ground sizes of buildings

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
owk im gonna try to create a rmk of a classic rts game but the buildings of warcraft are way to big... now u can downsize the art by using scale size but the ground size of the building doesnt shrink. (i dont mean the ground model but the huge space that u get between the edge of the building and where u can really walk.)

so my question is can i customize that size. cause im gonna need some strange sizes. like 2x4 and 3x 4 and 2x3 that no warcraft building has if i come to think of it.

to make a long story short how can i make custom build areas for custom building in size x (spaces) * y (spaces)

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
well owk but another question lets say 2 pathing maps overlay with each other lets say a unwalkable and a walkable... is there any way of telling which one of them wil take effect or will this just wont work ... let me give an example

uuu R=road
uRu U=pathing unwalkable
uuu

WWWW W=walkable but unbuildable
WH HW H = house or structure
WH HW
WWWW

what will happen in these situations

????
?RR?
????

????
?HH?
?HH?
?RR?
????

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really understand the examples, but you can make every possible combination of Walk/Build/Fly with those pathing map colours... So why would you want to overlay them?

n4bieclimber

Reaction score
well like is said i wanna make a classic rts in which u have to plan your village and build roads to the houses ur servants have to go to. so they have to be unable to walk off the roads but because u build the roads 1 by 1 u get overlap. so i want to know if the last buildable overwrites the pathing or just adds another block in...

and if u know another solution ur welcome to share

ps. the builders wont be affected ill give them a buf or something that makes them flyers so they can walk over unwalkable areas

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.