Help with a trigger

sensesxfailx

Reaction score
I need help with this trigger. I want to make a trigger that when your hero is a certain level is spawns different creeps. So when its level 1 it would spawn easy creeps and the higher level you go the harder the creeps would become. Is there a trigger that could do this.

Just put some if then else statements into your spawn trigger.

You'll need to store the hero into a unit variable though, so here's what you do.

Create a unit variable. When the hero creates his hero, set the unit variable to that hero.

In your spawn trigger, under actions, put an if then else statement. Put all of your low-level monsters into the then actions of that statement. Make the condition if level of hero (unit variable) is less than or equal to x.

Under the else, put another if then else and put your next level spawns and say if level of hero is less than or equal to new x

Just keep going until you have all the diff spawns you want ^_-

Well create a unit type variable and make your spawning trigger to spawn that variable. Then when the hero reaches this level, change the variable and your spawning trigger will spawn the new unit type. No need for any if/then/else's.

Ok but im not too good with variables so can you tell me exactly how to do the variable part like if its an array and how to set the varible and other things i would need for it it would help alot.

Var type should be "Unit-Type" - so you put in it your initial unit type and name it for ex. "Spawns" and make the spawning trigger like:
Code:
Unit - Create ## Spawns for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Then when the hero reaches that level use a trigger to alter the variable and assign it a new unit type, then the spawning trigger will auto spawn the new type.

Oh man...
Anyway:
Variable type "Unit-type" - create one, call it whatever you want
Make the spawn trigger spawn that type, like when modifying the spawn action in the second field where you specify the type of unit to be spawned put this variable.
Then when the hero reaches your target level, modify this type via another trigger. Thats all you need to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.