Making a gun is like wtf?

Kentrus

Reaction score
ok so I started making this map right and I wanted to add my own items and I tried to make an gun but all I got was a cyclon shooting ambo..... so I wondered how to make like the item to shoot a dmging shoot or something like that I tried to make it do a stormbolt it was like w00t! :eek:
So help please!

emilemil1

Reaction score
is it a active or passive gun?

for passive u use phoenix fire and for active storm bolt should be fine if u have edited it properly

Kentrus

Reaction score
ok that helped really it did. but it still doesnt answer me on how to make it work?...:confused:
Can you send me a pic or video please of how to do it? I gone make the world best map =P

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
You didn't ask a question. You want the gun to damage.
What does that MEAN...

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
He means that the damage follows the projectile i guess. If so, check when damage is dealt and adjust the values of the projectile speed. Since, the damage is *almost* instant, adjust the value to more than 1150-1250 for sure. If you can't reach the gun shot with the projectile speed, you should instead make a custom unit with the model of the projectile, although i think the projectile is way faster than a custom unit ordered to move on the target; plus, since it is based on attack, it may cause lag. So, check when damage is dealt [maybe create a trigger that runs when "unit starts the effect of an ability" and a "unit takes damage". With a countdown timer that will be displayed on your screen, make it start when the first event is taking place and end when the second event is taking place. So, you will get the result of in how many sub-seconds the enemy unit takes damage. Count those secs and adjust the projectile speed (again test the map a lot of times) to see how further or how faster the projectile can travel within those seconds - between those two events].

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Kentrus, you want a gun that can shoot and deal damage.

How do you want the gun to be used and how do you want do deal the damage?

For example, if you want to shoot out a projectile out in the air, base an ability of carrion swarm, change missile art and damage. Set the maximum damage to the damage (this so only one unit can receive damage).

If you want it to be a target unit damage then base the ability on let's say storm bolt. Set the duritation to 0.01. (This is the stun time, if it's 0 then it equals to permanent meaning you have a stun that never fades.)

Please explain better how you want to create this gun and how it's supposed to be used.

Kentrus

Reaction score
ok I got it working this is nice, BUT (omg) I now want it to add like a suit so when you click it it equips you with it and then you can use normal attack to shoot but it will drain.. mana or something so if any one got that then you might want to help me because I'm very good at... special things and I can do this special things for you, maby.

Fluffball

Reaction score
So you want each attack to be ranged, and drain mana? Immolation will help with the suit.

I don't really understand what you're saying, try to make yourself clearer and stop using 1337 talk.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
I think he wants something similar to the game Revenge of the Niggers,
which is quite fun actually, but anyway
how about making a skill based off of Shockwave, it'll shoot a projectile, and if they hit, then the unit will be damaged, and it also takes mana,
then change the hot key of attack to something else and make the hotkey for shockwave a

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Well it may not be any think necessary but i have a ammunition system set up if you want to use it.

Code:
Force Reload
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                ammo Not equal to 0.00
                clip Equal to 0.00
                (Attacking unit) Equal to Soldier
    Actions
        Multiboard - Set the text for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 1 to (Remaining ammo:  + (String(ammo)))
        Multiboard - Set the text for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 2 to (Remaining in clip:  + (String(clip)))
        Set ammo = (ammo - 50.00)
        Set clip = 50.00
        Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ammo Less than 0.00
            Then - Actions
                Set ammo = (Abs(ammo))
                Set clip = (clip - ammo)
                Set ammo = 0.00
                Multiboard - Set the text for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 1 to (Remaining ammo:  + (String(ammo)))
                Multiboard - Set the text for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 2 to (Remaining in clip:  + (String(clip)))
            Else - Actions
        Wait 5.00 seconds
        Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
Code:
Reload
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
            Conditions
                ammo Not equal to 0.00
                clip Equal to 0.00
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Soldier
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Reload
    Actions
        Trigger - Run Force Reload <gen> (ignoring conditions)
Code:
Shoot
    Events
    Conditions
            Conditions
                clip Greater than -1.00
    Actions
        Set clip = (clip - 1.00)
Code:
Setup
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Soldier = Captian 0009 <gen>
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 1 columns and 2 rows, titled Ammo remaining
        Set z_ammo_ammount = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the width for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 1 to 30.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 2 to 30.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Maximize z_ammo_ammount
Its not completely finnished

JeveKnight

Reaction score
Well it may not be any think necessary but i have a ammunition system set up if you want to use it.

Code:
Force Reload
    Events
    Conditions
            Conditions
                ammo Not equal to 0.00
                clip Equal to 0.00
    Actions
        Set ammo = (ammo - 50.00)
        Set clip = 50.00
        Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ammo Less than 0.00
            Then - Actions
                Set ammo = (Abs(ammo))
                Set clip = (clip - ammo)
                Set ammo = 0.00
            Else - Actions
        Wait 5.00 seconds
        Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
Code:
Reload
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
            Conditions
                ammo Not equal to 0.00
                clip Equal to 0.00
                (Triggering unit) Equal to Soldier
                (Ability being cast) Equal to Reload
    Actions
        Trigger - Run Force Reload <gen> (ignoring conditions)
Code:
Shoot
    Events
    Conditions
            Conditions
                clip Greater than -1.00
    Actions
        Set clip = (clip - 1.00)
Code:
Setup
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 0.50 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Soldier = Captian 0009 <gen>
        Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 1 columns and 2 rows, titled Ammo remaining
        Set z_ammo_ammount = (Last created multiboard)
        Multiboard - Set the width for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 1 to 30.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Set the width for z_ammo_ammount item in column 1, row 2 to 30.00% of the total screen width
        Multiboard - Maximize z_ammo_ammount
Its not completely finnished

itd be nice if you can make a mini map with these conditions so i can dig through them, but i can take it as it is :D

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
itd be nice if you can make a mini map with these conditions so i can dig through them, but i can take it as it is :D

Why is it that you post in this thread and not your own? you can just copy & paste the quote there.

Kentrus

Reaction score
Ok... I'm not really getting what you're saying... Could you maybe give me some low level tips on how to make the gun system?:eek:

Kentrus

Reaction score
this is all so hard... so I gone make one easy question then. I have tried a lot of things and I got to this I want a marin suit but that we can take later. first I want my marin to shoot something he does, but I want it to take away 1 mana each shoot or gold. and when you are empty of "ammo" you cant shoot more. if any one got that

Kentrus

Reaction score
I got it, any one played afterlife? how the bullets work in that one and that it's all items I want it to be something like that. and all those code things not really getting it

Kentrus

Reaction score
ok I saw some other topics about it and people says it's much easyer to make item count as how many shoots you got well if any one can help me with that so when you use the "attack" command you use 1 of the item stack and when it's 0 you cant attack.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.