Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

WindAngel

Reaction score
Sorry to somewhat bring this up again but...

You seem like a nice guy. Anyway, in response to your other post, I think we all know how the terraining process works. Even if some of us can't terrain very well, (though, I fancy myself to be a pretty good terrainer... well, only for modern settings/maps) most of us know how to. In response to your other post: like I said. It takes skill to make that kind of terrain, but minus the imported models, the awesome factor just fades away. Furby might not have meant it like that, but I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to undermine the terrainer's abilities.

So you are basically saying, that since model importing makes the game look cool, but fake, that everybody should limit themselves to non-imported models, and make crappy looking terrains just because you can't make a terrain as good as Teh.Fellow?

and >< still awaiting this next patch. Its the end of the 2nd week in Jan, so I suppose it should be coming out soon ^^

Razalgrim

Reaction score
Sigh~

I'm saying it will still look great, but not as breath-taking as it is now. Why do people always jump on the idea that I meant to insult his terraining skill and compare it to mine? It's getting pretty annoying. There are a good deal of maps out there that look good even without imported resources, and if this map happened to be one of them as well, I would probably be inclined to add this to the previously stated list. Just in case you misinterpret that, read this:

This map has awesome terrain, but I hate how some of you guys react so aggressively on a statement that you didn't even understand.

Anyway, I think I read somewhere in this thread that you made/are making it more single-player friendly... if you already did, it's still way hard. :( It's like you made a WoW map with elites for normal mobs and bosses for elites. It's just really frustrating to only be able to take on one enemy at a time, and still spend a lot of time resting after the fight. I understand that this should be played as a group, but it would be great if you made the difficulty slope up in a more gentle fashion... the second group I encountered wiped my face on the floor. :nuts:

Reconcile

Reaction score
and >< still awaiting this next patch. Its the end of the 2nd week in Jan, so I suppose it should be coming out soon ^^

Please please please go read Zwieb's posts in the past few pages CAREFULLY. You're not the first person to apparently ignore when he puts a "ball-parked release date" in a post.

*EDIT*
To make it even easier.. Page 34 - Post 507. Now you can't miss it no matter what! (Unless you ignore it)

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, about the unlearning issue: Yes, you will not be able to "carry" more than 11 active spells and 11 passive spells. If you want to learn new ones, you have to unlearn your old ones first. When there are more than 11 spells, I will add an npc for that.

WindAngel

Reaction score
Oh, right... i never really read that page. =( sorry.

But still it should still come out soon hopefully in about 11 more days, so =)

Eich

Reaction score
Greetings!

Well, I simply love your map guys. The terrain is great, the playable characters are outstanding and the difficulty level is challenging!

What I would like to know is whether the current codes will be compatible with the upcoming update or not.

But one thing is bothering me, the explanations for the quests are done in this cinematic style. But often the one listening to it got kicked out of the game, or the most ppl never ever listen to the story behind the quest at all. Can't you guys present the story like you give out the save codes? I mean just as a simple text popup on the screen which you can clear with -clear?

So keep your good work up, I'm eagerly anticipating the new release ;)

Mfg Eich

WarZipp

Reaction score
Sigh~
This map has awesome terrain, but I hate how some of you guys react so aggressively on a statement that you didn't even understand.

Anyway, I think I read somewhere in this thread that you made/are making it more single-player friendly... if you already did, it's still way hard. :( It's like you made a WoW map with elites for normal mobs and bosses for elites. It's just really frustrating to only be able to take on one enemy at a time, and still spend a lot of time resting after the fight. I understand that this should be played as a group, but it would be great if you made the difficulty slope up in a more gentle fashion... the second group I encountered wiped my face on the floor. :nuts:

Your reply that you posted earlier didn't make sense. It's not that we didn't understand, its that we couldn't.

Yes it is going to be more single-player friendly. They are still working on the new version, which will make the outside mobs easier to kill. You will need a group with you to do the dungeons. The new version is coming out very soon. :thup:

Razalgrim

Reaction score
As my friends down at Burger King like to say, "Have It Your Way."

Good to hear that it's going to get easier for single player. I usually don't play ORPGs online before I hit a decent level.

On another note: Squire or Rogue? I'm basically looking for melee DPS and am wondering if either of the Squire's promotion jobs can cut it.

WarZipp

Reaction score
Promote your squire to barbarian or promote your thief to assassin. I couldn't tell you which one will have more dps.

I'd say the thief has the most dps so far in the current version (lvl 35+).

Steal from the 1st boss in d1 for the Assassins Blade.
kill the 1st boss in d2 for the Fisherman's Friend hat.
Steal from the 1st boss in d2 for the Gloves of Swiftness.
Kill 2nd boss in d2 for the Cultist Vestment armor.

Steal from the first boss in d2 and get the Ritualist's Blade. Its very rare though, it took me a long time to get it. The only problem now is your health, but you'll have great DPS.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
A preview for the new threat-meter of the upcoming version of Gaias Retaliation ORPG:

About the release date:
Please understand, that we are humans, after all. We try whatever we can to ensure a fast release, but in our country, most universitys start exams period at about february and we are not excluded from this.
I talked to Fellow tonight and we came to the conclusion, that we can not keep our release date for the next content upgrade.
Although, trigger-wise, we reached a state where it could only take one or two more weeks, there is still a lot of terrain to make before we can really start testing the new area.
As we made a lot of improvements on the existing content and built-in new features (such as the crafting and threat system, and let us not forget the new mob balance), we will release a new version in about a week or two, but this version will - once again - not contain the new area and town. We simply do not want to release unfinished projects, please understand.

GenDeath

Reaction score
Just Btw

Zwiebelchen, I know English isn't your native language, but the following quote is not proper English.
"does NOT contain new contain, but . . ."
Should be written as, "Does NOT contain new contents, but . . ." .

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
As my friends down at Burger King like to say, "Have It Your Way."

Good to hear that it's going to get easier for single player. I usually don't play ORPGs online before I hit a decent level.

Is there going to be a mode to make the game harder for those who want more of a challenge? I understand that it would be nice to have more solo ability for those who can not get a party and stuff, but I think it makes the game more fun when there is more of a challenge to it and I think there should be a way to change that, or at least increase difficulty for everything based on the # of players and decrease for less players but keep dungeons at a limit to how easy they can get

EDIT: btw guys, I think the item "ring of the Wolf" May be bugged. It's an accessory that is supposed to give +1 Armor and +2 Strength, but I seem to get +25 HP as well while using it.

WarZipp

Reaction score
this version will - once again - not contain the new area and town. We simply do not want to release unfinished projects, please understand.

:banghead: If there is no new area then what will the level cap be in the new version? If you save all of your quests till level 36 you can reach level 38. So will the cap still be 38 even though there will be advanced classes?

And it's hard to see the new squire model with that spell in the way.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
:banghead: If there is no new area then what will the level cap be in the new version? If you save all of your quests till level 36 you can reach level 38. So will the cap still be 38 even though there will be advanced classes?

And it's hard to see the new squire model with that spell in the way.
As the advanced classes are part of the quest chains, the pre-release will not have the advanced classes. They will be part of the real release in february.

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
I have created a clan on Azeroth(@US East) Dedicated to Gaias Retaliation ORPG. The clan channel is Clan Gaia. Please stop by and help populate the clans community so we can reach the point of being able to create pre-made parties and run dungeons and stuff! If the map makers need any help map testing, please stop by and ask :]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.