Movement spell?

naughty

Reaction score
Is there a spell in warcraft3 that will be added to the unit and it will make the unit ONLY unable to move but able to attack and cast spells>> like Cargo Hold that makes the unit unable to attack?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Root/Unroot, maybe?

naughty

Reaction score
well as far as i know root is a castable spell..i need a passive spell that will make the unit unable to move leaving no buff, so it wont be able to be dispelled? any other suggestions?

Exide

Reaction score
Pause the unit via triggers.

naughty

Reaction score
ummmm... when the unit is paused it cannot move attack or cast spell.. thats not my point dude...plus the main problem with the pausing a unit is that if it has an evasion ability i still wont miss..that wont work either

Exide

Reaction score
ummmm... when the unit is paused it cannot move attack or cast spell.. thats not my point dude...plus the main problem with the pausing a unit is that if it has an evasion ability i still wont miss..that wont work either

Ah right, my bad.
You could have a dummy unit cast Entangling Roots on it. (Not sure if it disables attack or not, though. You could also try net and web and whatnot.)

naughty

Reaction score
entangling roots makes the unit also unable to attack, i did my spell with Ensnare, but the thing is it leaves a buff and there are another heroes that have dispel and my spell is bugged.. :S

Exide

Reaction score
You could try setting the unit's movement speed to 0, or give it an ability that sets movement speed to -1000. You might have to live with buffs. Buffs are the devil, and can't be controlled. (You can remove buffs from a unit via trigger.)

naughty

Reaction score
i tried all of your suggestions, i tried setting the movement speed to 0 but the unit still wont stop from moving cos there is a minimum movements speed :S. same goes with the spell that adds -1000 movement speed. I guess i'll give up my idea.. :)

Exide

Reaction score
You could also put the unit in a trigger that constantly moves it to the point where it stood when the spell was cast on it.
Else than that I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Bonuy

Reaction score
you can change minimum move speed in:
Advanced --> Gameplay Constants --> Movement - Unit Speed - Minimum

Change it from 150 to 0.
And then give the unit 0.00 movespeed with triggers

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.