Missbehaving Triggers!

Straga

Reaction score
Hi, I'm having problems with my triggers, they work only occasionally, and sometimes even the simplest ones, won't trigger! Often they don't finish running all the actions and do other random stuff I can't explain like skipping actions ect..

I've looked over my trigger about a thousand times, and I know they work, some of them even worked before, but have now stopped working.

Anyone got a clue, what could be problem? I've got about 100 Triggers and they are all written in GUI.

Straga.:)

Straga

Reaction score
Ofcourse, here is a sample:
Code:
Panic
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Panic! 
    Actions
        Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to 1000.00
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Casting unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Silence\SilenceTarget.mdl
        Set PanicEffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Last created special effect)
        Sound - Play SkinkDeath1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, attached to (Casting unit)
        Camera - Shake the camera for (Owner of (Casting unit)) with magnitude 3.00
        Wait 0.80 seconds
        Camera - Stop swaying/shaking the camera for (Owner of (Casting unit))
        Wait 7.20 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy PanicEffect[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]
        Unit - Set (Casting unit) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Triggering unit))

Problem is: It works only occasionally, What is suppose to happen after "Wait 7.20 secounds" don't always trigger and casting unit ends up with permanent speed bonus with or without special effect above head. Sometimes it also skip "Special effect - Destroy" and resets movement speed without removing effect.

laxperson808

Reaction score
Well the problem is you have used "casting unit" after a wait-_- casting unit only works the instant the trigger is fired once a wait is used casting unit no longer works.. try a varible
varname=casting unit

Straga

Reaction score
Thanks alot, I was not aware of that! This is probably the solution to many of my triggers:thup:

I've got another series of triggers not working, I've got a kodo that is suppose to always run along a rute I've mad with regions.

This is how I did it:
Trigger:
  • Kodo Rute 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Kodo Rute 1 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Kodo Shop
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Kodo Shop 0032 &lt;gen&gt; to Move To (Center of Kodo Rute 2 &lt;gen&gt;)

followed up with:
Trigger:
  • Kodo Rute 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Kodo Rute 2 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Entering unit)) Equal to Kodo Shop
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Kodo Shop 0032 &lt;gen&gt; to Move To (Center of Kodo Rute 3 &lt;gen&gt;)

And so it continues for about 30 triggers, until the kodo is ordered to move back to Region: "Kodo Rute 1".

Problem is: the Kodo only runs half way to "Kodo Rute 2" then he turns and runs back to "Kodo Rute 1" where it all happens all over agien.
The wired thing is, it worked before and now it have stopped working even I have not made any changes to any related trigger.:confused:

Straga

Reaction score
Okey, I changed Gameplay Constants: Creeps - Guard Distance, Creeps - Guard Return Distance and Guard Return Time(sec) to 10000000,0. Now Kodo Runs like he should, but creeps are messed up, is there anyway to make a equal change that only apply to the Kodo?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.