General PETA Urges Ben & Jerry's To Use Human Milk

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals sent a letter to Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield, cofounders of Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., urging them to replace cow's milk they use in their ice cream products with human breast milk, according to a statement recently released by a PETA spokeswoman.

"PETA's request comes in the wake of news reports that a Swiss restaurant owner will begin purchasing breast milk from nursing mothers and substituting breast milk for 75 percent of the cow's milk in the food he serves," the statement says.

PETA officials say a move to human breast milk would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms and benefit human health.

Last edited:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
would lessen the suffering of dairy cows and their babies on factory farms

I thought cows needed daily milking? o_O

I'm just waiting for when PETA turns into Sweeney Todd.

By the way, PETA:

bigpot6.jpg

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Some information about how you get cows to make milk.

First thing the cow will have to become pregnant every year. Every dairy has a certain time they seed their farm with male bulls. Then they remove the calf after birth and raise it elsewhere. Calves get used for veal, grow into beef cows, or into dairy cows. After this the cow will produce milk for a while as long as its being milked. If they dont get milked they can risk infection, but more likely they will 'sour' and stop producing milk.

The average cow can produce quite a bit of milk, about 8 gallons from top producers per a day.

Now lets apply this industry to humans. A human will also need to either be hormone doped or pregnant every once in a while to develop breast milk. That means for top production about once every 18 months the milk producer would then have to develop some form of pregnancy. This is more likely than hormone doping as that may pass into the milk. A human produces about 4-6 ounces every 3-4 hours. So to create the same amount of milk as a cow we would need 4 times as many women who would likely produce a child every year. The best place to do this would be in a third world country like Mexico. The excess children would likely either be disposed of during pregnancy (abortion) or end up in some form of abandonment care home.

I dont think PETA ever thinks things through enough. Human breast milk isn't mass producable without totally abandoning all morality.

BTW, the US is the 2nd largest milk producer in the world, but 9th in consumption.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
imo, This is just wrong.
Cow's milk is supposed to be drunk by us humans.

Next they will find a substitute for beef.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Next they will find a substitute for beef.

Going with this trend, it'd be human meat.

Darthfett

Reaction score

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
imo, This is just wrong.
Cow's milk is supposed to be drunk by us humans.

out of all honesty do you even believe what you type? would cows really be put on earth only for us to drink their milk? did you also notice that humans are the ONLY mammals who drink milk after they grow past infancy? if you gave a full grown mammal milk they would get sick. mammals have something in their liver that helps digest milk when they are young, but goes away when they get older. humans still have that because we adapted to drinking milk. we arnt even supposed to drink milk, period, not from a woman, not from a cow. well guess people are just wierd that way.

also
so you are saying cows need to be artificially impregnated just so they could give off milk? the only give off milk cuz they are "pregnant". if they didnt impregnate cows they wouldnt even produce milk.

on another note, human-milk would be really really disturbing =\
so im not siding with any1 here cuz peta is wierd

Darthfett

Reaction score
Darthfett said:

so you are saying cows need to be artificially impregnated just so they could give off milk? the only give off milk cuz they are "pregnant". if they didnt impregnate cows they wouldnt even produce milk.

No, I'm saying that I am a bit ignorant, and that I -thought- cows needed daily milking (I'm guessing that I read that it was because of risk of infection).

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Yeah, I read something about cows needing to be milked everyday else they bloat or something. Don't exactly know the specifics.

Reaction score
There appear to be some major misconceptions in this thread as to who or what milk is "meant" for. It isn't. Milk is an emulsion of water, fat, protein and other nutrients - it doesn't have a meaning, it simply exists. The fact that milk was originally produced by cows for their offspring does not mean that milk carries some sort of inherent meaning.

I dont think PETA ever thinks things through enough. Human breast milk isn't mass producable without totally abandoning all morality

PETA abandoned all morality ages ago.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
out of all honesty do you even believe what you type? would cows really be put on earth only for us to drink their milk? did you also notice that humans are the ONLY mammals who drink milk after they grow past infancy? if you gave a full grown mammal milk they would get sick.

Yes, yes I do feel it's a cows job to give me milk. And my cat likes milk, it's not an infant.

So lets all accept that PETA is a joke, because it is, and that cows give us milk because that's what they do. What else are they going to do?

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
we arnt even supposed to drink milk, period, not from a woman, not from a cow.

If you hadn't drink breast milk when you were still a little baby, how would you get your nutritions?
Breast milk contains a lot of nutritions that every baby needs.

And milk contains every nutrition we need every day.
Not drinking it means we don't make use of the resource the nature has given.
To put it in an extreme way, means the same if you don't mine ores.

would cows really be put on earth only for us to drink their milk?

Of course not.
We drinking their milk is just a part of their life.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So lets all accept that PETA is a joke, because it is, and that cows give us milk because that's what they do. What else are they going to do?

It's not a very funny joke.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
We drinking their milk is just a part of their life.

This. Their life also includes dying horribly and making me a tasty steak, and the occasional experiment. Better to have it done on cows then humans.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.