WIP Left 4 Dead

JeveKnight

Reaction score
another addition to the map:
there will be citizens running around, and can be infected.
if the boss infected get to the citizens, they can infect them and join he infected's side.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Oh, okee, I get it.

At the bottom-right corner of your posts, there is an "EDIT" button. Click it and you can edit your post and make changes there.

JeveKnight

Reaction score
does anyone like the idea of the buy zone as a military base within the city, and the boss infected (zombies) have to do either of these:
they either start in a graveyard, or some other type of zombie starting zome (they need a place to respawn and buy other minions)
OR
they start as a gene mutation bacteria, and they posess any city dweller into becoming a hero of their choice (boomer, tank, hunter etc)
anyone oppose, like or anything? i really need opinions.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Here's a little combination of your ideas for my idea:

There are two zombie starting places - one is a graveyard type place at any corner of the map, and the other starting place is random in the map but not in the first starting zone. The graveyard contains a zombie hero-type (boomer, hunter, tank, etc.) for the zombie players. There are a few NPC humans that they can train on for the duration because the graveyard is trapped, so they are trapped inside. In the second starting location, which is random for each player (or they can be together in a random spot), each player gets a mutation gene. The mutation gene is invisible, and like your idea, can possess an NPC wandering in the city. Those possessed humans then become "Mutation" (see below) zombies. They then have to use those zombies to head over to the graveyard, and attack an opening switch. Once the switch is broken, the main zombies can get out. If a Mutation zombie dies, the mutation gene comes out and has to find another NPC human.
*Mutation Zombie: stats of an average zombie; has a mutation attack that can turn NPC's killed into Mutation Zombies

So.... that's just my idea, lol.

captainrads

Reaction score
Alright, if you're gonna make a Left 4 Dead game, there damn well better be a melee attack that's very easy to use, that's so god damn helpful in the 360 game. As for the spawn system, make it like the game itself, you can choose where you spawn and the thing you get is random. If you let people choose, they'll choose the Tank every time and make it impossible for the survivors. Also, have the survivors have a goal area to get to(just like the game) and have safe zones where they can heal and resupply themselves, but if they don't get to the target area after a certain amount of time the infected win.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a feeling this project is abandoned. Its been three a couple months, no reply, and seeing as how he only had been posting for a few days, I doubt its continued. But, prove me wrong if you would.

captainrads

Reaction score
Well I suppose there's no way it could be as great as the 360 version, but its still a bit of a let down, I love that game and it sucks if you're not playing it with other people, and I don't have a 360 anymore, my bro took it back to school with him since the one he had got the red ring of death...damn the 360 for having such great games, yet awful design flaws.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Is the maker here? o.o

OK, now that I actually have L4D and have thoroughly played it, I know more stuff. :)

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.