Join the map that will (hopefully) revolutionize b.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skinny77

Perhaps something like the Wardens Ultimate? Or maybe it could do something like summon a big dark portal (Like Black Hole off DotA). Nice other abilities though.

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
wardens ulti it is ,i was actually thinking about using that, cant really think of any way to make it different then jsu the way it is, so maybe taht will jsut be it

the only other idea i had was shooting an air up into the air ever 1 second which sprays down as like 5 arrows hitting rsndom enemies in the target area, and having it do tha for like 5 seconds or something, or amhbe give a meta. abiltiy which turns into like a wofl or something

S

skinny77

I like the first one. It sounds cool. Would you be able to make an ability like that though?

Keep up the good work everyone (Man, I'm itching to get started on the map myself, lol)

- Skinny77

S

skinny77

Sure. What would you be able to help with? We could do with more ideas, for everything, pretty much. Or possibly, if you're good with custom units, share the hero load with emjlr3? Or maybe help me with triggers?

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
the first one as in shooting an arrow into the sky every x seconds, then having it spray down as x amount hitting x random units in the area for x seconds?

yes I can do that it would be easy, I kinda liked the meta. idea myself, if you have ever watched the WOW intro, the elf is running through the forrest then turns in a wolf and keeps running, I always thought that was soooo bad ass, but if you like the arrow shower thing I can do that as well, or the Warden Ulti., it is your map after all

btw starting on monday i should be able to do atleast 1 hero a day so I can get a lot more of them done ;)

S

skinny77

Alright, nice work Helpful Hulk. Now, when you put it that way...yes, the metamorphisis idea does sound better. I can just imagine it...ahhh...the joys of World of Warcraft are a dream to us poor people...

What do you think she should turn into? Something fast, I think, but strong in its own way. Wolf would probably be best.

Remember, don't rush yourself. Work for quality, not quantity.

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
quality is not a problem, other then the fact taht I am sorta at a loss for ideas, I was happy with the ones I made for this hero heh, so if you think of anything at all just out of the blue or whatever, just write it down and either pm me or post it on here, ty

D

dUmB_bLoNdE

You can make each unit cheap and trained in like one second.
You could also have each unit evolve into another at anytime.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
skinny77 said:
Hmm...good point. What do you suggest?

- Skinny77

maybe a mages guild, now that i think about it ...

when u go to a church, u should choose between paladin or cleric

and make a mage quild maybe or a mage tower

with several classes to choose from, (conjurer, illusionist, spellcaster, etc.)

from the suggestion s ive been giving theyre mainly for the human race

[EDIT]

by dark elf do u mean Drow? and if so i had a sorta hero for that, but it was made for a AOS type map

he had Faerie Fire
Orb of Darkness
Poisend Bolt (for crossbow)
infravision (detects invisible units)(initiaite)
and i think his ultimate was like chaos of Lloth(puts the unit into a frenzy, that doesnt take any damage, until hes done attacking then he will recieve all the damage that was dealt at once)

emjlr3

Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:
maybe a mages guild, now that i think about it ...

when u go to a church, u should choose between paladin or cleric

and make a mage quild maybe or a mage tower

with several classes to choose from, (conjurer, illusionist, spellcaster, etc.)

from the suggestion s ive been giving theyre mainly for the human race

[EDIT]

by dark elf do u mean Drow? and if so i had a sorta hero for that, but it was made for a AOS type map

he had Faerie Fire
Orb of Darkness
Poisend Bolt (for crossbow)
infravision (detects invisible units)(initiaite)
and i think his ultimate was like chaos of Lloth(puts the unit into a frenzy, that doesnt take any damage, until hes done attacking then he will recieve all the damage that was dealt at once)

yea dark elf, used model of Sylvanas (Drow? what you mean fro dota?)
using the guidelines set out to me by skinny, she has the abilities I listed, and her ulti will be meta. into a wolf I believe

those abilities are ok, but I think I will stick with the ones that I have ;)

Rad

Reaction score
This thread is anoying, everybody is refering to DotA...

Or maybe it could do something like summon a big dark portal (Like Black Hole off DotA)

Ahem, Im sure that 'black hole' was the Shimmering Portal (Human unit)...

yea dark elf, used model of Sylvanas (Drow? what you mean fro dota?)

Dark elves (Or the 'drow' as used by hundreds of books, games etc) were not created by DotA. I have seen maps that included 'Dark Elves' in maps in RoC before DotA was the only thing that was played.

As for taking ideas from DotA, think of it this way ~ People who play dota (80% of wc3 custom mappers) will just think "they stole this from DotA", if you keep comparing EVERYTHING to DotA this map will be no different than the rest.

To solve this problem:
~Stop talking about dota
~Create some of your own ideas
~Dont play DotA for a week
~Stop supporting DotA altogether... open your eyes guys this doesnt even need explaining.

M

monkeywithag

Map

Can anyone tell me of any brain waves they might have for maps (to suit an ability perhaps?) so when i get on castle builder and see what skinny wanted me to see i can bundle the ideas into one great map.

S

skinny77

Okay, firstly, I don't like DotA. I don't support DotA. I admit, I used to. But now, its taken over battle.net and pushed good games out of the way. The only reason we are comparing to DotA is because it has a lot of abilities. We aren't trying to steal ideas. We are simply using them to get an idea of what we want. Furthermore, this isn't even an AoS. We only have one hero per race, that's just 12 in all.

And monkeywithagun, please could you make yourself a bit clearer, I don't get what you mean. Maybe you don't have to see the Castle Builder. Perhaps we can describe it to you. This is what we want:

- Huge-Epic Size
- Lots of places where it is strategically advantageous to start a base
- None of the locations can be any better, or give an unfair advantage
- Maybe a few creeps, but don't overload it with them
- A river would be nice
- Don't bother placing buildings on the map, I'll do that once you are done.

If anybody else could enhance this description of our ideal terrain, please do. We need all the help we can get.

Keep up the good work guys!

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
here is what I have done so far, beastman and dark elf done

if you don't like an ability, let me know of a diff. idea and I'll see what I can do

remember all the abilities are completely customizable, you may not like it just the way it is, but with a little damage/area tweak you may... :D

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
sry skinny i was working on my maps and looking at my posts COMMMPLllletly forgot about this i dont know what i can be of help with anymore but oh well lol.. im to bz lol

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Rad said:
This thread is anoying, everybody is refering to DotA...

Ahem, Im sure that 'black hole' was the Shimmering Portal (Human unit)...

Dark elves (Or the 'drow' as used by hundreds of books, games etc) were not created by DotA. I have seen maps that included 'Dark Elves' in maps in RoC before DotA was the only thing that was played.

As for taking ideas from DotA, think of it this way ~ People who play dota (80% of wc3 custom mappers) will just think "they stole this from DotA", if you keep comparing EVERYTHING to DotA this map will be no different than the rest.

To solve this problem:
~Stop talking about dota
~Create some of your own ideas
~Dont play DotA for a week
~Stop supporting DotA altogether... open your eyes guys this doesnt even need explaining.

never played dota, and i dont think id like it, it sounds neat and all but, not for me, i wasnt refering dark elf(or Drow) in comparison to Dota by the way, and dont worry, emj(whatever theh ell your name is ) if i dont know hwat a drow is u wouldnt understand the abilities to much.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
may i do a Black Mage charecter please?

i dont have internet at home right now, but ive made a Black Mage charecter on my free time, uses spells like, Demi, Death (levels 3, 4 ,and 5) Ultima, Osmosis, and Bio

Demi (depending on level ) brings target units life to 1/4 current life( 1/2 for level 2 and 3/4 for level 3)
Death kills target unit of multiple 3, 4 or 5

Ultima - deals high amounts of damage to target area

Osmosis drains mana from target unit and converts it to mana for the black mage

Bio- deals damage and then poisens target unit

emjlr3

Reaction score
Bartuc08 said:

i dont have internet at home right now, but ive made a Black Mage charecter on my free time, uses spells like, Demi, Death (levels 3, 4 ,and 5) Ultima, Osmosis, and Bio

Demi (depending on level ) brings target units life to 1/4 current life( 1/2 for level 2 and 3/4 for level 3)

ive just about got the demon done ill upload soon, sure if you want, but when you are done let me see it, make sure uve got out all leaks and such

M

monkeywithag

Bartuc08 said:

All these abilities are from final fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.