My First Skin

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've just finished my first skin: An Armored Kid.
I will use it in my RPG: The World of Orbis, but before I use it, I would like your opinion about it: What should I do better, how can I imprive it, what are my good/bad points, all I want to know .

Here is a picture of the Skin:
KidArmoredPreview.jpg

I made it with GIMP.
I used FalcoKnight's Tutorial for the Metal, the Tutorial can be found here
And Archian's Chainmail Skinning Tutorial, which can be found here

I uploaded it [url="http://clancbs.com/downloads_seperate.php?id=617]here[/url], so you can Download it ;)

Now... Comments please

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Lol, looks like an orphan thief. Could work I suppose :p

S

Shiro_Raikou

His back is a little hunchy. Lol. Hunch back.
BUt its very good.
Where do you get the program to model.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Could actually be good for a soldier hobbit... or a child millita.

EDIT: Actually it cannot be either of those, the child model has no attack animation.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
I didn't use any program to model, but I edited the skin with the GIMP, and I extracted the .blp file with the WarCraft Image Extractor, that program also converted it into .tga and back to .blp.

C

Chaîn

Could actually be good for a soldier hobbit... or a child millita.

EDIT: Actually it cannot be either of those, the child model has no attack animation.

Correction u can use that "skin" or "model" if u like, if u have a human unit, lets say tah Footman for instance, u just change out his voice, he's model picture and svale model with the kid and there u go, u have a perfectly fine little hobbit warrior :D

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
try making his face a little more worn, like he's going to battle. Very good model though.

A

Anggel

Hey Guys,

I've just finished my first skin: An Armored Kid.
I will use it in my RPG: The World of Orbis, but before I use it, I would like your opinion about it: What should I do better, how can I imprive it, what are my good/bad points, all I want to know .

Here is a picture of the Skin:
KidArmoredPreview.jpg

I made it with GIMP.
I used FalcoKnight's Tutorial for the Metal, the Tutorial can be found here
And Archian's Chainmail Skinning Tutorial, which can be found here

I uploaded it [url="http://clancbs.com/downloads_seperate.php?id=617]here[/url], so you can Download it ;)

Now... Comments please

I think the kid looks pimp i think it could use like a dagger or a kewl looking sword and make it more like a "hero", oh and i tried to get on the skinning tutorial both of them didnt let me get on it

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
@ Akatsuki - Thanks for the kind words.
@ Anggel - You can add a dagger/sword using attachments and those links are pretty old... They might be dead indeed, just look for those tutorials at www.wc3campaigns.net

E

Ellimist

Nice model he'd do as a child militia in say, a lotr map. 6/10

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Childs don't have attack or cast animations so i think he will be of better use in a td.

Normal child: 600 health 15% armor.
Armor child: 900 health 45% armor.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Yeah, well you can use some tools to get this kid an attack animation, but then it'd become a model instead of a skin...

A

Anggel

well i still think it looks good and his jacket is awsome, im not going to do the wc3 website thing cuz imu try skinning with photoshop because gimp doesnt really work for me xD

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not bad for a first skin, i can see easily how you made it. I would add more rings, and make them look more.. "connected"...

layer the rings and there you have an awsome skin :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.