Models requests

Nathan0093

Reaction score
I'm making a mediaval theme map, and the goal is to occupy all castles on the map using human-only, feudal age units. If it's not too much, can someone make a couple of models for me? Due credits will definitely be included. Here are the models I wanted:

Naval Infantry: he's sorta like a footman without the shield and can swim. Proper swimming animation is obviously a must here. He shouldnt have much armor pieces on him since it wouldnt make any sense that way. Default textures are preferrable here.

Lance Knight: footman on horse who wields a lance or a spear instead of a sword. Less armor pieces would be great. Not having a shield isnt a big deal but otherwise is great as well. Default textures also rule here.

Thanks in advance

This might go better in another section. :p

And most people aren't to fond of requests- just look in the "Tutorials and Resources" section. There are some things you might like there.

Ill take the challenge. For the Naval Infantry, is it all right if I base it off a model, and add the animations to it? If this is ok, what model would you want?

To Fabioz: yes, thank you. You should probably base it off the footman model and add the swimming animation to it. No shield and significantly less armor pieces are better. What i have in mind is a light armored warrior who fights with a sword and has a small shield attached to his other forearm.
PS dont forget to include his attack animation while swimming as well :)

it would probably be better to base the naval unit off the elven villager model. I highly doubt that anyone could swim with any amount of plate armour on. The elven villager would look like a good sea character if you cut off his ears and replaced his pick with a sword.

Also, for the lancer you should base it off the bandit lord. He is already mounted with a lance. You should have a shield on a lancer, after all the shield is what they use to deflect other lances from knocking them off their horse. Even bam margera had a shield when they were jousting on bmx bikes.

Do you think that a militia unit would be a good naval unit, if i give him a sword? That way, I dont have to texture it, and it will be MUCH quicker.

The militia doesnt look right lol. He has a big shield and too much armor on him. For the lance knight, he should be based off Garithos for a fresher look instead of the knight (bandit lord) model. That way all you have to do is replace his axe with a lance/spear and remove the hero glow. My bad if I'm asking for too much :<

What about the bandit? He already looks like a pirate, kinda... I really dont want to texture any models at the moment. =p

Is it possible to use the villager1 model with the bandit's animations? If so then all you have to do are to give him a sword, add a small shield attached to his forearms, and maybe shoulder pads plus knee pads. Basically anything to make him look more like a fighter.

View attachment 21293

like I was saying, replace the pick with a sword on the elf, and the sword with a shield on the bandit lord, and you pretty much have what you need.

Here's a model I found a while ago somewhere on the net - might be useful:

Attachments

• Axeman.mdx
    88.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Axeman_Portrait.mdx
    51.5 KB · Views: 105
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.