MP demo Bots for Lan game

G

I have been able to add bots to my Lan game for Coop mode with my little nephew. But I haven't the feintest ideal how I did it!!! Does anyone know? Everything I try never seems to work twice...

I have added these lines into
C:\Games\Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Demo\Settings\Profiles\Custom\GeneralOptions.con

"game.setPercentageOfBots 100
game.setPercentageOfCpu 20"

These lines are not present in the MP demo file. Those lines are from the SP demo. But they do not work regularly and I can't say if they even work...

Confused and wishing for a 'bot' coop experience.

L

LT.Homer Simpson

You mean you where able to create bots in the mutli-demo...????

Explain more detail...

H

hollywoodboy

just registered

Yah they appear but it seems after a while they all suddenly are 'no more'. And everything is quiet again.

I can't tell when i can get it to work right.

I put "game.setPercentageOfBots 100
game.setPercentageOfCpu 20" from the SP demos 'singleplayersettings.con'
to the MP demo's
C:\Games\Battlefield 1942 Multiplayer Demo\Settings\Profiles\Custom\GeneralOptions.con

M

Master

I don't think you can do that in the mp demo because there "may" not be waypoints for the bots. Waypoints direct all the bot's actions.

But i'm not "absolutely" sure about this because i cannot find a waypoint file in the sp demo directory. Your best bet would be to wait until sept 12th, when the full game is released.

H

hollywoodboy

i cant wait!!!!

they did show up in a few of my mp demo lan games but i had to retry like 10 tens and on the 11th they'd suddenly start popping in and we'd have a lan party but there didn't seem to be any consistency to how i got them to show up...

i kept pasting in the lines for bots and cpu usage...

also the bots sort of timed out all at once after five or six minutes... bummer...

M

Motion[NKVD]

Set the number of bots over 100 percent. And turn the CPU usage down to like 14 . See what that does once.
What are you running as your server?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.