WIP Kilgam's ORPG

Kilgam

Reaction score
Kilgam's ORPG___________________

Introduction___________________
I've been working on an ORPG then and then since a year back, there was a period i had given up but now months later i have revived my old project.
In Kilgam's ORPG you will venture into places of great evil, fighting with your friends you will prevail, alone you will fail. It's pretty much like any other ORPG; you get good equipment, defeats hard bosses and so on... But i played many ORPG's and there's always something i like and dislike, this is why i decided to make my very own.

Info___________________

-Aggro System (Done)
-Save/Load System (Done)
-14 spells on every hero (Done on 3/10 heroes)
-Talent System (Not fully done yet)
-Map size Epic (Done)
-Uses Jass NewGen (Done)
-Shared Bounty System (Done)
-Instances (5 fully done atm)
-Over 165 Items atm
-Item Restrictions (only one weapon, one shield etc) (Done)
-Fun and challenging Boss fightes! (Done on all instances so far)
-10 Heroes (3/10 Heroes Done)
-Max level 80 (Done)
-Alot of quests! (10 so far)
-Reputation System (Partially done)
-20 Playable Areas (15 Done so far but all aren't spawned)
-Wildlife and different music for every Area (Done)
-Weather System (Done)
-Creep Respawn System (Done)
-6 Cities (4 Done so far)
-NPC Chat System (Done)
-Custom Experience System (Done)
-God System (Done)
-Loot System (Done)
-WoW Graveyard System
-Item Attachment System (When you pick up a sword you equip a sword)(Done!)
-Damage Show System (Done)
-Spell Show System (Done)
-Combine Items System (Done)
-Item Sets and Recipes (Partially Done)
-PvP Arena (Done)
-Duel Place (Done)
-Vote Kick System (Done)

Progress___________________
Triggers: 73%
Terrain: 85%
Units/Items: 68%
Abilities: 35%

Screenshots___________________
(I'm on vacation so it may take one week or two)

I'm working on some crucial bugs and after i solved them a Beta will be released for playing and giving feedback!

Bellow this point is a link to the demo map, report any bugs you find or if you have any suggestion post it in this thread!
(Updated)
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/downloa...f6e93ba49/Kilgam's ORPG BETA release1 opt.w3x

T

the2875

This sounds like it will be a great ORPG! I'm looking forward to 7/31 (31/7). Also, I know I may sound stupid, but what is an Aggro System?

Kilgam

Reaction score
This sounds like it will be a great ORPG! I'm looking forward to 7/31 (31/7). Also, I know I may sound stupid, but what is an Aggro System?

1) I'm aiming to get it released at 31/7 but it will probably take some days more, this due to that i'm going on vacation today:D

2) A aggro system is that a mob builds up "hate" on a unit when the unit damages it, and the mob always attack the unit that it has most "hate" on. Have you played WoW? it's exactly like that.

T

the2875

I have played WoW but only once and at my friend's house. But I now understand what you're talking about. Thanks!

Kilgam

Reaction score
The Beta map has been released! Check out the link in the first post:D

Report bugs and suggestions in this thread!

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This looks interesting. I'm downloading at the moment and shall comment on it once I test it.

Also, If you run out of tiles to use in the RPG (For example, you want to make a lava area but have no tiles left) You could use my Replace Terrain System ;)

Kilgam

Reaction score
Hmm that Terrain system sounds interesting, taking a look at it later but now over the weekend i'm busy because i'm gonna play an floorball cup:D

stabe420

Reaction score
A bug i found

Great game!! Although i hosted it and found a bug. When you play with more than one person, only player 1 can choose his/her god while the others cannot and they aren't able to play. I don't know if you made it this way on purpose for beta reasons but i just thought i'd let you know.

Kilgam

Reaction score
Great game!! Although i hosted it and found a bug. When you play with more than one person, only player 1 can choose his/her god while the others cannot and they aren't able to play. I don't know if you made it this way on purpose for beta reasons but i just thought i'd let you know.

Map will get a fast update with some removed bugs today :D

Kilgam

Reaction score
Next update will be bug free, and include the Pandaren Seer Class that will be a hybrid class.:p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I just started playing it and at first glance, it seems to be a complete copy of Defiances ORPG.
You even used the Gods and the annoying as f*ck chat system :p (And the ads)

I'll update this post as I play.

Edit: I've found quite a few typos too. Wintry - Wintery (I think)
Guradian - Guardian
Addsoff - Adsoff
...Our Blacksmith don't.. - Our Blacksmith doesn't
your name has to match the the code. (Repeated)

Why the kick? I doubt you'd want to kick people in the first minute or so :p

Well, It's not fun at all playing singleplayer. Obviously :p
But overall, I've noticed it's basically Defiances ORPG, but with improvements.

Although I think it's better made than Defiances, I don't like the fact that you've copied basically everything from his RPG.

stabe420

Reaction score
Still has the bug

Version .06 still has the god bug. nobody other than player 1 can choose their god making it so they cannot play the game.

T

the2875

This is almost exactly like Defiances ORPG. It uses the same hint system, and adds off, and god selection. I know this doesn't matter but it has more a Defiance pre-GOR feel...I'm also not sure if that was intended...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Multiplayer should work now.

Any reply to my comments?
(And the other ones saying how similar it is to defiances)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.