Join the map that will (hopefully) revolutionize b.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
lastest hero abilties, got Dark Elf, Beastman, and Demon done

btw I love FF and wouldnt mind having spells based off those in this map

*update: got Dwarf done, not as many triggered abilities on him, but I still like him none the less, btw if anyone has any abiliy ideas pppllzzz let me know :)

S

skinny77

Okay, well done guys. To be honest, I couldn't care less whether you use final fantasy abilities or not. You're the hero maker; you decide.

Keep up the good work!

- Skinny77

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
hey emj when u make your triggerd abilities, do u use random real numbers between so and so? gives it an added effect, andway, im pretty sure the black mages abilites are leak free, the death aility has a lot of If/Then/Else actions in it thou, now that i tihnk about it most the abilites i make have alot of If/Then/Else actions, (theyre all tied together)

emjlr3

Reaction score
that would leak, I create a point variable pointing to a random spot such as you mentioned, create the SE at the variable, and then remove the varaible

btw host the map up id still like to see

just got done undead hero

if you can't tell im running our of ideas :(

*update, dwarf ulti. reworked, new one made

S

skinny77

Well done, emjlr3. Your heroes fit perfectly. Though, now you've made me a little worried...maybe you'll have to help me with some triggers? I'm not that good with variables. But, other than that, great heroes. I love them, especially the Demon's Ultimate, it looks great.

As for ideas, I can suggest some stuff. For the Giant, don't make him huge, make him about 12ft (in-game) tall, that should look alright. For the Netherworld Inhabitant (if anyone has better name for this race, please, please, say so) use something like that purple thing with no legs.

Nice work!

- Skinny77

emjlr3

Reaction score
skinny77 said:
Well done, emjlr3. Your heroes fit perfectly. Though, now you've made me a little worried...maybe you'll have to help me with some triggers? I'm not that good with variables. But, other than that, great heroes. I love them, especially the Demon's Ultimate, it looks great.

As for ideas, I can suggest some stuff. For the Giant, don't make him huge, make him about 12ft (in-game) tall, that should look alright. For the Netherworld Inhabitant (if anyone has better name for this race, please, please, say so) use something like that purple thing with no legs.

Nice work!

- Skinny77

there have been no downloads from the map I uploaded, did you look at an older one or something?

btw ty for complements, but check out the latest one ;)

btw what made you worried? and what triggers don't you get?

Bartuc08

Reaction score
skinny77 said:

Nice work!

- Skinny77

outer world beings, and make them the zerglings, hmm inoticed most of the ideas are for humans thou, weve got all these heros, but not any units to follow them around and reap destruction with

S

skinny77

Yeah I know. And its not most of, its all of the units so far are Human. I'm working on the table, but if anyone has any ideas, please post them.

- Skinny77

M

monkeywithag

Outer world beings

Outer world beings is more of a description than a name, there is a name on the tip of my toungue that i can't quite, get out. :p

emjlr3

Reaction score
Latest hero map up, got Imperial Humans done, let me know what yall think

S

skinny77

Well done guys. monkeywithagun is right. Its like the old name, descriptive, not namely. I'll check out the map tonight, I'm at school now.

- Skinny77

I have to say somthing. The idea you got of the pesant spawing then going to a building to train is off of the game Battle Realms. I would like to say in that game the weapons are very big and is a gay game. I thought the pesant thing was probaly the worst part.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
101112131415 said:
I have to say somthing. The idea you got of the pesant spawing then going to a building to train is off of the game Battle Realms. I would like to say in that game the weapons are very big and is a gay game. I thought the pesant thing was probaly the worst part.

ive never played battle realms so i dont quite care, i like the idea of the peasents traing at a building, lol

think of it this way, the netherworld beings were names given to them from the inhabitants of Earth, sorta like on Halo, the Elites are claled Elites, but thats not theyre real name ( and Covanent is not there real name either)

emjlr3

Reaction score
fixed a bug I found in Imperialism on the Imperial Human which made that extra damage never reset, and fixed a few spelling errors

M

morxel

i have a suggestion, (i think your map is a great idea so far) but how bout instead of making a peasant a unit by going to all those places, how bout u make your 'hero' like that except they choose a skill/class/race/abbilities at the start like 'custom arena'. I think that thing at the start impressed me ^^ so maybe you could do something like that.. but its just a suggestion for now so choose if u want to or not use it :) best of luck with the map

S

skinny77

Nice idea, but emjlr3 has already made all those great heroes, it would be a shame to see all that work go to waste. Maybe, if the map is successful, in a later version we will do something like that. But for now, I'm sorry but it is a no. Thanks anyway.

I love your heroes emjlr3. The abilities are great. Nice work. When are you getting Warcraft III back, monkeywithagun!?

- Skinny77

M

monkeywithag

Warcraft

The one chance i had was missed because we were out. I posted this message from MY computer :D !!

emjlr3

Reaction score
has there been any progress at all with the actual map other then my heroes, ive yet to see anything, and would really like something after all this time

emjlr3

Reaction score
Remade Toss, now is much more fluid and life like, fixed another bug I found in Imperialism, started a Troll hero, and fixed conflicting hotkeys on the Dwarf.

Enjoy!

b.t.w I saw you changed rolls on first page to me making units....nt hoss, just heroes for me, and if you need trigger/ terrain help of any kind I can help there as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.