Hiding the Health Bar

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
My #1 favorite zombie map, Night of the Dead, does this. Their units don't have their health bars shown when they burst out of the trees.

The marines, however, do, I believe.

Options:
Black mask cinematic filter at 99% transparency
Problem: If "show health bars always" is checked, phantom health bars zip around the screen.

Change the selection size to -1
Problem: No selection circle, and I kinda need that. Troublesome getting it back, yet apparently manageable. Must investigate further.

Give the unit Locust
Problem: They aren't selectable, and still have a health bar.

Remove the model for the health bar in the Game Interface
Problem: I can't find the right field. So far it turns the bar green no matter how hurt you are, and that's it.

So, I'd love suggestions.

Not exactly, for that also makes it unselectable, invulnurable, and turns off collision. I would like to apply this to normal units.

I brought this up with my friends a few days ago, and one of them said that you can do it with a cinematic or a filter or something. My memory is lacking.

Locust has a chance to work though.

Unit - Add Locust
Unit - Hide
Unit - Remove Locust
Unit - Unhide

Unverified with the latest patch, but, on previous instances, that presumably worked.

a filter i think.

the white one. just set it to 1%,1%,1%

one thing i know about filters is that you cannot see health bars, names and other things

Custom script: call UnitAddAbility(<unit>, 'Aloc')
Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(<unit>, 'Aloc')

Assuming filters worked, they would do so for everything you see...

Yes, as in:
Custom script: call UnitRemoveAbility(GetEnumUnit(), 'Aloc')

Ty.
Worked too well, but not for my purposes. All units are unselectable, and have health bars. :p

I did a pick every unit thing, by the way.

I did, and that worked. Only it's a black mask, not a white one. + rep anyways. I guess my players will have to learn to deal with not having health bars for their heroes. But...

Ugh, curses. It worked at first, but I had the units on locust while the filter was on, so I didn't see it, but the health bars still appear. They just look out of place, like ~100 units randomly to the left of any unit that I mouse over.

I'm gonna go to sleep now, cause even tho tomorrow's saturday, I still have to get up early :mad:
Well, that's life eh <3

EDIT: zomg oops double post o_O
Blessing in disguise?
Read my above post, because I edited it.

you only want to hide the hitpoint bar? its VERY easy... change the selection size of your unit to -5 and the health bar will be completly invisible. The selection circle will also be completly invisible but i dont think thats such a bad.

easy.. just go to gameplay constant search for the health bar image then change it's image to ".blp" -w/out the quotes..

easy.. just go to gameplay constant search for the health bar image then change it's image to ".blp" -w/out the quotes..

Does this really work? If it does, it would be awesome !

But... that works for all units, not just some.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.