Mechanics of spirit link

PhoenixICE

Reaction score
With the dota warlock linking ability how is it implemented and does it use Spirit link as a base spell, if so how would i go about using it since, when i tried setting targets to enemy only there was no bounce.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
What I think spirit link does is:
It distribute the damage taken by a unit with spirit link buff with the other in the group. Some kind of percentage is distributed and converted to magic damage.

PhoenixICE

Reaction score
Ahh my bad, well spirit link is a normal warcraft 3 ability, not a dota one. What it does is link multiple units together, and spreads the damage throughout all units so the unit is hurt less thus all units surviving longer. This is typically a positive spell.

Changing the target to Enemy and setting the distrubuted amount of damage to 100% will make it into a negatitive spell theroritically, where as all linked units will be damaged by 100% of the initial damage. But due to some weird mechanics in game for the spell, since its suppose to bounce like chain lightning when casted on allies, it doesn't bounce when you set the cast to enemies, so linking one unit to it self is useless.

whats the best way to replicate this or is there something i over looked?

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
since its suppose to bounce like chain lightning when casted on allies, it doesn't bounce when you set the cast to enemies
This could be due to "hard coded" stuff.... I get this answer "quite often"

whats the best way to replicate this
You could make a simple spirit link ability that will be casted by a dummy unit. Like so for example:
unit casts 'uber ability'
create 1 dummy with owner == owner of spell target unit
order it to cast nullified spirit link (that does nothing other then giving buff)
then pick every unit with nullified spirit link buff and damage them by some means idk....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.