Join the map that will (hopefully) revolutionize b.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

monkeywithag

Hey!

Hey! As soon as i get warcraft re-installed i will make a start on the map.

S

skinny77

Okay guys, thanks a lot all of you.

Uh, I think that table I'm making may contain too many buildings. I gave each race 22 buildings (most of them upgrades, like Main Building to Upgraded Main Building) and there are 11 races. Is this going to cause a problem? Is 242 a bit too many buildings for a map to be hosted on Battle.net? I don't know, I have never hosted a map in my life. Would the file size be too big? Please, someone experienced answer my calls!

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

- Skinny77

(On a completely unrelated note, I would just like to say: WOOHOO! I FINALLY REACHED TEN REPUTATION!)

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
that is not to many, in my aos right now i have something like 300 custom abilities, 100+units, and like 20 buildings, 200 buildings isnt going to a big deal file size wise, but may add to he learning curve a bit, but who the hell cares

R

Razthemapper

Bartuc08 said:
i have a feeling its srota like a mpa i was thinking of doing where u can get like 5000 units

anyway, make it sorta like this

u build a house, every 3 minutes a unit is made from the house, (villager)

u take your villager and bring him to an academy, where he becomes a militia, thne u take him to a barracks where he can become a footman or spear man, or to the archery range where he can become an archer

or u caould bring that villager to a workshop where he can become a miner or a lumber jack

then if u made a footman from the unit u can bring him to the stables to get a horse and then become a knight

the gold mine can hold 200 miners, who will harvest 1 gold every 3 seconds

to be continued, i gotta go end of class time

Off-topic : Is that from a game called Battle Realms or something like that? It's an pretty old game i loved that had that system. I can't really remember what it was called but it was cool , if you do not have the idea from there , then , it's a great idea! One thing , there you would make the villagers manually , anyway , great map idea Skinny!

S

skinny77

Well, thanks I guess. However, in case any one else wants to compliment the map, don't say "Skinny," say team, or something like that. My original idea has evolved so much thanks to the team integrating their ideas into this one system we've got now. But thanks anyway. It's always nice to get a confidence booster like that.

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
if you could id like to see what you have so far, updated as often as possible, if you dont mind :)

$

$c0rp10n

yea me 2
pm me

it sounds AWESOME if all the editors came up with one kick ass map
that would rox b.net's sox :D :D

M

monkeywithag

The map

Since im at home, i will start the map right now. Has anyone got any ideas for features of the map?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Razthemapper said:
Off-topic : Is that from a game called Battle Realms or something like that? It's an pretty old game i loved that had that system. I can't really remember what it was called but it was cool , if you do not have the idea from there , then , it's a great idea! One thing , there you would make the villagers manually , anyway , great map idea Skinny!

never heard of battle realm, i was thinking of a game sorta like empires where u get a bunch of units, but a twist to it so that instewad of going to a barracks and making units from no where u bring soone to a barracks and make a unit. thought it would be interesting, im glad somone is ( i tink) cconsidering using my idea
'

$c0rp10n said:
yea me 2
pm me

it sounds AWESOME if all the editors came up with one kick ass map
that would rox b.net's sox :D :D
its called the helper.net project lol, its currently being worked on, (im not referring to this map)

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Races
Imperial Humans - High damage, low HP, high armour, medium mana
Nomadic Humans - Medium damage, high HP, low armour, medium mana
Elves - Medium damage, medium HP, medium armour, very high mana
Dwarves - High damage, medium HP, very high armour, low mana
Giants - High damage, very high HP, low armour, very low mana
Trolls - High damage, medium HP, medium armour, medium mana
Demons - Very high damage, low HP, low armour, very high mana
Undead - Medium damage, high HP, high armour, medium mana
Beastmen - High damage, high HP, low armour, very low mana
Netherrealm Inhabitants - Very low damage, low HP, very low armour, very high mana (NB - These guys can be produced in massive numbers)
Dark Elves - High Damage, low HP, high armour, high mana

hmm, im i never looked at the races b4, but,, when i did i thought why not make a few more different ways to getting units, besides through a mian building, like demons are sumond, humans produce units from buildings, undead get units from grave yards and summoners, and stuff like htat i dunno,

i think demons should be like, summoned, very strong in everything but, u have to use a combination of items, (somewhat expensive items) that u have to buy, or find, in order to summon them

and maybe an economical race (if we attempt more then 2 players)
sorta like dwarves, or dark elves (if your refering to drow) that trade items and weapons with other teams,

but with alot of races ull have to remember that things can get out of hand at times,

would nomadic humans be like bandits, or caveman type?

if theyre caveman then you culd possibly make a bandit group, but get a few other things done first before starting on to much technical stuff

S

skinny77

The Nomadic Humans are bandit type units. Steve, I told you. Go on Battle.net and find "Castle Builder." That will give you an idea of the kind of terrain we want. And why aren't you at school? You got the plague like the rest of your family, lol? I have attatched the table so far. If any one has any suggestions, please post them. Thanks guys.

- Skinny77

Attachments

• Days oF war.pdf
    141.3 KB · Views: 213
M

monkeywithag

Kk

Yes..........the plague :nuts: Ok castle builder it is then (if i can find/get on it).

Bartuc08

Reaction score
i dont think the church should produce mages, mainly cuzz they go against eachother, (in my head at least), cuz god way is that only he creates i think, and mages well hell they create demons, elementals, they create weapons out of thin air to ( mages are only ruled by the lust for power)

emjlr3

Reaction score
sry skinny havent had any time this week for anything really but I do jsut about ahve the dark elf done, still a little stuck on an ulti. though

next week ill have a lot more time to do stuff, so I should get more done

S

skinny77

Okay, thanks a lot emjlr3. (Man, your name is annoying to type, lol!)
Don't worry about time, we're in no rush. Work at your own pace guys. I've been experimenting with various triggers that could be useful in the map.

BTW You should all check out the Fun Stuff page, go on Online Games, and find the not pr0n thread. It is such an addictive game.

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
im stuck on utli as in i duno what to make it :p, any ideas?

S

skinny77

What do you have as other abilities? Then I will now what you have so far.

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
the aura is just ttreushot, the hero nuking is based off stormbolt, 2 sec casting time, then fires an arrow dealing x damage + x% damage of distance between caster and target, lastly a passive ability which gives a % chace to shoot x extra arrows per attack ( for the dark elf)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.