Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
Hey can you upload the upcoming versions to epicwar and put the link in this forum? Lots of people start QQing about viruses and sh*ts like that when i give them a mediafire link to dl the map.
Epicwar is always some hours behind, because someone else of the team is doing the epicwar uploads. But I can share a hiveworkshop link, if you want.

0buud0

Reaction score
Dont do any cope swipes please lol.... ive just about got my guy back up. also you should just let them cheat theres no fun for them if they cheat its really boring.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Well, could you Pm me how you were able to fit so much in such a small space? Please you would be a life saver of my project

0buud0

Reaction score
Hey im trying to DL the new ver but i cant find my WC3 Map File mind telling me the steps to get there or is everyones different?:banghead:

Joccaren

Reaction score
It is likely that the path to everyone's WC3 and their map files are different. If you can find it in your Warcraft folder, but not in game, then try just moving it to the downloads folder. If you can't find it at all, try re-downloading it. If you can't find the Warcraft 3 folder, check program files on your C drive

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Can you please stop the off-topic talk? This threat is not about explaining other people how the windows explorer works ... :/

And yes, its only 2 posts, but if you scroll back, you see many people talk about things that are nowhere related to the map at all. I think its getting out of hand recently.

Jming

Reaction score
Haha , didn't notice the new version and i went to get my squire to lvl 25 in version 9-12-09. Would it result in any code problems? :/

Anyways, im here to report description bugs:
Two handed great axe claims that it penetrates 3 armor. But when I equipped it, it turned out to penetrate only 2 armor. I checked by repeatingly typing -stats.
Still, ring of the wolf description of +X str +X armor, is wrong. It also grants a bonus of 25 life

And also some other bugs that involves the last boss:
When there are no space to create the tentacle, the tentacle is created at the sea.
The tentacle turns invul after 3 tails are spawned. It is then kept at the max of 3 tails. Is it intended to make life easier to kill this boss?

Also, making item with ranks totally suit the idea of weapons in gaias. What i meant by ranks for example,
Cleaver -> Cleaver +1 -> Cleaver +2 -> Cleaver +3 (MAX)
weakest rank <--------------------------> strongest rank
These ranks can be upgraded when it is combined with another boss drop. I would recommend the boss drop to be an artifact. Also when items are upgraded , there is a low % of failure , starting from the rank of example : Cleaver+2 -> Cleaver +3. Hope it will help ;D

Reconcile

Reaction score
I like that idea too: Tiered Items. Although I disagree with having a % of failure, cuz' if you work your butt off killing some boss "x" amount of times to get a low drop rate item, and then lose your +2 Cleaver just cuz' of that.. 5%? failure rate, and you have to start over, it's just not very fair to the person who spent their time and effort getting it

At the same time though, (Keeping in mind I don't know Zwieb's intention of level 50 gear distribution) it's dangerous to have tiered items as it leaves people saying, "This is the best *weapon* for berserkers, hands down", so all other weapons are, in a sense, negated and tossed aside.

That, of course, can be fixed by say.. having a (Going along with the Zerker example) level 50: 2h Sword, Mace, Axe, Pole-arm etc that are all able to be tiered, but specialize in specific areas. IE - Sword - Damage Output. Mace - Armor Pen. Axe - Critical. Pole-arm - Attack Speed or something along those lines.

Just my 2 cents!

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Haha , didn't notice the new version and i went to get my squire to lvl 25 in version 9-12-09. Would it result in any code problems? :/
No, there will not be any more code wipes for a long time.

However, I KNOW there are cheated characters out there in the bnet, that were created with the bugged 1-12-09 ... If I see ANY of them in my games, I will wipe the code instantly. I will not allow (nor tolerate) cheating in my games.

Anyways, im here to report description bugs:
Two handed great axe claims that it penetrates 3 armor. But when I equipped it, it turned out to penetrate only 2 armor. I checked by repeatingly typing -stats.
Still, ring of the wolf description of +X str +X armor, is wrong. It also grants a bonus of 25 life
Yes, thanks for reporting that. Tooltip bugs are always hard to find for me, as I do not play this map very often and only test the major issues.

And also some other bugs that involves the last boss:
When there are no space to create the tentacle, the tentacle is created at the sea.
The tentacle turns invul after 3 tails are spawned. It is then kept at the max of 3 tails. Is it intended to make life easier to kill this boss?
Well, it spawning only 3 tentacles at maximum is working as intended. This was done not to fuck off groups with less than 5 players. All dungeons are intended for 4 players. This is also why the ancient one has no armor.

Also, making item with ranks totally suit the idea of weapons in gaias. What i meant by ranks for example,
Cleaver -> Cleaver +1 -> Cleaver +2 -> Cleaver +3 (MAX)
weakest rank <--------------------------> strongest rank
These ranks can be upgraded when it is combined with another boss drop. I would recommend the boss drop to be an artifact. Also when items are upgraded , there is a low % of failure , starting from the rank of example : Cleaver+2 -> Cleaver +3. Hope it will help ;D
This might be implemented later; however, I can not promise you will ever see this feature in one of the further releases. Maybe it will never happen before SC2 releases. Can not say about this. For me, this sounds like a level 50 feature.

fazik

Reaction score
Minor issue:
When Demoralizing Shout is used on a thief (23-24 dmg) he only gets a -1 penalty. Probably the same problem occurs with different mobs. Rounding issue?

Bug or sth?:
The Armour Penetration (AP) works in a strange manner. It ONLY works when your AP is greater than the monster armour (AC). So a 12AC monster is unaffected by AP of 12 and lower, but 13 AP will decrease his AC to 0.

Unless it is intended so ...

WindAngel

Reaction score
Wow

Well this game is certainly amazing, but the hardest part of the game is not leveling. Its not boss killing, but if anything, its finding a hoster for this. If anyone knows a famous hoster for GR ORPG then please like list them for me.

My 2 cents for the tier items:
I think that it should require materials from either bosses, or creeps or a mixture of both, however this all should be based on a single item. While making a tier item, there should be an 10-20% chance of failure. However failure does not mean ur tier item is destroyed, only the reagents for the item, since its pretty difficult to break steal with things such as "Wolf Fang, Boar tusk, Rock, etc etc etc". However, if possible, there should be a deteriation rate for all items. While items go bad while being used too often, there should be a point where an item "dies" and it can't be respawned. This means that if you whack too much, and never check ur deteriation level, then your basically screwed. This would lead to people actually using their bags for secondary weapons in-case they are in the middle of a dungeon and wanting to kill bosses, but nowhere near a person who can fix their items.

Now for some glitches/changes i think should be made:
First of all: I really really dislike those thieves near that bridge to the boars place. They have about a 4k chasing range. Its really annoying because I might accidentally aggro them, and to escape their aggro, i need to run into a place where I aggro spiders. Changes: Why are wolves weaker than spiders and crabs... or in any case boars. If anything spiders should be first followd by crabs, then boars and wolves or spider, crab, wolf, boar. This has been something I was really wondering for such a long time.

However despite all these problems, this map is AMAZING. Not even joking the best RPG ive played on warcraft, but like all warcraft rpgs, it requires improvement.I was shocked by the size of the map, and I really enjoy the items appearing on the character, so keep up the great work, and I'll be willing to be 50 dollars that within the next year (provided the project doesn't die again) that it will be one of the top RPGs.

PS: whats the max level?
PS(II): Any way to fix the losing exp whenever u load? I mean I discovered this when i was about to hit level 12, and I had to go, and then suddenly when I load again the next day, I start with a dead bar. Please fix if you can =)

0buud0

Reaction score
hey i got the new ver downloaded now and dont you think the mage looked better in earlier vers???

PS no bugs found by me yet....

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Minor issue:
When Demoralizing Shout is used on a thief (23-24 dmg) he only gets a -1 penalty. Probably the same problem occurs with different mobs. Rounding issue?
Are you sure the thief hat no +damage bonus? Demo shout substracts damage bonus first before it applies the red number. And besides; there cant be a bug with demo, as it is the ordinary pitlord abiliy without triggers at all.

Bug or sth?:
The Armour Penetration (AP) works in a strange manner. It ONLY works when your AP is greater than the monster armour (AC). So a 12AC monster is unaffected by AP of 12 and lower, but 13 AP will decrease his AC to 0.
I'll investigate that. Thanks for reporting

First of all: I really really dislike those thieves near that bridge to the boars place. They have about a 4k chasing range.
No, they have 1.5k, like every mob.

Its really annoying because I might accidentally aggro them, and to escape their aggro, i need to run into a place where I aggro spiders.
Seriously, mobs have only 500 add range. Its almost impossible to add other mobs "by accident" unless you are really retarded.

Changes: Why are wolves weaker than spiders and crabs... or in any case boars. If anything spiders should be first followd by crabs, then boars and wolves or spider, crab, wolf, boar. This has been something I was really wondering for such a long time.
Seriously, wtf?! Since when are fantasy rpgs logical? We do not choose the mob models by logic, but what suits the area best.

PS: whats the max level?
Try it out?

PS(II): Any way to fix the losing exp whenever u load? I mean I discovered this when i was about to hit level 12, and I had to go, and then suddenly when I load again the next day, I start with a dead bar. Please fix if you can =)
This would dramaticly increase load code size. It's not worth it. But maybe I will save an exp percentage ... if you can convince the people that it worth another code wipe.

fazik

Reaction score
Are you sure the thief hat no +damage bonus? Demo shout substracts damage bonus first before it applies the red number. And besides; there cant be a bug with demo, as it is the ordinary pitlord abiliy without triggers at all.

There are 2 thieves lvl 17 near the entrance to a house (Sanev inside). They have no skills at all just plain dmg. Their dmg is listed as 23-24. When Shouted it is listed as 23-24 -1.
And its not just a display issue as they do the listed dmg, and with Shout it is decreased by 1. Have been exping on them for 2 lvls so I noticed ;).

WindAngel

Reaction score
Are you sure the mobs only have 1.5k range of chase? I have had this problem with my friend when I'm being chased by those bandits, and then i run into the wolf area. The bandits chase me farther than the wolves even though i entered the wolf section later.

Jming

Reaction score
man, there seem to be more fake maps of 9-12-09 coming out! its spreading all over the place :mad:. Will they be able to load the code of fake versions to the latest 10-12-09?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
man, there seem to be more fake maps of 9-12-09 coming out! its spreading all over the place :mad:. Will they be able to load the code of fake versions to the latest 10-12-09?
I always have the option to do a code wipe to destroy all those cheated characters pre 10-12-09, don't worry.

@ All those annoying spammers:
I will not answer questions about how we did something, what models we are using, how we were able to get all this stuff imported, etc., so stfu!! If you invest only 1 minute in googling or searching wc3 fansites, you WILL find all you need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.