Favorite Genre?

What is your favorite Genre?

• Total voters

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any good topics that ask what your favorite genre is, and give a big, multiple choice selection, so here's one to try and get them all.

Here's a brief description of each genre:

Classical: Music played by only piano, orchestra type music, like in a movie, or composed by older composers. All these fit under the classical category.

Country: Country or Bluegrass lovers should choose this option.

Electronic: Ambient, Dance, Drums N Bass, House, Industrial, New Wave, Techno, or Trance type of music all fit under this category.

Ethnic: If you like the type of music that are usually different for different cultures, like Tribal, Egyptian, Flamenco, African, etc music, vote this option.

Hard Rock: This is for the stronger influence type rock music. If you like Metal, Punk, or any other heavier version of rock, vote this option.

Jazz: If you like Jazz music, vote here.

Rap/Hip Hop: For those who like Rap/Hip Hop.

Rock: This is for Alternative music, Classic Rock, Ska, as well as general rock.

Oldies: I can't really find a suitable category for this, but here's the list of genres in it: Blues, Funk, Contemporary, Disco, and Honky Tonk.

Other: If your favorite type of music was not listed here, vote this option. Sorry for missing it :( .

Pop/R&B: For Pop and R&B music, vote if you like either one.

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
You should include Instrumental Rock, a genre similar to any rock, with the absence of a vocalist/singer and relies completely on musical instruments to inspire the hearers of the song, it sounds even better to me and it flows freely.

As it's my most favorite genre of all time and it's my inspiration. Masters of this genre include Joe Satriani (yeah, Satch!) and Steve Vai, and many more.

Here are my best favorites:
  • Instrumental Rock
  • Progressive Rock/Metal (Dream Theater)
  • Alternative
  • Hard Rock (Metallica/Sepultura/Limp Bizkit)
  • Country Music
  • Classical
  • R&B (Craig David)
  • Ethnic

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I guess most of the stuff I listen to would go under the Hard Rock genre, with bands like Gamma Ray, Helloween, Avantasia, Blind Guardian, Edguy and Sonata Arctica.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I'd have to say Progressive Metal, a genre not listed. Dream Theater (AMAZING BAND!!!!eleven!), Conception, a bit of Opeth, and so on fit into this category. I was raised on jazz and, therefore, take quite a liking to it, and do enjoy bands such as Metallica (I listened to One before GHIII made it famous!) and the like, which fit into the Hard Rock category. Ehh... mark me up as other!

EDIT: Ohh, it's a multiple choice poll... :eek:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
(I listened to One before GHIII made it famous!)
One was famous waaaaayyy before that, my friend ;)

Personally, I like Classic Rock such as Heart. Actually, that's probably the only classic rock band that I actively enjoy (other than ZZ Top, if you could call it classic rock), but I will listen to any classic rock that's on because PlanetRock is a classic rock radio station :)

I also like Thrash metal (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth) and generally any metal made before the year 2000 (No goddamn Trivial or Bullet for my bleedin' valentine).

Most stuff I like falls under Rock or Hard Rock. Rage Against the Machine blend a little of two genres so they fall under Other I think.

Reaction score
Who said that he listened One before it got famous by GH3?

Let me lawl. The song was made probably in the 80' and has been one of the most famous songs of Metallica. Guitar Hero had no influence to it.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Erm... he said himself that he listened to it before "GHIII made it famous" :rolleyes:
The song was made in 1988. Guitar Hero obviously had no influence on it, and nobody here said that beforehand anyway.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i like rock with rap/hip-hop/Rnb implemented in it, like Linkin park, Alien ant farm, SOAD, and

i also like some soft techno (not those hardcore Sh!#) like cascada, Bomfunck mc

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
What I meant was that, at the time, nobody I knew had ever heard of the song. I didn't know that it wasn't that famous before then. :p

Larcenist

Reaction score
Nah before GH3 only the "few" Metallica fans had probably ever heard the song.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Helloween are the pioneers of most of the music you're listening too Flare, and still you haven't heard a single song of them? They've only been around for a good 29 years or so...

I didn't know rap was considered music

Politicians sing just as much as rap-artists if that's the case.

und34d-rul3

Reaction score
Helloween are the pioneers of most of the music you're listening too Flare, and still you haven't heard a single song of them? They've only been around for a good 29 years or so...

Politicians sing just as much as rap-artists if that's the case.

Wats the diff between politicians talking and rap 'artists' talking. Either way your just hearing talking, just one of them is lies and bulls**t, the other is senseless degrading stuff.

Larcenist

Reaction score
Exactly my point. Rap is nothing but talking, which would be the same with politicians. Only exception would probably be the level of lingual usage within the content of whatever is spoken.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.