Other Is this possible?

Exorz

Reaction score
Hello i dont know if this is the right place to write this on but i want to ask something and i guees only 1% of all warcraft players know the answear to 100% my question is.

-Is it possible that i create a map on warcraft mapeditor and when im done i put the game in a file so i can play the map i made by just clicking on the file hmm. i will try to explain better

-I make a wc3 map and its done we say that i made Dota for exampel

-Then i put the dota game in a file and put a link to download the file

-Some one download the file and click on it and he can play the game without login at wc3 and create game and bla bla

I dont know how to explain better but you mabey understand xD

mapguy

Reaction score
my guess is:

NOT POSSIBLE.

You need info to run a program. If you don't have WC3 info you cannot play it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i think it is possible but neither for you nor for me or the majority of people around.

dodongo

Reaction score
i bet its possible if you write a program to open it in wc3 automatically but you would need to know a bunch of coding things

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You're asking if it's possible to make a program that does what warcraft 3 does, excluding asking for CD-Key? Just spend a few bucks on a new WC3 Battle chest (for both RoC and TFT:Expansion) and play the game. Simply sounds like you're lazy.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It's definitely possible.

There are three options:

1. Be cool and code your own WC3.
2. Be even cooler and double click the icon that says "Warcraft III.exe".
3. Be beast and buy a new copy of Warcraft III.

Edit: Why is this here anyways...

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think everyone's misunderstanding what he wants. I think he just wants a file that auto starts the map. Executing the file would have the same effect as pressing test map in the editor. That would be possible(I guess)

If you however want the file to start WC3 and play the game on a computer that doesn't have WC3, it should be possible if the file contained everything from WC3 which would be messy and big.

Exorz

Reaction score
I dont want the file to be wc3 if you press the file you wont come to wc3 you will come to another window and there it stand like "games" "forum" "support" and stuff. And then you click games and there you can join diffrent maps and then you click on a game you want to play and wait for other people to join

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, if you spend a lot of your time for the next year learning how to code, then spending even more time coding, creating the images ect. for the start page you want to open and then put it all together, then yeah. Its possible. However, you would have to use at least part of the WC3 engine to run the map, as that is what the map was made for, and you might have a few problems with Blizzard if they found out.

Exorz

Reaction score
I will not learn how to code becouse its not so many tuts and im not good at that kind of stuff my brain cant handel it xD I really need a big noob guide how to code

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just make sure your using a C or C++ cde tutorial, JASS is only for WC3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.