Arena Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_fj

Reaction score
I like the idea. The "more spell levels than you can learn" idea, will probably make for some interesting gameplay. I might try the map soon.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but when I played it, there was like somekind of level 30 who suddenly popped out of nowhere and goodness it did attack me 1hit byebye venomancer. It made me quit actually, the venomancer did not have a single nuke skill making it hard. Where are the tooltips :D

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but when I played it, there was like somekind of level 30 who suddenly popped out of nowhere and goodness it did attack me 1hit byebye venomancer. It made me quit actually, the venomancer did not have a single nuke skill making it hard. Where are the tooltips :D
lol it scared the hell out of fhel, so scared that he will never play the game...ever, not even a view of the thread...just joking

why does heroes have slow movespeed?

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
the str heroes generally have.. 'cause their hulking big.
the Dark One has a teleport spell so, he moves slowly.

there's a spell that i'm working on that constantly bugs.. i cant get around it yet, its holding development of a few new spells..

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Why do you use squisher? I mean the quality would really suck if you do >_> since wc3c has a high standard and it wouldn't be good to squish them.

13lade619

Reaction score
MDX Squisher (created by Guesst)
Can compress MDX files without a quality loss. Note though that the real compression is done by your map after importing, the program just makes it stronger so the squished file will have the same size as the original unless imported.

models look great, compression is great.
i imported a 204 kb model, when i saved my mapsize only jumped from 1.18mb to 1.25mb.
and thats without VexOptimizer still.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
It is wise to do some compression. As long as the model retains at least 80%-90% of its original quality. The biggest role on byte consumption is the loading screen, but since I think 13lade619 is trying to stuff as much customs things in his map as possible, he is compressing them. Well good luck anyway.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yep, my skins from 240 kb (512x256) resized it to (256x128) and converted it to blp using wc3viewer with 80 compression jumps to 52 kb, also the sinnergy skin im using jumps from 178 kb to 47 kb, the high quality detail is not important, because the camera is zoomed out, except when you resized your hero to a high scale, or your using it on an RPG map with lots of zoom in cameras

im afraid to use squisher because some models are already squished, making the file corrupt when imported

13lade619

Reaction score
new lvl 18 incomplete draenei paladin pwning lvl 30 leviathan (neutral hostile) with overpowered shield spell. :p.

200% speed replay.
draenei.gif

13lade619

Reaction score
ow.. level 30.. sorry.. and NO ai, that was just neutral hostile using storm bolt.
the shield spell i made was overpowered then.. (returned 75% damage).

anyway, i'm making an attack-sliding system just like in Battle Realms..
going well.. all that's left is a way to check pathing..

EDIT:
strafing.gif

and fixed up the first thread..

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
The new hero looks good 0_0
What does the new system do anyway? I don't really understand much from the screenie XD

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Oh, that's cool! I remember seeing something like this in a spacebattle kind of map. I think its called Void Wars, maybe you could take a look at the system in that map :)
Link to map

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.