Is There A Complete JASS Function List?

P

phragX

So I've decided to push away the comfort zone of GUI to get to the real power of map triggering: JASS. Seems fairly straightforward so far, but I'm wondering if there is a web page with listings for all the known built-in functions (strings like DestroyEffect(), AttachObject(), etc).

In particular, at the moment, I'm wondering how you can call a unit's base damage so when an ability (AbilX) is used, it does 3 x (casting unit's attack damage), then checks to see if the target was killed by the damage or not.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Get JASSCraft. It has all of them.

P

phragX

I read that its faulty. Not sure how any other editor compares, but I had the impression there's better than JassCraft?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I read that its faulty.

Faulty? No. It does not have the new functions added by the New Gen pack, but it does have every function in the original JASS language.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
You can also check out the blizzard.j and common.j files by extracting the stuff in the MPQ's I believe. If you DL JASS craft you have access to vexorian's CSCache system which is very helpful.

P

phragX

Done and done. Thanks guys!

Okay, so I see JASSCraft is extremely useful indeed, but I'm still not sure how to find base damage. None of the functions seem obviously designed for it. Is it even possible to return a unit's base damage without forcing it to attack another unit first? I know you could create a function that returns how much damage was taken by a unit, then multiply it, but I dont think its very logical to do, because I think it would require too many loopholes to properly execute.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> I'm still not sure how to find base damage.

You can't.

> Is it even possible to return a unit's base damage without forcing it to attack another unit first?

No.

P

phragX

Hmmm, alright. I'll find a work-around then. Thanks Ghan, you're always on top of things around here.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
IMO... It would be best to link to the function API area instead because all functions aren't in just the common.j:
http://jass.sourceforge.net/doc/api/functions.shtml

Also, Daelin made an outstanding system to find the min/max damage. I'll look for it. To find the base damage, I think you should register "A unit is damaged" then use "Get Event Damage". It works before the unit is attacked . ;)

Also, JASSCraft does highlight almost all functions, but it syntaxes common.ai functions. And it does not highlight codes but it parses them correctly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.