Item Variable Leaks?

Slayerxx

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok so i have an Item Recipe but i have done it differently because of how it is made. So i have a Woman Buy certain items and then in a spellbook i have dummy spells for each recipe. (as i want the whole thing to be an Skill use thing) then i have triggers that control each thing. and in that i have Item Variables set to it the corresponding Item, in the Womans inventory. This is the Trigger here:

Trigger:
  • Woman Goes to make a Sandwich
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Suport Woman
    • Actions
      • Set Woman = (Casting unit)
      • Set Bread = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Bread)
      • Set Cheese = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Cheese)
      • Set Ham = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Ham)
      • Set Lettuce = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Lettuce)
      • Set Tomato = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Tomato)
      • Set Ice_Extracts = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Ice Extracts)
      • Set Fire_Extracts = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Fire Extracts)
      • Set Shadow_Extracts = (Item carried by (Casting unit) of type Shadow Extreacts)
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Tasty Snadwich (Spellbook)) then do (Trigger - Run Tasty Sandwich <gen> (checking conditions)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Frozen Sandwich (Spellbook)) then do (Trigger - Run Frozen Sandwich <gen> (checking conditions)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Flaming Sandwich (Spellbook)) then do (Trigger - Run Flaming Sandwich <gen> (checking conditions)) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Sandwich (Spellbook)) then do (Trigger - Run Shadow Sandwich <gen> (checking conditions)) else do (Do nothing)

So i was wondering becouse the items are later removed the procces is repeated. are the Item Variables going to leak? and if so what is the Custom Script call Destroy Function .

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
that depends, items do leak if they are not destroyed, but killed or used...
every time a tome is picked up it remains in the virtual memory unless you destroy it
not sure about replaced items and all that though if you actually remove an item from a units inventory

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
This has nothing about the thread GFreak45...

Slayerxx just asked if item variable leak, like locations and groups, but Ayanami already answer the question.

And no, if you remove the item, then it don't leak anymore, this is how PowerUpSentinel (or whatever named system made by Vexorian) do.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
if you save a variable to an item that is later destroyed it isnt considered a leak? eventho that information remains in the virtual memory?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No its not because the information is not stored if you save any other item into the same variable later on.
The existance of the variable itself takes the space in your memory, having something written inside of it or not doesnt change it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.