Gaias Retaliation ORPG Alpha Release

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
I'd like to report that at about 1:30 hours into game in the newest version (February 4th), the game crashes for all players, throwing them out of it.

It happened twice today. Edit: with no bots or 3rd party programs running, and with 2 different game creators (me being the one of them).

I've never seen that happen before and I've been in games lasting 2+ hours

MaTh-

Reaction score
[QUOTE = tw3tye; 1199318]: (i gars ont obtenu tous les caractères max meilleurs équipement mais lorsque je tente de code de charge nulle allwais???
peuvent aider à ani1 i really hate de les rendre à nouveau les idées ANI ce qui Im commencent à penser
im interdits sur la carte:?. (ex-) XdKX charge XusX-XtdX-XtxX-XL2X-XN1X-XRlX-XnsX-XwIX-XKJX-XccX-XhvX-XUmX-D
Evry cachés IVE et prénom. cette charge ainsi? ou ils ont changé [/ QUOTE]

Are you with the same account of last time u saved ?

teh.Fellow

Reaction score
No way to get mad guys :)
We'll get soon a forum for the project.

There will also be a section for guides/droplists which are writen by users.
For bugreports,general discussion and more detailed information about the Project it self.

so long stay tuned

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
No way to get mad guys :)
We'll get soon a forum for the project.

There will also be a section for guides/droplists which are writen by users.
For bugreports,general discussion and more detailed information about the Project it self.

so long stay tuned

awesome!! I can't wait ^_^

Eich

Reaction score
Greetings,

well finally I've found the time to play the new map of Gaias. Here are some points to discuss:

[1] The crafted items are way too good in my opinion. After 1-2 hour of gameplay I've got the Staff and the Robe which where sold in the village. Well and those where just overpowered! It totally took the fun out of killing boars/outdoor bosses. So I think it would be a good idea to set the price of a recipe to 1.000 Gold. Because then you have the choice to farm if you play alone, or just kill bosses in the cave with a party. Either way you will get good items.

[2] There is too much gold in the game. Because there isn't really a good gold sink. So I would suggest you lower the gold revenue for selling items/killing mobs. (why should you get gold if you kill a wolf?)
Also you should add more sinks. The only one right now is effectively the mana and health potions. I would recommend to increase the cost for potions, and add more potions. I'm thinking about a invulnerability potion, and an ankh for faster revival. Of course these should cost 500-1.000 Gold.
Also a scroll of fast feet (run faster) whould be nice. Well you got the idea I think.

[3] Outdoor soloability. Well it's a double-edged sword. Until now it was a really challenging map in every aspect. But now it's kind of too easy. I leveled up till lvl 20 in 3 hours yesterday. Alone. I don't know if this is desirable, I mean it's not totally bad but I really liked the teamplay aspect of the old version. In my opinion it would be reasonable to decrease the xp award for outdoor mobs by 50% or so, this would boost the teamplay aspect again because the caves would be more interesting again (and with that I mean create a game and play together, yesterday nobody would join my game, maybe because all ppl were playing alone, what I did too after nobody came ;)

[4] Droprate of things needed for crafting (whats it called again). You could also revalue the difficulty to get the items needed for creating the crafted items. For example the emerald. I was often dropped by lvl 1 wolfes. 3 Emeralds in 3-4 hrs gameplay is too often in my opinion. Also 2 rubys where dropped in those 4 hrs by the 2 raiders in front of the barn (you should make those too more difficult again or set 3 instead of 2!)

---

Well so far for now, till later ;)

MaTh-

Reaction score
Its not you the map creater , so let the hosts creat the map and go play , stop say to them what they must do. Gaias ORPG is the best ORPG i played in warcraft III , so LET THEM CREAT THE MAP !

meOme

Reaction score
Its not you the map creater , so let the hosts creat the map and go play , stop say to them what they must do. Gaias ORPG is the best ORPG i played in warcraft III , so LET THEM CREAT THE MAP !
No need to attack him, he's just stating his opinion, based on his experiences. There's something called "freedom of speech".

Eich

Reaction score

Christ, you have serious issues...

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Greetings,

well finally I've found the time to play the new map of Gaias. Here are some points to discuss:

[1] The crafted items are way too good in my opinion. After 1-2 hour of gameplay I've got the Staff and the Robe which where sold in the village. Well and those where just overpowered! It totally took the fun out of killing boars/outdoor bosses. So I think it would be a good idea to set the price of a recipe to 1.000 Gold. Because then you have the choice to farm if you play alone, or just kill bosses in the cave with a party. Either way you will get good items.

[2] There is too much gold in the game. Because there isn't really a good gold sink. So I would suggest you lower the gold revenue for selling items/killing mobs. (why should you get gold if you kill a wolf?)
Also you should add more sinks. The only one right now is effectively the mana and health potions. I would recommend to increase the cost for potions, and add more potions. I'm thinking about a invulnerability potion, and an ankh for faster revival. Of course these should cost 500-1.000 Gold.
Also a scroll of fast feet (run faster) whould be nice. Well you got the idea I think.

[3] Outdoor soloability. Well it's a double-edged sword. Until now it was a really challenging map in every aspect. But now it's kind of too easy. I leveled up till lvl 20 in 3 hours yesterday. Alone. I don't know if this is desirable, I mean it's not totally bad but I really liked the teamplay aspect of the old version. In my opinion it would be reasonable to decrease the xp award for outdoor mobs by 50% or so, this would boost the teamplay aspect again because the caves would be more interesting again (and with that I mean create a game and play together, yesterday nobody would join my game, maybe because all ppl were playing alone, what I did too after nobody came ;)

[4] Droprate of things needed for crafting (whats it called again). You could also revalue the difficulty to get the items needed for creating the crafted items. For example the emerald. I was often dropped by lvl 1 wolfes. 3 Emeralds in 3-4 hrs gameplay is too often in my opinion. Also 2 rubys where dropped in those 4 hrs by the 2 raiders in front of the barn (you should make those too more difficult again or set 3 instead of 2!)

---

Well so far for now, till later ;)
Then again, all your points are based on HOURS of playing. It was NEVER intended that you guys farm for HOURS to get millions of gold ... >_<

The actual content was made for doing everything once and maybe run a dungeon twice. When you have done that, you have like 1000-2000 gold in the end.
The actual content was never meant for farming in such an enormous scale.

Eich

Reaction score
Then again, all your points are based on HOURS of playing. It was NEVER intended that you guys farm for HOURS to get millions of gold ... >_<

The actual content was made for doing everything once and maybe run a dungeon twice. When you have done that, you have like 1000-2000 gold in the end.
The actual content was never meant for farming in such an enormous scale.

Well Zwiebelchen then you did something really really wrong. Your map is so extremly marvelous that people can't stop playing it. So if you wanted people to only play some hours and then stop playing, you should have made the map really bad so that people actually dont want to play any longer ;)

Didn't you even consider to include some content which needs farming at an enormous scale? Well, I mean in the end such things are the formula for success in all good games like Diablo or WoW.

If you havn't done till now you should really give it a thought ;) It would definitly make the game for motivating in the long run, and I think you guys have made this map because you want people to play it. And why don`t give people a reason to play the map even longer...

If I would be in charge, I would add another inventory, so to say your girdle where you can carry around potions and stuff. The normal items are stored in your "Equipped" inventory. So you have 6 slots free for various kinds of potions. This would give you the chance to include monsters which are really quite unbeatable without permanent use of many potions or scrolls. And you would remove gold from the which would mean you have to do some farming to earn money before you can face the real badass bosses...

S0ulseeker

Reaction score
Well Zwiebelchen then you did something really really wrong. Your map is so extremly marvelous that people can't stop playing it. So if you wanted people to only play some hours and then stop playing, you should have made the map really bad so that people actually dont want to play any longer ;)

Didn't you even consider to include some content which needs farming at an enormous scale? Well, I mean in the end such things are the formula for success in all good games like Diablo or WoW.

If you havn't done till now you should really give it a thought ;) It would definitly make the game for motivating in the long run, and I think you guys have made this map because you want people to play it. And why don`t give people a reason to play the map even longer...

If I would be in charge, I would add another inventory, so to say your girdle where you can carry around potions and stuff. The normal items are stored in your "Equipped" inventory. So you have 6 slots free for various kinds of potions. This would give you the chance to include monsters which are really quite unbeatable without permanent use of many potions or scrolls. And you would remove gold from the which would mean you have to do some farming to earn money before you can face the real badass bosses...

I think you have some good ideas in there, however if they were to include another bag simply just for potions and stuff I believe it would require another code wipe unless everything in that bag doesn't save, which would make sense since potions don't save so nothing would really be lost. It would make gold more useful and save up spaces. I don't know about invul potions, but I think speed potions was a great idea to help move around faster or something. some element of grinding would be nice though, it increases replay value and gives a little mix to the just running dungeons.

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
About the money sink issue: Yes, I agree that there is no real money sink in the game yet, but you have to consider that the content right now is very limited ... before reaching level 50, it was never intended that players grind and farm so much, so I never saw a reason for a money sink, as the next available abilities will always "kill" all your gold farmed until then.

I do not really see how I could fix that. I mean: farming is farming because you get more gold. Implementing a money sink that would negate the gold income of farming wouldn't make sense if you ask me.

The only real way to keep gold valuable is to release new content, new buyable equipment and spells, etc.
And we will never be able to release content as fast as those hardcore people farm gold in GR ...

whatever, I think there's no real reason to change something about it yet - theres way to few content until now so that gold could ever be useful.

I will, however, change the way potions work in the future. Right now, potions (especially mana potions, as mana management and wisdom have almost no importance in lategame) are way to powerful. I will decrease the amount of mana and health replenished and increase the cooldown in the future versions to like at least 60 seconds for health and 120 seconds for mana potions.

I have to say: having static abilities that scale with stats was a bad idea. It would have been way better for balancing to have abilities with levels instead that need to be rebought every x levels. I learned from it. I will not change it in GR anymore, but maybe in future projects like the SC2 version of GR.

Eich

Reaction score
Sc2 version sounds AWESOME! ^^
I think you understood me wrong. I do not think that having too much gold is an issue. The "issue" is that I have so many gold and can't buy anything with it ^^ I don't wanted to say that you have to implement a gold sink, just that the average player has tons of gold for which he has no real purpose spending. So I thought it would be nice if you could buy more things. Of course the game is not finished yet. Thats the reason why I even bother to write my tips, there is still a chance that you could really consider my advices ;)

And I'm not really talking about farming here. I was talking about making cave runs to find items, but along with killing bosses for items comes a real fast gold flow...

TheHelperSux

Reaction score
i think the ability/stats scaling thing is a lot of fun to play with, and if you dont intend to balance your game for pvp, real balance isnt required to make a good ORPG

n]a[s

Reaction score
so wait.. are you saying that the codes from the previous versions no longer work? since it's past the 31st?..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.