Jindo's Labyrinth Map

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
I downloaded Jindo's Labyrinth map, but every time I click on it in single player WaCraft crashes. I can click on it in a Local Network game, but WarCraft crashes when I try to host it. What's going on?

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
yes it happens with me too, so now i know it's not my computer. Something with his triggers is screwed up I think.

Whats up with it Jindo?

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
I don't think triggers could cause this because it happens before I get into the map. Only when I try to host it. I think it's probably some sort of after-the-fact sort of thing like a map protector or something.

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
Seeing as Warcraft loads all the triggers at game start the it could be the triggers and probably is.

Only other option is Map Optimizer errors really.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
But I've never gotten to game start. Clicking the map name in single player or entering the lobby on LAN causes the game to crash.

And does this happen to everyone? On the World Editor tutorial site it says it has 65 downloads, but apparently it no one has reported this before as it hasn't been fixed or removed from the site. Maybe some others should test it.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It's most likely an error in one of his scripts. If he doesn't notice this, I'll notify him of it on MSN to get him to fix it right away.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
hmm.. i only just noticed this thread.

Never had the problem myself, i protected it only by putting a text file in it. I'll try and fix it.

EDIT: found nothing in import manager, something is wrong 'cos i can open it with out a protection message.. :confused:

EDIT2: not good news, going to recreate the map, already got the terrain sorted out with W3M Map Utilities but the units and regions i will now have to repeat. It should work this time.

~Jindo

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
This happens to me when the MINIMAP is bogus.

If I go to host and JUST CLICK the name of the map, it crashes.

If I go single player, it crashes.

So perhaps your map has the same problem?

Bogus Icons crash maps too, but only when it tries to show them.

GUYS: TEST YOUR MAPS BEFORE UPLOADING!

Map protectors CAN corrupt. Save yourself the embarrassment. :D

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
never known this problem, ill delete the map and re-submit it when i finish.

I have done part 1 btw, 4 more to do.

~Jindo

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.