Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
Oh, i did find one glitch, i am a lvl 31 cleric, and when i cast divine shield on myself the shield animation disappears, then appears again when a creature attacks me. When i exit combat again, the shield disappears...etc.etc

The shield animation disappears when nothing is being absorbed, and will reappear when something is absorbed. Still lasts the 30 seconds.

P.S What is the drop chance of confidence aura? I have farmed the wolf, troll and crab for more than 30 times. Troll prob about 50 =.= Thanks
I would think rather, fairly low, but possible? I got mine on my second crab kill at level 9, Lol! ^_^ Helped the party so much, <3 <3 Gotta love +100 hp.

burnt19

Reaction score
I would think rather, fairly low, but possible? I got mine on my second crab kill at level 9, Lol! ^_^ Helped the party so much, <3 <3 Gotta love +100 hp.

Wow, you are so lucky. Then one time it dropped a lvl 10 stole it then dced 5 minutes later. =.=
I have been farming it for so long though lol. I will be so happy when i finally get it ^.^

OMG =(
it finally drops but i was farming in single player so i couldnt save. NOOOOOOO!!:banghead:

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
OMG =(
it finally drops but i was farming in single player so i couldnt save. NOOOOOOO!!:banghead:

Thats why you play on B.net or in LAN

besides, your lucky to have even got it to drop, I've never had it drop for me.
Zwiebelchen, I noticed, when playing in single player and using the cheat 'Iseedeadpeople' to see the new content when I update quicker than working my way to it, that at night the whole map goes dark except for where there are light posts. I have to ask, is there a reason for this? You don't actually notice when your playing without cheats as the hero's LOS reveals the terrain as bright as day so...

Also, I noticed whilst loading that a failed load attempt counts towards 1 of your two loads, could you remove this as I have a bit of trouble typing in my code sometimes and I have to restart the game after two tries :p

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Oh, i did find one glitch, i am a lvl 31 cleric, and when i cast divine shield on myself the shield animation disappears, then appears again when a creature attacks me. When i exit combat again, the shield disappears...etc.etc
Maybe you had some bad luck on the periodical buff dummy movement. I implemented a custom buff system that is based on a low range aura applied by an invisible flying mob above the heroes head, to avoid buff fading from closing spellbooks. Sometimes, when you move in the right moment, this causes the periodic timer to not refresh the dummys position in the right time, causing the dummy buff to disappear. It's not affecting gameplay at all - It's just a graphics bug that appears in rare occasions (like 1% of all movement?).
The shield animation disappears when nothing is being absorbed, and will reappear when something is absorbed. Still lasts the 30 seconds.
No, it should be there the whole 30 seconds. EXCEPT the shield has absorbed the maximum amount of damage determined by your heroes spellpower.
Zwiebelchen, I noticed, when playing in single player and using the cheat 'Iseedeadpeople' to see the new content when I update quicker than working my way to it, that at night the whole map goes dark except for where there are light posts. I have to ask, is there a reason for this? You don't actually notice when your playing without cheats as the hero's LOS reveals the terrain as bright as day so...
When will people ever recognize features as not being bugs? YES, the DNC ambience lighting is turned off while being inside houses and caverns. YES, it's intended to be so, to create better atmosphere (ever seen a cave that has daylight? I didn't.). NO; this is not a graphics bug. YES, it's turned off for the whole map until you leave the house again.
Also, I noticed whilst loading that a failed load attempt counts towards 1 of your two loads, could you remove this as I have a bit of trouble typing in my code sometimes and I have to restart the game after two tries :p
Can you people PLEASE stop reporting already fixed bugs? In version 10-12-09, this is not an issue anymore. This version is now 6 days old. It really shouldn't be a problem to play 10-12-09 instead of 9-12-09. Thanks.

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Just a small update, to keep this thread alive:

I am now at 7 / 10 finished spells. Also added some nice eyecandy functions for the Bards Song style spells:
songofvigor.jpg

Whatever, I decided to give an in-dept preview of what will be coming with the content upgrade in january 2010:

The new advanced classes and their initial spells after class change:
These spells are not final - there might still be changes!

Crusader (Squire evolve)
A somewhat Paladin styled Tank class.
Crucify - A cross-shaped channeled short-duration AoE that deals divine damage to all enemies hit.

Berserker (Squire evolve)
Well ... self-explaining.
Heaven's Edge - A jump attack that deals high damage to the target and some small AoE damage around it

Bishop (Cleric evolve)
The master healer class.
Mend - A typical HoT-spell.

Monk (Cleric evolve)
Tank OR damage dealer - depends on how you play (and specc) him. Uses Knuckledusters and attacks melee. Mainstat is Agility ... however, it will also require Int.
Steel Body - (can be activated and remains active until deactivated, like Heroic Presence) Increases Armor of the monk by an amount determined by Int and Agi. Also increases threat generated by 15%. Deactivates healing magic.

Sorcerer (Mage evolve)
Main "glass cannon" class.
Devil's Tongue - Creates a number of flames traveling forward, switching their movement angle at random. Will look a little bit like the Druid spell from Diablo 2.

Necromancer (Mage evolve)
Debuffer and Summoning class.
Raise Dead - Creates one melee skeleton out of a dead body. Can summon up to 2 skeletons at the same time.

Assassin (Thief evolve)
I think this is clear.
Bladefury - Strikes the target with multiple blows. Deals high single target damage.

Bard (Thief evolve)
If you love buffing others ... the bard is the class for you.
Song of Vigor - Increases strength of the target. Only one song can be active per target.

Hunter (Ranger evolve)
For all those people out there, that HAVE to play hunter in every game possible ;)
Multishot - Fires multiple arrows in a cone shape.

Druid (Ranger evolve)
Healer, summoning and ranged damage hybrid. Spellpower-based, though the mainstat is still agility.
Nature's Blessing - An instant heal with average cooldown.

The new areas:
- Farmland area west of the knows content, including some small ruins taken by ogres and a refugee camp
- The eastern gates of the capital city of Ankhmaron, including the new outdoor-dungeon.

The new dungeon - "The Central Quarter":
As the capital city is sieged by armies of undead, the main theme of this outdoor-dungeon will be the defence of the eastern gates. You will have to fight off waves of undead attacking the barricaded bridge, that seperates the eastern quarters of the capital from the sieged central and southern parts. There will also be NPC soldiers to your assistance. After fighting off the waves, you will be able to walk deeper into the central quarter and fight off an undead leutenant.

The class change quests:
Every base class (which equals up to 5 quests) will have a unique quest-chain consisting of two parts. The first part will involve doing something special at the central quarters. The second part is a quest where you are on your own. You will be put into a small one-man dungeon and so some special task for your class trainer. I don't want to give spoilers on that one, but I think we came up with some very cool ideas here.

Jming

Reaction score
Can I look at the SS of spells? :D Song of Vigor animation is nice, but isnt the symbol of it a little too big?

Reconcile

Reaction score
All that sounds gold Zwieb! I am very impressed by the amount of detail and intricacy you, and the rest of the team, are putting in to this RPG; it puts it WAY ahead of a lot of half-arsed RPGs currently out there, even now (In Alpha stage!).

Def excited for that specific update! But until then, waiting for such quality requires patience :)!

AGrimDeath

Reaction score
Yes! A HoT spell finally! <3

Suggestion : Can you make channeling spells take less time to channel depending on some variable? It gets rather frustrating as a cleric when channeling heal, and the person dies right before it finishes. :( Maybe like, every 10 int = -.1 seconds off or something.

burnt19

Reaction score
Hey Zwei, I was looking at the Hivworkshop forum recently, and I saw the comment about repicking stats.
I think it is a great i dea, expecially for later on into game development.
I had the idea of maybe lvl times around 500g or so.
Just my 2 cents worth =P

Jming

Reaction score
i already have 27k gold. i would rather have either only one per use reset tome or not have it at all

fazik

Reaction score
Wow! fantastic :D Finally undead :D

There is a problem when casting a spell that lowers your mana below the price of any spell you have. The spells tab just closes. The problem is that for ex. a ranger has a skill that doesn't require mana and still spells close ...
Could you make it so that despite the lack of mana you would be inside spells?

WindAngel

Reaction score
just a few questions:
a) will there be a code reset when 2nd class comes out?
b) if there is no code reset, will there be ap reset tomes? A lot of people woulve screwed up with some classes (such as the healer becoming a monk), and so i thought one might be implanted in.

@the person who said "Finally a HoT spell! <3" there is already one by a ranger, but the thing is its not a very good one since people get agi and str or agi and const rather than agi and int.

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
a) actually i can say no there wont be a code reset.
b) since so many people talked about that, there will be a stats reset. But it will be verry expensive or just 1-2 times be abel to do it .. we will see

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
Yes! A HoT spell finally! <3

Suggestion : Can you make channeling spells take less time to channel depending on some variable? It gets rather frustrating as a cleric when channeling heal, and the person dies right before it finishes. :( Maybe like, every 10 int = -.1 seconds off or something.
I'd rather add that in form of a % modifier on items. But for me, this sounds like a highend stat not suited for the strength of the current items.

fazik

Reaction score
One point to the items restrictions (besides the one that i REALLY HATE any restrictions ;) ). Please make them stats restricted not lvl restricted. That's highly unrealistic.
Like Bows = Agi, Swords = Str, Staves = Magic etc
Also already saved items should stay on the char ;).

TpM

Reaction score
Er guys beware of Zen|Arrow @ Garena, he ninja the boss loots and save then quit!

Zwiebelchen

Reaction score
9 of 10 spells done now. I will finish the last spell (Sorcerers Devil's Tongue) during the holidays.

Until then, the Gaias Retaliation team wishes everyone a merry christmas :>

Mael

Reaction score
I'm hyped about the new classes and the new region. But I'm interested in new items because there are very few (considering it's an orpg xD) in the map right now. Pretty please, sprinkle some information on us! *sparkly eyes* :D ... :banghead: NEED EPICS! EPICS!!!!!!!! Oh, and merry Christmas!

Oh yeah... and won't the file size be larger than the total map size allowed on b.net (8mb was it)?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.