Level Info Data Missing or Invalid [+REP]

Julian4life

Reaction score
I tried opening a game i was working on, and when i opened it it said, "Level Info data missing or Invalid" and it didnt let me open the game...
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?
I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to give you +REP if you can fix it! D:

Heres what i can tell you:

1. Yesterday it was working.

2. Yesterday, only change i made was that i made a skill called "Shadow Storm" which was based off of Immolation. It had special effects like "death coil, target" and had a dummy unit called "D&D Target Dummy" (D&D is death and decay) which showed the D&D effect over targeted units.

3. I also made a hero, called Shadow Shifter (Max hero level [constant]: 30)

4. The Shadow Storm skill has 3 levels.

5. Triggers was in GUI and contained no damaging factors, and did not include sizing up the effects as the skill level increased.

Anything else?:
If theres anything else or details you require, ask. I REALLY Spent a LONG time on this already. Custom skills, units, heros, buildings, and a huge map was already created, no duplicates saved yet.

Julian4life

Reaction score
bump.

Please help guys? D:

I know i can rely on you guys. I'm depressed after working on this for so long that its gone now, i've been trying to find out how to get it back. I restarted my computer and everything. I cant get it back.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Oh sorry, I thought this was regarding a trigger and avoided this thread. Foolish of me.

What that means is that your map file was corrupted somehow. But there's hope!

Go to the Test folder, and it should be there.

Julian4life

Reaction score
thanks for helping, but i tried and it wasn't there. D:

Does that mean there is no hope? I was hoping this would be a hit.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
I've never heard of another solution to this problem other than finding another copy of the map. It's very late. You'll have better luck tomarrow with hits.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
It should be in the 'Test' folder if it's the last map you have tested through World Editor's test option. If it is the last one tested, it should be there, but with another name.

Otherwise, your only hope is to find a working copy of the map (older versions, etc).

The map got corrupted somehow, during the save process.

Julian4life

Reaction score
OMG! Nvm, i found it, i was looking for my game, but i didnt find it. so i opened the worldedittesmap thing and it was there!
THANK YOU!

okay, thanks, i gave +rep to both of you.

And by hits, i meant the game to be a hit. not the thread :p

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Remember to always back up your work :p I am extremely careful and have saved my map 5477 times according to my world editor, and the map version is Mymapname_48 :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.