How do I change the Wisp model on the Entangled Mine when gathering?

Rarktor

Reaction score
It is a neat effect but my customized Entangled Gold Mine isn't gathered from by Wisps, so i need to switch them out as i did to the Wisp itself.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think those wisps are part of the actual model, so it would not be easy to just replace them.

Rarktor

Reaction score
I edited the Entangled Gold Mine's model by re-skinning it already but didn't see it in the mdl file.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Those wisps are not the actual models, but separate.

SharedModels\EntangleWisp.mdl

Rarktor

Reaction score
Ok, now I have the model I want to replace SharedModels\EntangleWisp.mdl with, but how do I replace it without overwriting the Night Elves' wisp? I can't find the option to change the model in any of the abilities associated with gathering gold from my custom mine.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, you could edit the map's MPQ maybe...

Or, you can trigger it. You detect how many treants are in the mine, and you attach your model to the mine.
The mine obviously has 5 attach points for those wisps, but I don't know the string... You could try it with sprite,first and things like that I guess.
However I think there are model editors or viewers that tell you what are the points.

Rarktor

Reaction score
They really don't want you screwing with Night Elf gold gathering do they? I guess I'll be triggering it then. Thanks!

SwedishChef

Reaction score
I dont know if this is of any use but i have fixed a entangledgoldmine model were there isnt any wisps showing when gathering gold.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.