Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

0buud0

Reaction score
NVM !!!!! lol i was wrong again im level 9 with 200 hp what you guys smoking lol??? but yea my guys fine now:thup:

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hello,

Well i'm making a Orpg aswell (Legacy of Argos) and I noticed you are using a lot of the doodads from the High Rez doodad pack and you have 2 songs in it, a bunch of attachments, custom models, and a lot of the terrain, how did you get it at 7.51mb? And your still able to add more stuff? Please tell me your secret :X

unifreshman

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. There is no mind control spell.

left click on a NPC -> press ctrl+shift -> left click on myself ->
press M to go to where u want with NPC
(TBR I has the same stituation )

This is perfectly fine, as you took your time to kill the boss. I will not punish that. It would be the same as if someone else killed the boss and you took the item as level 1.

I will not allow duping, but having others kill the bosses for you (or making use of repicking to get rare items) is okay, imho.

except that i mentioned
dont u think it is wierd that
seeing one this minute playing a lv 9 squire , and next minute playing a lv 25acrher and next 5 minutes playing lv21mage in a same game??
even, more people do this action?

i suggest that cancel the power of reloading after once load
or make a limit of times of reloading , for example : 2 times

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello,

Well i'm making a Orpg aswell (Legacy of Argos) and I noticed you are using a lot of the doodads from the High Rez doodad pack and you have 2 songs in it, a bunch of attachments, custom models, and a lot of the terrain, how did you get it at 7.51mb? And your still able to add more stuff? Please tell me your secret :X
Let's call it "right priorities" and a little bit of file editing ...
mp3s can be compressed alot if you have the right program. Same goes for textures. Models are always cheap on size.
You don't need 700 kb blps to let b²ms models look good.

The problem most mapmakers out there have, is that they concentrate on importing blps too much. If you use intelligent-made models (and optimize blp-usage), you can add like 20 different hero models and are still below 1 meg.

With all the custom music deleted, we would still be below 4.5 mb, cause we know how to set priorities. Whenever we import models, we always weight size vs. usage. If a model takes too much size with too less usage, it does not get imported.

PS: Its actually 4 songs, not 2.

for the 200 hp thing i wasnt level 10 i thought i was i was 14 also idk if you would call this a glitch but for the squire if you have hero preasents on and you use shiled slam (bash) which ever it is ummm it cancles hero presence.... so its hard to tank:(
The heroic presence bug with shield slam should be fixed with version 1-12-09. When did that bug occur? Which version did you use?
left click on a NPC -> press ctrl+shift -> left click on myself ->
press M to go to where u want with NPC
(TBR I has the same stituation )

except that i mentioned
dont u think it is wierd that
seeing one this minute playing a lv 9 squire , and next minute playing a lv 25acrher and next 5 minutes playing lv21mage in a same game??
even, more people do this action?

i suggest that cancel the power of reloading after once load
or make a limit of times of reloading , for example : 2 times
Seriously, if people want to cheat, they will ALWAYS find a way to do so. I can just make it harder to cheat and help people stay on the light side of force. I will never be able to fix all the ways to cheat.
If you see someone abusing the control bug, blacklist him and do not play with him anymore (he's a moron anyways).

But I will add a protection in the next version. I do not know how, however. Would an "a unit is issued an order" event fire in that situation?

About the reloading issue: As I said - where is the difference if someone else kills that mob and you take the loot? Or if he picks up the loot with backpack and drops it for you? I think this is fine as long as it doesnt go out of hand. But okay, I will add a loading limit of 2.
The fair player is the victim, when making it harder to cheat - as always.

EDIT:
I finished the class-change trigger today. We are doing progress faster than expected, though the new skills will be an enormous amount of work ...
However, the models, heroes and most of the trigger work is done. However, don't expect the new version to be released within the next two weeks.

Femoika

Reaction score
Hey Zwieb, I'm talking from Brazil here and I'd like to congratulate you for developing such a great map and ORPG, the game is REALLY a solid masterpiece.

Anyways, i want to ask if you could give us some more details about further releases, other than the new farm areas and a real date for the next patch...

Thanks in advance!

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I finished the class-change trigger today. We are doing progress faster than expected, though the new skills will be an enormous amount of work ...
However, the models, heroes and most of the trigger work is done. However, don't expect the new version to be released within the next two weeks.
Sad that I have to quote myself from exactly one post above ... What's up with you people? -_-'

unifreshman

Reaction score
dear Zwiebelchen
unfortunately.
characters of extra high stats still exist when too many people are loading at the same time XD

i think some would like to play with high stats men , some would not.=_=
put ur attention on new contents !

Femoika

Reaction score
Sorry Zweib if I didn't make myself clear, i just wanted to ask you about details and stuff, like some more screenshots(like the farm area you posted) and maybe some spoil about your superior classes skill plans. Anyways, sorry if you think this is too much, I'm just a big fan of the game trying to fulfill my expectations...

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
dear Zwiebelchen
unfortunately.
characters of extra high stats still exist when too many people are loading at the same time XD
I don't get what you mean. It's not possible to load "at the same time", cause loading is instant. What are you talking about? Are you using some kind of synchronizing tool or what?

EDIT: Think I know what you mean. Next version will have a security method against parallel loading/saving. Also, I fixed a logical bug with the save/load systems. Old codes are still valid, don't worry.

Ayonne

Reaction score
Bug:
Golem boss can be lured to a place where he cannot attack

screen:
WC3ScrnShot_120409_195432_01-1.jpg

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
As you said Zwiebelchen, people will always find a way to cheat. :D

unifreshman

Reaction score
glitch

go to the north coast (where we was born in)

go along the coast , magicl things happen:eek:

i bacome a man walking on sea

saying hello to BIG CRAB

"nice to meet u" to Troll mage

"hey ! u r such a ugly guy..." then i kill him

Black_Pirate

Reaction score
Hi Zwiebelchen,

Not sure if this was noticed before, but when players share control with each other, a player can pick more then once. I'm guessing if shared control doesn't play a vital role in the rpg then it would be easiest to just remove it, not sure what to do if you want to keep it though.

This is how to repeat the bug (BEFORE PLAYER A OR B PICKS):
1- Player A shares control with Player B.
2- Player B picks his hero.
3- Player B goes to the hero selection area (with camera) and just picks again.
4- When the desired party is selected, player A picks and they both play as if nothing happened.

0buud0

Reaction score
the ver i used shiled slam is one of the older ones cus i havent got it on 12-1-09 yet but also the magician can use dispell magic over and over to get 100 rage should you take that out?

Jming

Reaction score
black pirate's and unifreshman's bug are very common in all orpg games. this bugs might not be solved

unifreshman

Reaction score
Hi Zwiebelchen,
could u talk about what is the max lv u are going to set ?
let me have a way to thinking about how to do stats :confused:

BUG:
when being dead, triggering the animation of lv 30 boss ,

the armor of grave become 0 from unbeatable.

if there is anemy around, knocking out grave.

the player will not revive and save

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Bug:
Golem boss can be lured to a place where he cannot attack

screen:
WC3ScrnShot_120409_195432_01-1.jpg
*Sigh* ... I will fix that, but there are lots of positions like that where you can abuse pathing ... Not only with natural positions, but also by blocking with other players, too. This is the greatest drawback of the threat system. The only way I can think of is reducing the bosses pathing to 0.

go to the north coast (where we was born in)

go along the coast , magicl things happen:eek:

i bacome a man walking on sea

saying hello to BIG CRAB

"nice to meet u" to Troll mage

"hey ! u r such a ugly guy..." then i kill him
Dunno if I fixed that in 1-12-09 or if I fixed that in the version that is yet to be released. Anyways, It's fixed; if not now, then next ver. Please dont report that anymore.
Hi Zwiebelchen,

Not sure if this was noticed before, but when players share control with each other, a player can pick more then once. I'm guessing if shared control doesn't play a vital role in the rpg then it would be easiest to just remove it, not sure what to do if you want to keep it though.

This is how to repeat the bug (BEFORE PLAYER A OR B PICKS):
1- Player A shares control with Player B.
2- Player B picks his hero.
3- Player B goes to the hero selection area (with camera) and just picks again.
4- When the desired party is selected, player A picks and they both play as if nothing happened.
Thanks; did not think of that. I will disable sharing control.
the ver i used shiled slam is one of the older ones cus i havent got it on 12-1-09 yet but also the magician can use dispell magic over and over to get 100 rage should you take that out?
Hmm ... I think this is fine. If you want to waste your time like that, go ahead - it's not like rage is your most precious ressource.
Hi Zwiebelchen,
could u talk about what is the max lv u are going to set ?
let me have a way to thinking about how to do stats :confused:

BUG:
when being dead, triggering the animation of lv 30 boss ,

the armor of grave become 0 from unbeatable.

if there is anemy around, knocking out grave.

the player will not revive and save
I know about that. I will just add alot of HP to the graves and it should be fine.

Since so many people demand it, I am going to post a list of features the next version will have and an expected release date (Though I don't think its accurate ...).

I also added a list of features the next version will have to the initial post and keep it updated about what is done and what not, so you can maybe judge how much longer it will take.

Femoika

Reaction score
Thanks Zweib, just read the first post again and it looks really nice. Looking forward for the advanced classes!

Edit: Just wanted to ask you: There will be any exp reset after the class advance? I mean everyone after doing the quest will start back at level 1?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Thanks Zweib, just read the first post again and it looks really nice. Looking forward for the advanced classes!

Edit: Just wanted to ask you: There will be any exp reset after the class advance? I mean everyone after doing the quest will start back at level 1?
No, you will keep all your levels and stats, such as spells.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.