General Historians discover tiny numbers and letters in the eyes of the Mona Lisa

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Intrigue is usually focused on her enigmatic smile.

But the Mona Lisa was at the centre of a new mystery yesterday after art detectives took a fresh look at the masterpiece – and noticed something in her eyes.

Hidden in the dark paint of her pupils are tiny letters and numbers, placed there by the artist Leonardo da Vinci and revealed only now thanks to high-_magnification techniques.

Experts say the barely distinguishable letters and numbers represent something of a real-life Da Vinci code.

Last edited:

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
maybe they are cracks that Da Vanci intentionally wanted to happen ^.^. But thats about as believable as the story

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
This is stupid.

First, it says "revealed only now thanks to high-magnification techniques." So then how did Da Vinci do it? If he couldn't see what he was painting?
Second, it's not high-magnification techniques if "with a magnifying glass they can be clearly be seen". And I would've thought they'd run a magnifying glass over it at least once at least, considering the amounts of theories and stuff about the Mona Lisa.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
And then it turns out that da Vinci was just trolling people 500 years in the future.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
or rather that he is an alien of a supreme race that is extremely intelligent but rather he was the dumb one on the planet so he came to earth to be considered smart.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG!! I just finished the Da Vinci Code book!

I wonder what a professional news responder would say to this article. >_>

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
This is stupid.

First, it says "revealed only now thanks to high-magnification techniques." So then how did Da Vinci do it? If he couldn't see what he was painting?
Second, it's not high-magnification techniques if "with a magnifying glass they can be clearly be seen". And I would've thought they'd run a magnifying glass over it at least once at least, considering the amounts of theories and stuff about the Mona Lisa.
In non-journalism speak we're probably talking about "looking behind the paint" techniques rather than just magnification.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Oh, can you guys not see it?
I LOL'd. :D

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.