Making Units do Standard Animations

Dangime

Reaction score
Hi, I am working on a map that has a formalized combat system, where alot of the triggers are there just to activate and look pretty while the numbers crunch in the background.

To do this, I set off a small area of the map where I want the "change in scale to take place" IE, your 1 unit symbol switches off to another area where 10 units appear and have it out with another 10 units (or however many they have left in that unit.)

The units can't really move and don't have attacks, so I want to use triggers to force them them "do stuff" and look pretty. However it seems that animations are handled with some strings that aren't really mentioned (like stand which seems to be the default one).

Anyway, can I get my units to do something neat, like shoot of their guns, just to be cool looking, (then after the calculations I'll have them explode or something). What type of trigger would I use to make a unit do that?

R

Ruination

I have no idea what you mean by change scale and 10 units this or that, but the animation strings can be found in the editor window when you have that unit selected. Use the little arrows to cycle through all their animations. In your trigger, use animation - play unit's animation and enter the name you see for the animation you want. You can speed it up or slow it down too. Use Unit - damage target to damage the units since the animations won't do that. Oh and you'll have to make all those units allied I guess, so they don't attack each other automatically.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.