How to make a Tavern sell only 1 hero to a player?

brc

Reaction score
So how do I make it so that after my taverns sells a hero, that player cant buy anymore heroes from that tavern? Like in dota, After a player buy a hero, all the heroes in the tavern disappear for that player so that he cant buy anymore.

Thanks

Mittsies

Reaction score
neutral building-remove unit-type from sale
This will make it so NOBODY can buy the unit, which is good for if you want a hero removed after a certain player picks it; but not for removing each player's ability to create more than one hero.

Here is an alternative:

Code:
Player - Make [U]UNIT NAME[/U] Available for training/construction by [U]PLAYER[/U]

Although, this is training/construction, not purchasing (so if you purchase heroes this will not work). Another thing you could try is:

Code:
Player - Limit training of Heroes to [U]1[/U] for [U]PLAYER[/U]

S

Saphire

you can probably just say that a hero cost five food, and the players just have five food and then use this trigger :)
Trigger:
  • Remove
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 35.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Neutral Building - Remove Paladin from all marketplaces
      • Neutral Building - Remove Archmage from all marketplaces
      • Neutral Building - Remove Mountain King from all marketplaces
      • Neutral Building - Remove Blood Mage from all marketplaces

so when 35 seconds have gone, the heroes disappears :)
you can ofc add a unit group the players (only active) are added too when selecting a hero, and when all active players have selected, remove them from neutral building :)

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
As it is apparent, there are many ways to do this. What I usually do is set some gold/lumber/food cost that only allows for one hero to be purchased, and then I remove the wisp/hidden unit that is selecting from the taverns.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.