Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Secondly, I'm well aware that ranger has remedy, but I really believe cleric should have more than one spell to heal with. Maybe when someone is shielded, in addition to damage absorbtion, they gain an amount of health in proportion to damage taken. Or you could even give cleric a spell similar to a HoT, but maybe different mechanics. Such as a minor heal with a small rejuvenation effect thats instant cast but 8s cooldown or something of that manner.
There will be more spells in the future. The Bishop, for example, gets a HoT spell.
also: the shield sometimes isnt visible, and so are the buff-icons on the hero. sometimes the weakened-soul isnt displayed even though it still takes effect, and sometimes its displayed to one player, but not to the others. very strangely triggered...
This is not triggered at all and something WC3 messes up. All the buffs in the game use dummy Auras applied to an invisible unit above their head with a very small area of effect. I could not apply the dummy aura to the hero himself, because that would cause the spellbook to close everytime a buff fades. So basicly, I'm restricted to the game's laggy aura engine when it comes to buff art. But don't worry: Even if the buff icon and art doesn't show, buff detection will always return the correct value, as the system does not check for the buff icon, but only for the aura ability that is applied to the "overhead unit". This is just cosmetical. It doesn't affect gameplay at all.
the only thing that should be changed is his 1000gold spell.
20% attackspeed for 15 seconds? thats really useless.
I think its quite useful for the tank. And the cooldown is very short. 20% attackspeed equals 20% more damage, most of the time.

and 50% of the targets armor as +damage
So, you would trade like 5 attackpower (most leather wearers have 10 armor) against 20% more damage? That is not really wise, if you ask me.

As always, balancing is subjective. But I think the spell balancing is fine at the moment.
The best way to deal with balancing is the Blizzard philosophy: "If everyone is complaining about their class, the balancing is perfect."
During my 1000000th D2 run today, an idea occoured to me, Maybe there is a way to save cinematic to characters? for example I enter D2 and I see the Cinematic for the boss which is cool and all, but then maybe make it on the next runs where I don't need to go into it since I've already seen it once? This way we still get to use and see the cinematic but we aren't forced to rewatch things we have already completed on our hero.
Seriously, the cinematic takes 10 seconds ...
Forgot to mention symbol of fury is kind of misplaced on the clerics bar as mentioned by quote. I just think that in addition to the main heal a cleric has with its relatively long cast time there should be some minor instant heal when shield isn't ready yet.
There will be more spells in the future. All advanced classes will get their own spells. It was intended that clerics are not perfect healers, as Clerics are only the BASE class.

Lotyc

Reaction score
Talking about symbol of fury, why it can't be casted on urself? ofc it's useless for cleric now, but as u mentioned cleric is a base class,so this buff will be perfect for his advance - monk(both if u make him dd and tank)

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
I don't mind the cinimatics I understand it's just 10 seconds, it's just a mild inconvienece to have to rewatch it every single time you want to run the dungeon. What if their was a trigger on the cinimatic like
if the ancient one quest == completed
don't show cinimatic
else
show cinimatic
that way it only shows the cinimatic unlil you complete the quest for the dungeon, then you don't have to sit through it anymore, either way though if the cinimatic doesn't get shut off I really don't mind as you said it is only 10 seconds and not really that big of a deal.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Talking about symbol of fury, why it can't be casted on urself? ofc it's useless for cleric now, but as u mentioned cleric is a base class,so this buff will be perfect for his advance - monk(both if u make him dd and tank)
Well ... I agree on that one. I add it to my todo-list ...

Reconcile

Reaction score
you said symbol of fury would be good for a tank, but why do you compare my changed symbol of fury to an agility hero then?

1% of the maximum healthpoints as armor and 50% of the armor as damage

for my tank, this means +6 armor and +13 damage (BONUS damage, which applies to the abilities aswell)

this is a thousand times more usefull than worthless 20% attackspeed

DO SOMETHING

It's spose' to be a buff for EVERYONE, not just tanks. How would it be fair to have tanks getting (Hypothetically) roughly +10 armor and +25 damage vs a leather wearer who only gets +5 armor and +10 damage.

Welcome to balance

fazik

Reaction score
The Heavy Chainmail recipe is seriously underpriced, easy to get and due to this overpowered.
The costs are a pearl (lvl 3 crab drop) + recipe 35gp + 2X iron ore 2X10 + poor pelt 10gp = 65gp (-10gp for selling the recipe back ;) ) = 55gp + a pearl .
Its actually less than a normal chainmail with 4ac which costs 100gp.
Even without the (still) not working +2AP its still 2 good 2 be true item ;).

*edit*
forgot to mention that when you sell it back you actually get more gold than you put into it - 75 :p.

Lotyc

Reaction score
i like my idea the most. it would perfectly support the tank, which is a "must have" for every group, anyways

ololo tank is "must have"? bullshit!(if u r talking about squire) we do d2 with thief cleric and mage at 23+ lvl or ranger cleric and mage (in this case we just kite protector)

Lotyc

Reaction score
you said symbol of fury would be good for a tank, but why do you compare my changed symbol of fury to an agility hero then?

1% of the maximum healthpoints as armor and 50% of the armor as damage

for my tank, this means +6 armor and +13 damage (BONUS damage, which applies to the abilities aswell)

this is a thousand times more usefull than worthless 20% attackspeed

DO SOMETHING

13dmg?so u have 26 armor..but 25 is the max armor..

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
13dmg?so u have 26 armor..but 25 is the max armor..

Dont really know specifically for this map,

but World Editor 101, for a more accurate rounding to integer value from real
you need to add 0.5 as the conversion doesn't round, it removes decimals.

So 25.0 * 0.5 + 0.5 = 13.0

camovehia

Reaction score
If all the quests are 19 in the current version (February 4th), I have a problem finding 2 of the quests.

The ones I have found are: 1.Problems in Ankhmaron 2.Maintain Balance 3.Family Bonds 4.A hairy Gourmet 5.No red hoods for children 6.The Big Bad Wolf 7.A dangerous Love? 8.Missing 9.And that one day, in the bandit camp... 10.Into the lion's cave 11.A Hasty Escape (and the following in the bottom half of the map) 12.Catch 'em all 13.Treasures in the Dirt 14.Trouble at the Trade Route 15.More Trouble at the Trade Route 16.Got Style? 17.A dread from the deep

Can any1 help me find the other 2?
Thanks in advance :)

Lotyc

Reaction score
They say new classes has better attribute bonuses than basic chars(for ex crusader gets 1str and 1sp/lvl while squire gets 1 str/lvl) and so the questions are "will the char lose attribute bonuses if he evovles at higher lvl than 25(or whatever lvl will be needed to evovle)? Is it pointless that some ppl already lvl there chars to 38(for ex me)?

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
Date and content of next update?

Okay, first of, about the release date:

I got exams period until the first days of march. Don't expect the release before that.

My Guess early to mid March but no specific date has been said. I believe they stated even earlier that they will not be working on the map at all during Feburary so they can focus more on their studies and stuff so it's at least a month away I'd guess.

camovehia

Reaction score
Guys where can I find the 2 last quests that I ask in my above post? :O

These 17 give 9775 exp in total and from 35 to 38 11,100 exp is required

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.