Making units able to move through other units

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

Once I cast a unit target spell I need to make a unit able to pass through other units as if it had no colllosion (but it should still have collosion). I can't use windwalk with long wait before invisability. One thing I could use however, is if I could make the unit flying some easy way (without replacing it).

Thanks in advance! =)

Leazy

Reaction score
How would I do this:
*disable triggering unit pathing
*disable picked unit pathing

I'm a GUI user =)

Leazy

Reaction score
Can you give me something more??
How does it work, is it a system or just a line??

Leazy

Reaction score
That will completely remove the pathing? I don't want the unit to be able to walk through trees, cliffs etc.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
to make a unit be able to move through other units both need to have the ability "Ghost (Visible)" 'Aeth'. this ability will make other units able to move through the unit which got that ability.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
trigger every movement in the whole map yourself? of course there are other solutions but this is by far the easiest.

tell us exactly what you want to do and what you need and maybe we can give you a more easier method.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
to make a unit be able to move through other units both need to have the ability "Ghost (Visible)" 'Aeth'. this ability will make other units able to move through the unit which got that ability.

Is there no other solution? =\

What's wrong with this solution? AFAIK, you haven't mentioned anything you need that the Ghost (Visible) ability does.

Leazy

Reaction score
I think it wont work so well because:
X = Unit that should be able to pass through other units
Y = Units close to the unit that should be able to pass through other units.

If I add ghost (visible) to Y other units than X might be able to pass through Y.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it wont work so well because:
Y = Units close to the unit that should be able to pass through other units.

If I add ghost (visible) to Y other units than X might be able to pass through Y.

If I add ghost (visible) to Y other units than X might be able to pass through Y

could you please tell me what the problem is? i am kinda confused.

Leazy

Reaction score
The problem is: Obviously I must add ghost (visible) to X. If two units need to have ghost (visible) to be able to pass through each other, then all units X is getting close to should also get ghost (visible). If there are two units near X though, that shouldn't be able to pass through other units, they still still both have ghost (visible) and therefor be able to pass through other each other aswell.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Just give the dummy unit the locust ability? thats a dummy unit ability, it allows them to go through each other, and/or make the dummy unit a flyer, flying surpasses unit collision, if you dont want it to go over cliffs, then dont let it

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
The problem is: Obviously I must add ghost (visible) to X. If two units need to have ghost (visible) to be able to pass through each other, then all units X is getting close to should also get ghost (visible). If there are two units near X though, that shouldn't be able to pass through other units, they still still both have ghost (visible) and therefor be able to pass through other each other aswell.

You only need to add Ghost (visible) to Unit X, in order to allow him to pass through other units, AND allow other units to pass through him.

DioD

Reaction score
@NeuroToxin
what about permanent control disable on locusted unit?

@Darthfett
this wont allow unit to pass other units, it works like pathing, it will let other units ignore ghost, but ghost will collide with units anyway.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Unit pathing isn't a one way deal. You disable collusion for a unit then other units will be able to path through it as well. However, the unit will be able to move freely through any number of units. Other units will only be able to pass through that single unit.

This is how the game mechanics work. There's no way around it.

Leazy

Reaction score
I think I miss interpretated the spell. So if X have the ghost (visible) ability it can move through any units, and other units can also move through it? Then this is exactly what I need :)

I thought you meant that two units needed to have ghost (visible) to be able to walk through each other.

Thanks guys!

Edit: I'm afraid Dido is right. Units with Ghost (Visible) can't pass through other units, at least they won't do it on command.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.