

Oldies: I can't really find a suitable category for this, but here's the list of genres in it: Blues, Funk, Contemporary, Disco, and Honky Tonk.

Other: If your favorite type of music was not listed here, vote this option. Sorry for missing it :( .

Pop/R&B: For Pop and R&B music, vote if you like either one.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
You should include Instrumental Rock, a genre similar to any rock, with the absence of a vocalist/singer and relies completely on musical instruments to inspire the hearers of the song, it sounds even better to me and it flows freely.

As it's my most favorite genre of all time and it's my inspiration. Masters of this genre include Joe Satriani (yeah, Satch!) and Steve Vai, and many more.

Here are my best favorites:
  • Instrumental Rock
  • Progressive Rock/Metal (Dream Theater)
  • Alternative
  • Hard Rock (Metallica/Sepultura/Limp Bizkit)
  • Country Music
  • Classical
  • R&B (Craig David)
  • Ethnic

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I guess most of the stuff I listen to would go under the Hard Rock genre, with bands like Gamma Ray, Helloween, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, Edguy and Sonata Arctica.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I'd have to say Progressive Metal, a genre not listed. Dream Theater (AMAZING BAND!!!!eleven!), Conception, a bit of Opeth, and so on fit into this category. I was raised on jazz and, therefore, take quite a liking to it, and do enjoy bands such as Metallica (I listened to One before GHIII made it famous!) and the like, which fit into the Hard Rock category. Ehh... mark me up as other!

EDIT: Ohh, it's a multiple choice poll... :eek:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
(I listened to One before GHIII made it famous!)
One was famous waaaaayyy before that, my friend ;)

Personally, I like Classic Rock such as Heart. Actually, that's probably the only classic rock band that I actively enjoy (other than ZZ Top, if you could call it classic rock), but I will listen to any classic rock that's on because PlanetRock is a classic rock radio station :)

I also like Thrash metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth) and generally any metal made before the year 2000 (No goddamn Trivial or Bullet for my bleedin' valentine).

Most stuff I like falls under Rock or Hard Rock. Rage Against the Machine blend a little of two genres so they fall under Other I think.

Reaction score
Who said that he listened One before it got famous by GH3?

Let me lawl. The song was made probably in the 80' and has been one of the most famous songs of Metallica. Guitar Hero had no influence to it.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Erm... he said himself that he listened to it before "GHIII made it famous" :rolleyes:
The song was made in 1988. Guitar Hero obviously had no influence on it, and nobody here said that beforehand anyway.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i like rock with rap/hip-hop/Rnb implemented in it, like Linkin park, Alien ant farm, SOAD, and

i also like some soft techno (not those hardcore Sh!#) like cascada, Bomfunck mc

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
What I meant was that, at the time, nobody I knew had ever heard of the song. I didn't know that it wasn't that famous before then. :p

Larcenist

Reaction score
Nah before GH3 only the "few" Metallica fans had probably ever heard the song.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Helloween are the pioneers of most of the music you're listening too Flare, and still you haven't heard a single song of them? They've only been around for a good 29 years or so...

I didn't know rap was considered music

Politicians sing just as much as rap-artists if that's the case.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
Helloween are the pioneers of most of the music you're listening too Flare, and still you haven't heard a single song of them? They've only been around for a good 29 years or so...

Politicians sing just as much as rap-artists if that's the case.

Wats the diff between politicians talking and rap 'artists' talking. Either way your just hearing talking, just one of them is lies and bulls**t, the other is senseless degrading stuff.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Rap is nothing but talking, which would be the same with politicians. Only exception would probably be the level of lingual usage within the content of whatever is spoken.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.