Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

House.M.D.

Reaction score
Chance=random..fcking random... sometimes i have 8-11 crit-hits in a row,but sometimes i have up to 20 hits without crit
4ntinoob, fullgeared thief 34with 22%critchance

I've NEVER gone without 5 hits without receiving the 10 fire damage. My squire's almost 39 so I've "tested" out the gloves long enough.

Of course crit chance is completely random, this is the point I am trying to make, you can't mathematically put an average on it because the gloves say 25% chance. The gloves are in fact better than what they say.

House.M.D.

Reaction score
anyone know who drop a sapphire??!?!

This I try to wonder myself lol...I know crabs and boars drop pearls, spiders and wolves drop emeralds...I've gotten sapphires from the mobs in the second dungeon...I'm not sure which outside trash mob specifically drops sapphires though.

fazik

Reaction score
It's not 25% like most things in this map items are different than what they say to be. I constantly proc the fire damage 4-8 times in a row, you can't mathematically use probability to "assume" how much extra damage it's going to deal. A 30+ fully geared thief has what, around 25% crit chance? I'm pretty sure most thieves will tell you that their thief crits well over 60% of the time, hell maybe even more.

I'm glad you can do math, but it doesn't apply here. Logic however, does.

According to You we shouldn't look at the chances using math? Probably the makers of the map know this and they just randomed everything and put the visible % just as a joke so that we assume that it is that current % and in fact its is something completely different. From now on i dont spend any more points into dex and completely ignore items with +crit chance or +evade%! This is Your logic? :nuts:

I know that the random numbers generating machine in windows is bugged (in fact any "random" generation is flawed by many factors), but I never seen that it is visibly bugged in War3. Sometimes i think that you get 2 criticals in a row too often, but later on you don't get any. The more you play (number of repetitions) the closer it is to the chance listed. Always. Try tossing a coin. You should get 6-7 heads/tails in a row frequently, but still the chance is EXACTLY 50%.

Any thief that is doing 60% criticals means that it is a serious bug and should be looked into.

Lotyc

Reaction score
Does stealling have the same droplist as the normal one? And if not, what the differences?

Make cleric's buff "bloodfury" castable at urself in next update plz, coz it'll be a perfect buff for a monk.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Okay, first of, about the release date:

I got exams period until the first days of march. Don't expect the release before that.

Second: About the sharing control -
This is indeed a bug. It will be fixed in the next version.

Third: About the cheaters -
I know that there is a community out there that only trys to hack wc3 maps the whole day. And I know they managed to hack it. If you see one of those losers in your game, be sure to tell them what you think of them and always host the official versions. Maybe I will try to add a better cheat protection in the next version. Dunno if that is possible. There is this nice anti-cheat package available on helper. I know its not perfect, but maybe it fucks off at least some hackers, that are not skilled enough to read jass properly.

Fourth: About the Disconnects -
I will look into the cinematics triggers again. Though I doubt there is something wrong with them, I put it on my todo list for the next update.

Fifth: About the Ancient One not having a steal list -
Yes, it doesn't have one. It just gets the standard list of ordinary trash mobs instead of an own custom one. I simply forgot to add a steal list to it as I made the changes to the encounter. My bad.

chinese604

Reaction score
Before any of this. Soldier gauntlets currently have +1 dmg for some reason even though it doesn't say anything about it on the item.

Lets say a mob does 50 dmg per hit after all of your armor has been counted with a squire who is using soldier gauntlets.
That means a mob will do 49 dmg per hit after all of your armor has been counted with searing.
Soldier gaunts have 2% evasion, so out of 100 hits, you can expect to take 98x50=4900 dmg.
With Searing gloves you can expect to take 49x100 dmg.

At 51 dmg per hit
Soldier: 98x51=4998
Searing: 100x50=5000

At 49 dmg per hit
Soldier:98x49=4802
Searing:100x48=4800.

At 45 dmg per hit
Soldier:98x45=4410
Searing:100x44=4400

Searing has 10 less life bonus.
So at the point where mobs are hitting you for 45 dmg per hit with soldier, it doesn't matter damage wise if you switched to searing.

Dmg wise:
Searing 25% to do 10 fire damage
Soldier(supposed to be none but it does have +1 for some reason) +2% crit.
Out of 100 attacks Searing will add 250 dmg
Out of 100 attacks Soldier should add like 50 dmg because of 2 crits, and 100 dmg from the +1 attack.

But yeah then there's the crit from abilities, which will probably add more damage. If there wasn't the random +1 attack from soldier gaunts then searing would be better damage wise, but for now I think soldier gaunts are actually better for dealing dmg and in general searing is better for tanking. And well if you're in some kind of fire dungeon you'd obviously want searing.

Anyways the point of this is while searing gauntlets are slightly better for tanking in general, I'd appreciate it if you could add like 1 or 2% evasion to them.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
1. as i remember, the creators didnt want any lootlist to be published
I never saíd that: I just said that I will not publish the official lootlist. Fans creating their own lootlist out of experience is perfectly fine for me.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
It says that classes "evolves" into better or just other characters?

When does this occur? Do we have to find a way or is it not yet implemented?

Or is it determind by lvl?

meOme

Reaction score
It says that classes "evolves" into better or just other characters?

When does this occur? Do we have to find a way or is it not yet implemented?

Or is it determind by lvl?
It's not implemented yet.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
This map is quite difficult with only a Squire and a Magician. We have managed to get to lvl 22 (soon to be 23) but i guess we should have had some more members in our party.

:p

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I honestly do not know why people are arguing over which is better: searing gloves and soldier guanlets. Guys, the game is in alpha state and this gear that is in the game right now is absolutely bad compared to what will be in newer versions. Don't worry about what's better especially if it's determined by very SMALL possibilities such as +"2.5" fire damage.

Just use one of the two, obviously searing gloves are better for damage output because of the fire damage, and both are decent for tanking.

Glivee

The Swedish Moose
Reaction score
Too bad you cannot use the -Save command when using "Save Game".

Since me and a mate have spent like 30+ Hours on farming Dungeon 1 and suches but now we are stuck at the bosses and a Turtle in Dungeon 2 haha.

So now we are kinda stuck at this particular point in the game where we cant level our Heroes more since the Creeps and Bosses that we are able to slay wont grant us any experience.

Alltough it has been a nice 30+ Hours of gameplay i must say!

We are both looking forward for any updates on the landscape for us to explore and conquer.

Thanks for an excellent map!

**EDIT:**

Are you guys gonna throw us some map with updated landscape soon?

We scouted the map and saw a giant city in the middle of the map wich looked awesome (alltough fog of war but we could sure make out some of what it might look like)

NEED MOAR GAMEPLAY! =)

/Glivee

GigglesTheCl

Reaction score
Just wondering about a few things related to the cleric. Would it be possible to add a spell effect for weakened-soul so its easier to tell when you can recast. Since cleric really can't check on the cooldown status on anyone but themselves redily, I think some sort of animation would be greatly appreciated.

Secondly, I'm well aware that ranger has remedy, but I really believe cleric should have more than one spell to heal with. Maybe when someone is shielded, in addition to damage absorbtion, they gain an amount of health in proportion to damage taken. Or you could even give cleric a spell similar to a HoT, but maybe different mechanics. Such as a minor heal with a small rejuvenation effect thats instant cast but 8s cooldown or something of that manner.

Anyway, great map overall, looking forward to further releases.

odigirb

Reaction score
the only thing that should be changed is his 1000gold spell.
20% attackspeed for 15 seconds? thats really useless.

i play as theif, and this spell is useless for me...and/but
if used in squire lvl 22-28 can get same aspd than my theif...
is unfair because i don't have armor penetration do do same dmg
so... i hit less than squire

GigglesTheCl

Reaction score
...the only thing that should be changed is his 1000gold spell.
20% attackspeed for 15 seconds? thats really useless.

i would rather change it do some sort of inner-fire like ability...

Forgot to mention symbol of fury is kind of misplaced on the clerics bar as mentioned by quote. I just think that in addition to the main heal a cleric has with its relatively long cast time there should be some minor instant heal when shield isn't ready yet.

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
During my 1000000th D2 run today, an idea occoured to me, Maybe there is a way to save cinematic to characters? for example I enter D2 and I see the Cinematic for the boss which is cool and all, but then maybe make it on the next runs where I don't need to go into it since I've already seen it once? This way we still get to use and see the cinematic but we aren't forced to rewatch things we have already completed on our hero.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.