Modeling :: In-Game Textures

CrazyImpling

Reaction score
Sorry in advance if there is already an answer to this somewhere, I couldn't find one.

1. When you extract the skin data for your textures, what format does the extracted image have to be in?

2. Does the extracted skin have to be in a specific location for your mode?

3. Do you have to import the skins when you unwrap them for your model?

Can anyone fill me in with how this works?

CrazyImpling

Reaction score
Oh, didn't think it was that unclear, but I guess it is.

2. Okay, to keep file sizes down, I want to use the in game textures so that I won't have to import them.
For example: your model is in /models. Would you have to put the skin you exported into the /models/*path to skin* using the path given to you in Extractor II?​

3. If #2 needs to be in a specific path, if you unwrap them and they are not in the proper path, would you have to import them to your map using the path you did?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not very experienced with skinning, but I think the path only needs to be specific when you have imported the skin back into WC3 and want it to replace another skin. Other than that, I don't think it matters, because you can change the path in the Import Manager.

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
1. When you extract the skin data for your textures, what format does the extracted image have to be in?
it must be in BLP format, get wc3 image extractor II for converting TGA to BLP

2. Okay, to keep file sizes down, I want to use the in game textures so that I won't have to import them.

For example: your model is in /models. Would you have to put the skin you exported into the /models/*path to skin* using the path given to you in Extractor II?
no, if u used ingame textures and you have a model, just leave it be, like import your model and try testing it, be sure your model uses the ingame textures, to make it work, and you dont need to import your texture, and also you dont need to change the path for the model...

3. If #2 needs to be in a specific path, if you unwrap them and they are not in the proper path, would you have to import them to your map using the path you did?
if u unwrap a model already, you dont need to import the texture
and if u skinned the texture and your model uses the skinned texture, you need to import the texture with the model and remove the 'war3mapimported\'
from the texture's path, and also you need to make the texture be in BLP format
example: 'war3mapimported\Uther.blp' change it to 'Uther.blp'

note: if u just skinned the texture, without any model using it, you must use the right path for the skin
like: Units\Human\Uther\Uther.blp IF skinned
Uther.blp IF skinned and USED by a model

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.