need blink spell ideas

NBalfa

Reaction score
I am going to make a spell for a hero based on blink but I whould like to have sth more extreme.
What I have thougt since now is :
blink and damage
blink and cast a spell
blink to a unit (or doodad)
blink with no target point (point will be chossen randomly)
blink with no target unit (unit will be chossen randomly)
blink with nearby unit(s)
swap

can't think anything else :banghead:
plz help me

Stretch

Reaction score
hmm how about

blinks with nearby units and causes damage to them once reaching location

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I've made a Blink spell that when you target an enemy unit, all damage caused to the caster is transferred to the target for 2 seconds. When you target a friendly unit, all damage done to the target is transferred to the caster for 2 seconds.

madd_999

Reaction score
blink with a delay.

you cast. you have X second to walk/do whatever you want with the unit. your unit gets ported.

this can be used for all the effects you already have.

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Nearby units get teleported to the target location, their movement speed gets reduced by 20%/30%/40%/50% and their attacks have 20%/30%/40%/50% chance to miss for 6 seconds
In addition, the teleported units take damage equal to the number of teleported units * 25/50/75/100

Use silence as dummy, and use it before move the unit's to the destination.

NBalfa

Reaction score
I thought of the illusion but I didn't really like this Idea for the specific hero

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
blink and increase M/S for a few seconds.
blink and then a 'Fan of Knives' comes out.
blink and then shoot blasts out in all directions.
blink and go invis.
blink and hide for like 2 seconds.
blink and regain hit points/mana.

etc. there are many ideas..

hopy

Reaction score
A blink that deals damage in a line to all units between the hero's starting point and destination.

NBalfa

Reaction score
I thought also of sth like blink and back like this:
blink ... wait for some seconds ... go back to your starting possition.

Ragnar Rök

Reaction score
I made a Planestrafer once. He had the ability to enter other dimensions (blink) where time flows strangely and appear in an other area seamingly in no time at all.

He could also travel throw more dangerous planes leaving a rift behind him causing destruction in an area. However it takes more time to travel throw these hostile planes. (if autocast dummy ability is activated then give him ability resurection and then ability kaboom him. Then move unit instantly to blink target where he will resurect after a while)

My Hero was space orc:) but it could be changed to a demon, mage or something else.

Ashlebede

Reaction score
Blink and do whatever for a few seconds, then go back in time to right after blink was cast, returning to the location where it was cast and removing all of your buffs, effects, damage taken, mana lost...

NBalfa

Reaction score
I made a Planestrafer once. He had the ability to enter other dimensions (blink) where time flows strangely and appear in an other area seamingly in no time at all.

He could also travel throw more dangerous planes leaving a rift behind him causing destruction in an area. However it takes more time to travel throw these hostile planes. (if autocast dummy ability is activated then give him ability resurection and then ability kaboom him. Then move unit instantly to blink target where he will resurect after a while)

My Hero was space orc:) but it could be changed to a demon, mage or something else.

didn't really get you ... can you explain it?

Ragnar Rök

Reaction score
This is taken from my map. It was made several years ago and could probably be made better, but it works.
You need:
A blink spell "Strafe"
Custom bloodlust spell "Rift" (no targets allowed)
Custom spell based on channel "Planar navigation" (determines the time before hero returns. If you dont want to use this ability just have the time set in the rift spell.)
Custom kaboom spell (for damage)
one Dummy caster

Code:
Rift on
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(bloodluston))
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn on Rift use <gen>

Code:
Rift off
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
        (Issued order) Equal to (Order(bloodlustoff))
    Actions
        Trigger - Turn off Rift use <gen>

Code:
Rift use
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Strafe 
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster (Rift) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Rift (dummy ability) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Rift  for (Triggering unit))
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Kaboom! (Last created unit)
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Something cool.mdl
        Set TEMPeffect = (Last created special effect)
        Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
        Wait 1.00 seconds
        Special Effect - Destroy TEMPeffect
        Wait (29.00 - ((Real((Level of Planar Navigation  for (Triggering unit)))) x 2.00)) seconds
        Unit - Unhide (Triggering unit)

Ps. I removed the resurrection part. I had it because killing the hero would change his portrait indicating that he is not in this world but its probably unnecessery..
Sorry if Im confusing you.

mute

Reaction score
hmm what about this idea :
do blink on a target and deal n% of the distance in damage then create 3 illusion near from you then after 3 sec you go back in old position .

NBalfa

Reaction score
nice but still not enough ... I want sth with some negatives like getting back to your starting lockation

Mahrloc

Reaction score
how about first blinking a short or a big range and after a while getting ensnared; or blinking with global range and get slowed/pushed back the more you get away from the arrival point, and after a while returning to the starting point

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.