Making units able to move through other units

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Give it locust and move it via triggers? What exactly are you trying to do with this? I can make you a spell in vJass if you want...
EDIT: I read your main post, give your hero crow form, then set its fly height, then just remove it, it gives it the ability to fly
OR: Simply give the unit flying ability?

DioD

Reaction score
this wont let unit ignore other units.

if you set unit movetype to fly it will ignore cliffs.

if you give unit locust it will become uncontrollable.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
@bogrim:
you were wrong about the Ghost (visible) ability.
as i posted above giving it to a unit only allows other units to walk through it, not the unit itself.

on-topic:
i'd say try permanent invisibility and check if it removes pathing. then set its cooldown to an incredibly high number.
if that doesnt work do it with windwalk and set the fading time to an incredibly high number.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
@bogrim:
you were wrong about the Ghost (visible) ability.
as i posted above giving it to a unit only allows other units to walk through it, not the unit itself.
I wasn't talking about any ability. I was talking about disabling collusion. I have plenty of units that move at no collusion (channeled summons and such). They still have to path around units with collusion but they can slip through any number of units. And any unit won't have problems passing through it.

Ghost (visible) is the ward ability so it's understandable that the AI isn't coded to make the unit take advantage of movement. Wind Walk and Locust are the only abilities that allow the casting unit to pass directly through other units.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Permanent invisability didn't work, and I can't use windwalk. I'll just have to stick with turning off collosion atm. Thanks for the support guys!

Leazy

Reaction score
I'm making a spell like the World of Warcraft spell ''Charge''. The unit will rush towards the target unit after using the target spell Charge on it. The unit already have the maximum number of spells it can have, so if I added windwalk to it and ordered it to use it, it wouldn't have enough slots.

DioD

Reaction score
windwalk rune?

ps. i like threads about someone who wants to do something only way he like but anyway ask about how to do it.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'm making a spell like the World of Warcraft spell ''Charge''. The unit will rush towards the target unit after using the target spell Charge on it. The unit already have the maximum number of spells it can have, so if I added windwalk to it and ordered it to use it, it wouldn't have enough slots.
There's no limit to the number of abilities a unit can have. Yes, there's a limit to how many abilities the graphic interface can display, but it doesn't affect adding an ability to a unit with a trigger and ordering it to use the spell.

However, there is a much simpler solution to your problem. Use a periodic trigger and move the unit towards the target instead of ordering the unit to move. The following calls will allow you to move a unit through other units and without interrupting its current orders:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Custom script: call SetUnitX( GetTriggerUnit(), GetLocationX(udg_YourPointVariable) )
    • Custom script: call SetUnitY( GetTriggerUnit(), GetLocationY(udg_YourPointVariable) )

Leazy

Reaction score
Hm, using a rune wasn't a dumb idea! I'll definetly try it, thanks for all help guys

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
If the rune doesn't work...
OK, so couldn't you do DioD's trigger, than make regions for the cliffs/trees that the units cant pass?

Fr3ya

Reaction score
just use wind walk with 300 second Transition Time with no invisible. It worked!

note:yea i know i just reply an old post but just incase if anyone passes through this post and need this guide.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.