My Loading Screen turns Black... o.o'

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Hi!
Well, a i've just made a loading screen for my map, i did everything like the tutorial said, instead of using different programs for the same purposes.

1.i created the image in 800x600
2.i resized it to 512x512 using Paint.net (PNG format)
3.i converted it into .BLP format using WOWImage
4.i imported the LoadingScreen.mdx into my map
5.i imported the image and changed its name to FullScreen.blp
6.i selected imported file LoadingScreen.mdx as the loading screen

but it does not work... o.o'
it simply loads up with a completely black screen...

can anyone help me on this?

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
well... i was wondering if someone could teach me to fix it.
because i don't want to have to send to anyone everytime i want to change it... Oo'

Crusher

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well first it needs to be from tga to Blp not from (example: jpeg to blp) Download Irfanview ,the best program for tga saving pictures.

And btw,did you change your LoadingScreen to ''LoadingScreen.mdx'' ?

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Well... my problems is turning TGA into BLP, because every program i download for this purpose does not work. All of them bring errors and dont work at all. So i foud a program that works! The image is in BLP anyway, what's the difference?

No... I changed the BLP file to "FullScreen.blp" and the model to "LoadingScreen.mdx"...

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Ok...
So give me a small list of programs that do this and i'll try them all... >__>
But i would like to know the difference between converting from PNG and TGA... Uu'

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I always had the same problem with Loadingscreens myself..
I always fixed it by doing it in a certain order.

Assuming your map has the default Loading Screen and no images imported:
*Import the Loadingscreen.mdx file. -> Save your map. -> Change the path of the file, so that it's correct. -> Save your map.
*Then import the Fullscreen.blp file -> Save your map. -> Change the path of the file, so that it's correct. -> Save your map.
*Change into your imported Loadingscreen.mdx file, under Scenario. -Save your map.
*Test your map, and hope it works. :p

Here's a Tutorial on Importing Loading screens. (Contains links to programs that might be needed.)
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php

Jooster

Reaction score
how about instead of telling him he needs to convert the file. why not just tell him the program to use THEN tell him to convert with that program.

use wc3veiwer, you can download from quite a few places just simply Google it. i would give you a link but my net is running a retard Olympics atm so slow. :<

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
@Exide: Thanks man... I did all you sad but it still does not work. =/
And this tutorial was the first i tried to follow, but all those programs don't work for me.

@Jooster: W3Viewer does not work for me, it saves an 1kb blank .BLP file! OO'
DO you think this is because i use windows vista? Oo'

The only reason i used WoWImage instead of all these programs you people say its because they don't work on my computer. Its very strange. OO'

Jooster

Reaction score
well thats really strange that they wont work with windows vista. they should. but if u want my offer still stands to you.

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Ok... I think i'll accept your offer just ofr my Beta Testing Loading Screen... _ _'
Meanwile i'll try to find out what's wrong... Tell me when you're ready for me to send it to you, Jooster. =3

Ancient-wolf

Reaction score
if it doesnt work on vista it might work if you run the program as "administrator"! :)

EDIT: btw, good programs to use if you are doing stuff with images etc. Wc3 viewer, Wc3 image extractor 2, Gimp (if you want a free and good program to change pics), Irfanview (good program, using it myself).

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
@Ancient-Wolf: Thanks dude, but the program runs, my problem is that when i'm saving the file, it saves a 1kb blank .BLP file instead of a normal 300kb+ .BLP file. Got it?

@Jooster: I'll send you a private message with a link to the image... ^^

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
Yes, i downloaded them many times... >_>
I allways tried to convert them from TGA to BLP, i save the TGA files using Paint dot net.

[ kbrito ]

Reaction score
I'll try downloading W3 Viewer then... I've already tried, but i got nothing to do...
No, Jooster has not send it yet, let's give him some time xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.