Making a new unit

punwisp

Reaction score
Is it just me, or did they make the simple process of making a new unit a bit complicated? Including if you just started this part of the editor. I can edit specific stats, but I still haven't fully figured it out, or how to change the projectile to a marauder projectile, along with missle speed, while keeping the marine unit.

Thoughts?

Clockwork

Reaction score
Yeah you edit the weapon behavior and effects, not the unit. Everything in this game is modular. When the unit attacks it calls its weapons module, which goes through all of its effects to produce the animation and damage.

Hope that helps.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
In Warcraft III, which I'm guessing you have used, units, actors(the model), weapons, damage effects and behaviors are just ONE data type. Units.

Seemingly very simple.

In the Galaxy Editor however all of these elements are divided into different data types.
You should think like this, the unit is the core, the rest are just applications that CAN be added to this unit. The Unit Datatype is just to link all of these together and set a units stats, (like HP, Energy, Armor, Lifesteal e t c)

Like this,

DATA TYPES

Unit
-Abilities
-Actors (Models & Sound Effects)
-Behaviors
-Effects (Damage Effects used by Weapons for instance)
-Models (The grafical models that the Actors uses)
-Movers (how the unit collides with terrain and on what height level)
-Sounds (The Sounds that the Actors uses)
-Weapons (The weapons that the Unit uses)

punwisp

Reaction score
Yeah you edit the weapon behavior and effects, not the unit. Everything in this game is modular. When the unit attacks it calls its weapons module, which goes through all of its effects to produce the animation and damage.

Hope that helps.

Yea, it does help, but I still have trouble making a unit I want xD

I want to make a marine type unit called "Rocketeer" That basically shoots rockets, like the marauder.

Reaction score
Yea, it does help, but I still have trouble making a unit I want xD

I want to make a marine type unit called "Rocketeer" That basically shoots rockets, like the marauder.

Duplicate Marine and its actor. Rename it to Rocketeer. Change Rocketeer -> Weapons to Marauder - Punisher Grenades.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.