NA ladder isn't safe.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
There are plenty of users using a drop hack on NA. This all mess started arround 5 days ago, it is supposed to be quiiiite common. Common enough to force most of the GM's out of NA into EU.

It isn't as popular in EU yet, although I advice you restricting yourself from playing ladder until we hear something official from blizzard.

No blue post has answered, all the threads regarding this are closed without explanation.

The "keeping silent" is probably part of the plan. As long as they don't know how to track or stop the hacks they don't want to encourage people to use them.

Giving you a heads up.

A huge edit, containing information about the hack.
All the info you need:
Starcraft 2 Drop Hack
This is a starcraft 2 drop hack called "Kinect Drop Hack"

Kinect.dll v1.0.0
Programmed by Dew
Starcraft II Beta
Offsets by Cranix

Notes:
1.I know this hack name is lame but I made it along time ago

Keys:
F5 - Toggle map hack on/off (CraniX)

NUMPAD1 - Force player 1 to lose (CraniX)
NUMPAD2 - Force player 2 to lose (CraniX)
NUMPAD3 - Force player 3 to lose (CraniX)
NUMPAD4 - Force player 4 to lose (CraniX)
NUMPAD5 - Force all players to get a tie (CraniX)

*When using the crash in a 1v1 you will crash too*
NUMPAD6 - Force player 1 to crash (CraniX)
NUMPAD7 - Force player 2 to crash (CraniX)
NUMPAD8 - Force player 3 to crash (CraniX)
NUMPAD9 - Force player 4 to crash (CraniX)

Auto:
Protects if your status was changed (Dew)
If this hack gets to out of hand I'll release a all stop protection that protects everyone in the game. This hack was originally released at sc2hackdev.org YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INJECT IN GAME.
When you use the lose/crash in a game of 2+ you will drop but they with crash or lose (not the hack its blizzard).

There is no tap yet. However:
Blizzard said:
We are aware of a drop hack currently being used in StarCraft II and have banned a number of players for using it. Anyone found using drop hacks or other cheats to increase standing in the ladder or gain an unfair advantage in individual games will be banned. We take the integrity of online play on Battle.net very seriously and will take swift action to punish the use of any illegal cheats or hacks.

Original link

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Don't worry, unless you are close to promotion you shouldn't care about this. I played some games yesterday night, and I got pretty owned ^_^, without a hack even : P

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
how does it work in terms of when and who drops? 'cause today i had 2 people drop on me in a row at the very very beggining... it was weird. (no ididnt drophack). is it something that stays with the victim or was that bad luck on their part (or good on mine)?

as for me i havnt dropped yet and ive played a lot today, but then again im gold, its prolly more common higher up im guessing

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
"I haven't looked into the issue."

Actually I did. I edited the first post with a tone of information about the hack itself. The vital thing is that blizzard have already banned some people using it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I read that hack you have shown here was only working in the beta.

but i am pretty interested in how exactly the *hack* works. Is it similar to a DDoS attack where you spam your oponent with nonsense until they lag out of the game? Or how does it work?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
That is kinda emberassing for me, I should have read the small print. Regardless, a drop hack can't work in a much more different way, can it ? I won't be surprised if it was just an updated version.

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Yea, it is similar to some sort of DOS attack.

I've been drophacked by some idiot and it basically played like this:
At the start your game feels sluggish, as if you only had ~20fps (even though I was on a healthy 80).
This sluggishness will get worse until you start getting input lag (all your commands are executed delayed).
At one point the lag-window will appear, showing you as lagging.
Then you lose connection to the server.

Interestingly even the replay of that game lags. And the replay files are 20x as large as they generally are.
That's because the drop-hack spams you with a ton of commands (or validation requests) which clog up your connection and Sc2's event handling.
At some point your game cannot send its own messages anymore, because it is too occupied with the spam (so a DOS basically). All the spam is recorded and saved in the replay as normal commands.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots. With solid proof like this, they will all be banned, np. Why do they bother... pfff

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Drophackers have been banned and moved to their own bronze division until the next ladder season where their accounts will be removed.

Also, I am pretty sure the drophack basically just sends a fuckload of meaningless data packets to the battle.net server, causing you to lag.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
The funny thing is that they can still play in that bronze division, but they only meet other people in the same division. So whoever has the fastest drophack wins.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The funny thing is that they can still play in that bronze division, but they only meet other people in the same division. So whoever has the fastest drophack wins.

I wanna see that fasthack league :p

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I wanna see that fasthack league :p

So it would be the equivalent of a steroids-only sports league? no wait bad example being korean is the equivalent of steroids in Sc2. this'd be more like... a knife fight that everyone brings a gun to.

When will this be something of the past? havn't run into this yet but i don't want to either D:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.