hi,
i am samuel of taiwan
there are more and more people are playing this map in taiwan
most of all expect ur map,and support u mentaly :thup:
so, keep on making good map~~~~~~~

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I finished my playthrough of dragon age today and rejoined the project again. Dunno how long it will take for the new update, since we have to fix several very complicated bugs ... but I hope we can do it within the next weeks. At least a bug-fixed version.

Reconcile

Reaction score
It's nearly 1 month . We should be expecting at least job advancement class now

Seriously, Jming? Why should you "expect" anything? You are not making the map, nor contributing to it, and I doubt you don't know the amount of work it requires.

Be more ungrateful why don't you?

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
I will try to fix all the reported bugs tomorrow and will then release an updated version so that players are finally able to prepare for the new advanced classes update. (Since the save/load system still has some bugs, you can expect a code wipe :( )
However, I don't know how long it will take to release the advanced classes update itself ...

I planned making only one initial learned spell for each advanced class, but this also equals up to 10 new spells and this is gonna take a while ...
And also, we planned to release the advanced classes together with the capital city of ankhmaron (which is an enormous amount of terraining work).

I think we will leave out quests and bosses for the advanced classes/capital city update to achieve a faster release and add those later.

Reconcile

Reaction score
u do know the passion of loving a map is greater than other hardwork

Maybe for you, but you're not making the map and managing life, all the while having ingrates breathing down your neck. Unless you know Zwieb personally, you are making a lot of assumptions that are uncalled for.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score

Jming

Reaction score
there should be quest requirements. eg , getting quest items - people gonna get those items from hardcore bosses. If they have difficulty in doing so, they will take time to complete this quest. Therefore, it gives you time to release the next version since people won't bother asking you for the next second job advancement update.

so after the bug fix version , update the 2nd job requirements version and finally the second job advancement update + city of ankh :thup:

0buud0

Reaction score
Love the game

Hey, nice ORPG :thup: but couple things one is that you can get out of the map by the starting area which is kinda dumb and anoying also, someone joined my game and said "-load rtl" then his guy spawned in the middle of the map level 50 best items whats up with that?:confused:

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
This is because the save/load system is bugged and doesn't do the name check properly. This is gonna be fixed in the next version. Muzzel is writing a new system that has almost the same compression as KODE, but is less limited in operations.

However, those cheaters won't have fun with their characters, since, as you said, the spawn in the middle of the map and can not reach the original gaming area.

unifreshman

Reaction score
This is because the save/load system is bugged and doesn't do the name check properly. This is gonna be fixed in the next version. Muzzel is writing a new system that has almost the same compression as KODE, but is less limited in operations.

However, those cheaters won't have fun with their characters, since, as you said, the spawn in the middle of the map and can not reach the original gaming area.

i sugguest that set a limit of sum of all stats : when loading ,sum of stats > XX
will load fail ( of course, the number of sum depend on what lv u r)

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
i sugguest that set a limit of sum of all stats : when loading ,sum of stats > XX
will load fail ( of course, the number of sum depend on what lv u r)
This is very uneffective. We use a checksum system for that. Way better and safer.

TideOfChaos

Reaction score
I made some screenshots of the new farmland area that is close to the capital city. We also use a multitile now, to get even more terrain diversity. Since we still have tile slots to spend, we can add another multitile later, if those additional 18 slots are not enough.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2/wc3scrnshot112609202859.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6637/wc3scrnshot112609203004.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4863/wc3scrnshot112609215444.jpg

The last screenshot seems a little strange. :/
Maybe don't make the crop fields so bumpy.
No farmer would plant crops on such unstable land, they couldn't plow there fields and stuff like that, they would level the ground first. Also, the hills are much larger there then anywhere else, it doesn't really make sense.

Also, have you thought about adding in lighting effects to the game, because it always looks like damn winter because of the heavy fog.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
wow.
so the checksum system is going to be used in next update ver @@?
nice:thup:
Hmm, actually, its already in, but the namechecking doesnt work properly. The only thing I wanted to say with that was: We know how to write a saveload system, you don't need to give advices for that. But thanks anyways.

The last screenshot seems a little strange. :/
Maybe don't make the crop fields so bumpy.
No farmer would plant crops on such unstable land, they couldn't plow there fields and stuff like that, they would level the ground first. Also, the hills are much larger there then anywhere else, it doesn't really make sense.

Also, have you thought about adding in lighting effects to the game, because it always looks like damn winter because of the heavy fog.
Hmm, actually, those screens are editor screens. The ingame fog looks different and depends on the time of day.
And we design our terrain to look good from standard birds-eye view. That way, it sometimes looks strange from different views.

But yes, you are right about those fields. I will change them.

0buud0

Reaction score
Hey, also i heard you guys might do a code swipe is. That true, cus i just got to level 29... and i dont really wanna do that all for nothing.:(

Reconcile

Reaction score
Hey, also i heard you guys might do a code swipe is. That true, cus i just got to level 29... and i dont really wanna do that all for nothing.:(

Don't recall where I read it, but I'm fairly sure you'll be able to advance jobs at level 15! But don't quote me on that, just going off what I remember!

So those extra 14 levels are really unnecessary unless it: 1) Somehow carries over when you job-up, or 2) I'm wrong and it's actually level 25, 30 or something else!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.