Operation: Sandy City

Map Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
2004 Iraq - As the Nation of Iraq is changing fast this abandon city is left with Gangs and a secert base of the Al Qaeda
Al Qaeda want the city for themselves so they can create training camps the US Marines must fight back and kill all the Al Qaeda before times up... on the other side Al Qaeda mustk ill all Marines to claim the city as there.

Dedicated to the Soldiers who fight in Iraq

Buildings
Marines Safe - Blue
Al Qaeda Safe - Red
Neutral - Normal (Black)
Other Gangs - Grey

Houses 1-7 - Houses are good for hiding and contructing a Base
Mansion - A Good Hide out for the Al Qaeda
Hospital - Place to get healed
Water Pumping Plant - Place to get mana
Market - To buy weapons, foods, Hire other Gangs
United States Embassy - Control center for the United States Save hiding spot
Fort - Abandon but still can be used may entrances and exits
Old Government Building - Mission Area In Later Verisons

Units

US
Medic
Gunner
Scout

Al Qaeda
Medic
Gunner
Scout

Progress

Terrian N/A
Units N/A
Triggers N/A
Testing N/A

Need Testers Later

Coming Soon in other verisons

Next Verison
Code:
New Class - Engineer 
Spawning for Street Fighting
Some Missions Compeleted

Testing is PostPone till voting is compelted

Any Complaints? Click Here and PM Me

Last Updated 7:47 PM EST 3/27/07

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Oh crap I forgot to mention there is a secert Tunnel thing under the city so watch where you base :rolleyes:

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Haha! You should have spots on floors in certain places that are "different" in some way, and that's actually a place where the tunnel opens to! But once someone comes out of there it becomes a black hole, unless they cover it up >=D

Tonks

Reaction score
Just so you know, this is an extremely controversial and touchy subject. I'm surprised that you would think to create a map based on the subject, considering what's happening right now.

Hegemuffin

Reaction score
I'm with Tonks on this one. I posted a much longer objection to someone's idea for a Vietnam War map, to give you an idea, and that whole debacle ended over 30 years ago now. I think an Iraq War map would be sort of out of the question.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
well what can I change it too the thing as ready done...
Unless you give me a better one because I don't want to do the whole new map

Models: Sry no the models I found where still under contruction and Dargoth is my only friend who can do that type of stuff :(

EDIT: I have desided to post pone till this probelm is solved

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Mizuio, don't worry. I wouldn't stop the map because people complain, who gives a crap. Just a game. I play war games all the time, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 1942, kinda Battlefield 2 (my comp sucks too bad).
Tonks and other person, you are just overreacting. Just a game. If you object to the idea, don't play it. I'm ok with vegetarians and religious people, as long as they don't change what I do because of it. In this case, go ahead and not play, just don't ruin it for everyone, and people like me who are looking forwards to this map.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm... Ok I'll post the map and so elmstfreddie will be my supporter on the credits congrats for doing nothing!

substance

Reaction score
I posted a much longer objection to someone's idea for a Vietnam War map, to give you an idea, and that whole debacle ended over 30 years ago now. I think an Iraq War map would be sort of out of the question.

I'm sorry but, fuck that.

This whole war, everything we are trying to do over there is based off the idea of freedom.

Saying 'I wont make this game because blah blah' is doing exactly what terrirost and other anti-amerians want, which is to deny us of our freedom. Freedom to make whatever kind of games we want to make.

Fuck that.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
I would also like to try the map when you post it. :D

I

IKilledKEnny

You just had to use 'F*ck', aye?

Anyway, the problem is not the 'freedom' or whatever you think it is but the fact that there are soldiers there that suffer for you, you think the like doing that? I doubt it, the most likely prefer to be in their home with their family, maybe girlfriend and having a normal life, however they risk their lives for this war and now you want to take thier suffer and turn it into somthing fun? I'm sorry sir! No! I don't mind that much becuase I'm not there, but the torn apart families? The soldiers? And say 'F*ck that' when someone calls out and say that? Thinking back I was selfish saying I would love to help, now I think the opposite.

substance

Reaction score
I'm sorry for dropping the F bomb, I just get rilled up with this kind of stuff.

I'll end this disccusion (out of respect for the thread started) on this :

My dad is over there right now fighting to keep me free, he's fighting so I can come home on my comfy computer chair and make whatever I want without worrying about some goverment telling me I cant do something. He's fighting to give Mizuio-Ken the freedom to make a game about iraq.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Well to tell you the truth, I'm against the whole Iraq America war situation. In fact, I'm against MOST wars (of course WWII had a reason, had to kill off the Nazis eh?)! HOWEVER, I still enjoy to PLAY war games, keyword PLAY. You aren't ACTUALLY killing people, so I don't see what the big deal is. The game doesn't "celebrate" the death of soldiers in Iraq, (oh what does that remind me of? Oh yes, the AMERICAN celebration of Veteran's Day. Key word there, celebration. That's a little off topic but that bugs me how you guys celebrate Veteran's Day; whereas in Canada we take a moment of silence in RESPECT for the people who fought in wars).

Well then, can we stop fighting and talk about the map, whether it's good etc? If you object to the theme, don't play the damned game!

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well to tell you the truth, I'm against the whole Iraq America war situation. In fact, I'm against MOST wars (of course WWII had a reason, had to kill off the Nazis eh?)! HOWEVER, I still enjoy to PLAY war games, keyword PLAY. You aren't ACTUALLY killing people, so I don't see what the big deal is. The game doesn't "celebrate" the death of soldiers in Iraq, (oh what does that remind me of? Oh yes, the AMERICAN celebration of Veteran's Day. Key word there, celebration. That's a little off topic but that bugs me how you guys celebrate Veteran's Day; whereas in Canada we take a moment of silence in RESPECT for the people who fought in wars).

Well then, can we stop fighting and talk about the map, whether it's good etc? If you object to the theme, don't play the damned game!

I thought you never actually test maps. Just comment?

Anyways, what if some people in this forum are Al Qaeda? (Not saying there are) :)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
True...
lol

Well, I used to but now I never really do because I play Soldier Front too much. This one sounds nice enough for me to take 10 minutes of my life and play ;)

Anyways, what if some people in this forum are Al Qaeda? (Not saying there are) :)
LMFAO!

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
ok let me get this straight you are telling me to get rid of my work that I spent my own time on techonly at the very begining in the intro it does give dedication to the soilders who are fighting in Iraq...

But because theres so much protesting on this map (idk why)

Well I guess again...

Testing PostPone because of Protesters
If you would have like to test my map yell at them not me.

I am going to talk with others to make this work

I did find this and Edited to make it Shorter

Short Verison of Civil Rights Documents
of the United States of America
A person can insult the government, war, etc.
As free rights go no one can stand in between this person decision unless they are are breaking laws
Any Person has the rights to protest but not on someones thoughts or decisions he/she want to make.

Tonks

Reaction score
As far as legality goes, yes, it's legal.

As far as ethics go, no, it's unethical.

As far as respect for the troops fighting a F'd up, pointless, drawn-out war, no, you aren't respecting them. And no, you aren't 'honoring' them.

We are not telling you what to do. However, I am strongly encouraging you to change the theme of your map.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
ok if I'm going to have to change the theme I am a writer but lets see what I would have to do

Change

-terrian
-Units
- Triggers
- Everything else

and just because I'm not honoring my troops my familys been in the army and navy I know how it feels but whatever Now it seems that everyone hates this map becauses its a war game I should just throw it in the Recycling Bin on my Desktop...

But for now I'll keep it with me because I'm not doing anything wrong
Yes i understand you are very mad so right now
so I am now stoping progress of the map till Futher Notice
The Map testing will be postpone still
And because I have stoped progress on the map the Testing Date could be from 3 days to 3 months because of this issue that you guys have desided me to make
You can comment on what I should change and I may make it so

I could change it to the
Israel VS Egypt War this was held back 15 years ago its just that I would have to change the terrian to a open desert instead of a city...

EDIT:
Tonks said:
As far as respect for the troops fighting a F'd up, pointless, drawn-out war, no, you aren't respecting them. And no, you aren't 'honoring' them.

That is the most insulting thing you could say to me My family died in past wars so you CAN'T TELL ME I DONT RESPECT MY TROOPS OF MY COUNTRY THAT ARE LETTING ME HAVE FREEDOM

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Guys... Stop delaying the postage of his map, I'm sure there are many people looking forward to this, as are many.
I'm not sure if people are reading each other's comments anymore, and are just wildly posting their opinions. This is getting out of hand, it's just a freaking Warcraft game! If we were actually killing people... Well, that would be unethical. A Warcraft game IS NOT. You guys are only complaining because it's going on now. You guys probably laugh about WWI, and probably enjoy WWII games! There's no difference unless you run by the South Park rule of "It's not funny until it's 21 years old" (or however, the episode about AIDS).

Please, post your map? I wanna play it T_T

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.