Hiding the Health Bar

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Which is why I suggested what I did. You can do that any unit you want to hide the health bar of.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
easy.. just go to gameplay constant search for the health bar image then change it's image to ".blp" -w/out the quotes..

You sure about this?
I set the following to " ", with no real results besides making it look wierd (it didn't turn red, and had no shading):
Image - Console - Simple Hit Point Bar
Image - Console - Simple Hit Point Bar (Small)
Model - Console - Hit Point Bar
Model - Console - Hit Point Bar (Small)

Am I missing something?

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
...why are you doing it that way, when you said you only wanted it to hide the bar from one unit-type.

Sevion said:
Change the selection size (Or something like that) to -1

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
...why are you doing it that way, when you said you only wanted it to hide the bar from one unit-type.

I didn't say I wanted only for one unit type. Quite the opposite, in fact*.
Reducing the selection scale to a negative value will also remove the selection circle, and the units that I want to have a hidden health bar are large in number and createable, so I want the owner of the unit to know which part of the army he is selecting. However, if all else fails, I will do that.

*I would prefer a universal modification to my map's units that causes all units to not have a health bar (80%, actually, but I'll go for all if it's easier that way), so in case I use the selection scale method, is there a way to make 100% of the units have a negative selection scale?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You could always create a custom selection shower thingy. Like create a dummy with that model at the position of every selected unit >_> Though, I don't know how it'd turn out.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
But wouldn't that be too many dummies? epic sized map. Maybe I don't get what you're saying. Or are you talking about an SFX origin attachment?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
But wouldn't that be too many dummies? epic sized map. Maybe I don't get what you're saying. Or are you talking about an SFX origin attachment?

Well, I was saying you could create a dummy with that model and just track where each unit that's selected is and create a dummy at that location, Attach the dummy to the unit. Then have a trigger that fires when the unit dies or gets deselected and make it remove the dummy unit attached to that unit.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Could you please elaborate on the topic of attaching a dummy to a unit? I don't quite understand.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Although that explanation should be adequate for your average world editor user, I'm still unable to comprehend the method for attaching dummy units.

I don't understand your terminology; PUI is not in my lexicon.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
PUI is a jass system made by cohador

attachment systems require jass (unless you just want to custom script certain lines)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
OK! i got exactly what you need, easy and without many triggers/object editor datas.
First of all, set the selection size OF ALL units you want to have no selection circle to -5 (not -1 because that wont be enough sometimes)
now create a custom spell based of sphere and change the target animation to the following path: UI\Feedback\SelectionCircle\SelectionCircle.mdl
change the attachment point of your custom ability to origin.

Now each time a player selects a unit add that ability to the selected unit. (condition: the unit is owned by the triggering player of course!)
Each time a player unselects a unit remove that selection circle again. (kinda easy not?)
Sorry i cant copy the triggers as text right now... but you can find them on the test map

I attach a test map for you, just do it as i did and it will work almost perfect.

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
Tyvm!

Few questions.
1. Will the circles be visible for all players?
I assume so. Not much of a problem, I don't mind.

2. Is there an action of setting the selection size to -5? It'd just make life easy to have this universally applied.

3. What do you mean by "kinda" perfect? Anything I need to know?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Tyvm!

Few questions.
1. Will the circles be visible for all players?
I assume so. Not much of a problem, I don't mind.

2. Is there an action of setting the selection size to -5? It'd just make life easy to have this universally applied.

3. What do you mean by "kinda" perfect? Anything I need to know?

->Yes i guess the circles are visible for all players, thats unavoidable.

->you mean a way to set it to -5 for all units? or what are you asking for?

->Well its not perfect because the size of the circles will change with the scaling of your model. If you use a footmen and a knight both will have the same circle if both have a scale of 1.00

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
->Yes i guess the circles are visible for all players, thats unavoidable

Incorrect. You could create it for local players. Though, I've heard some local things cause server splits.

No.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.