help with a trigger to kill a unit that builds a building

gaskell

Reaction score
Ok this sounds simple but omg its the last thing I need to fix before my map is finished.
I need to make a trigger that kills the unit doing the building, not the structure.
Everything I have tried, either it doesn't work at all or it destroys the building instead of the builder.
Heres an example of what I need:
Trigger:
  • building creation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

This trigger (shown) removes the structure as it counts that as the unit finishing construction
This is a key trigger to my map and without it, my map loses a mass amount of playability.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, and also thanks to anyone looking at this in case they can help.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you cannot get the builder of a building, thats not possible.
but you can do:

1). make the builders race nightelven and add the "ancient" tag to the building?

2). make the buildin be constructed via the item ability "tiny farm/barrack/whatever" and remove the caster of an ability Equal to that one.

gaskell

Reaction score
i think i get you...
so all the map units are the same, i.e. everyone makes the same type of unit which can build buildings.
So alter the unit type and building type.
Then I change the building to an ability instead of construction then cast the building kinda and set triggers to:
event - unit casts spell (uses ability or whateva the trigger says)
condition - ability = the one you talkin about
action - remove triggering unit
that should work i guess just not sure on the item ability bit

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there is an item in the game with which you can construct a building, the arcane vault (human) sells tiny watchtowers, the voodoo lounch (orc) sells a tiny great hall.
this ability is like building a structure but without any costs.

when this ability is casted (that means the structure is build) remove the triggering unit (caster).

if you need the structure to cost resources i would better advice you to change the race of the builder to nightelf and the building to be an ancient.
(you know, wisps building that tree buildings, being removed after completion, etc)

gaskell

Reaction score
ahhh yes i get you now.
the buildings are free to build - the cost is the unit. so i can give the unit the ability like changing hero starting abilities and the units can "cast" the builldings.
so I will need to set up 2 "spells", 1 for each type of building?

EDIT:
Your rock dude!
works perfectly, thankyou so much!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.