Poor time management and awful planning on my part...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Just after graduation, I felt like taking a rest for 1 week and then start going forth with my plans before I join the military.

As I went Googling for a cram school that teaches you GRE stuffs (which is how we learn GRE and TOEFL in Taiwan, as these exams aren't usually taken in schools), I noticed their schedules are planned out in the summer, spanning from the first of July to the first of September.

The bad news is that the schedules coincide with the drafting times here. If I went ahead and go to a GRE cram school, after learning all the GRE skills, I will be drafted into the military, and be unable to take a test and stuff. Not only that, I would be wasting time and money.

While checking to see if I have anything else to do, I got a call from a former classmate of mine, with him suggesting that I may be wasting time instead of being productive and continue working part-time.

Yeah, being productive and working part-time for a measly 90 NTD/hour, 4hrs/day, 6 days/week, and not being able to pay off rent at the end of the month sounds like a good offer.

So, now I'm stuck at home, with nothing else to do other than house chores (which I prefer doing rather than being bored), and looming for the drafting. I don't know what I'm going to do with all the spare time I have. Maybe programming here and there, but it wouldn't help me much I guess.

---------------------

Outside, as it's hot, humid, and full of blood-sucking mosquitoes, it would be pretty unwise to go out and play sports or go on a vacation. It's okay, but it's unwise. Our national weather station states that during the day, we will get moderate to severe UV rays from the sun.

---------------------

It's as if either my time management skills is still not up to par, or I'm just not planning good enough. *sigh*

Fighting for your dreams is like being a bird and flying against a waterfall, trying to fly up to the top from below.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Nintendo? You have some kind of perverted Nintendo-Console fetish???

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Why Nintendo? You have some kind of perverted Nintendo-Console fetish???

Nintendo is more of a genre of games with innovative and fun gameplay. What I wanted to do, is to create a game that is very fun (and may not be very innovative) and only fun enough to be successful.

I used a one-liner to describe all of that.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Update:

Mom told me that I may be able to study GRE while I'm being drafted. Oh boy, or not...

While at the same time, I've been using the restroom for long haul hours after eating plenty of fruits.

B

Blackveiled2

Nintendo is more of a genre of games with innovative and fun gameplay. What I wanted to do, is to create a game that is very fun (and may not be very innovative) and only fun enough to be successful.

I used a one-liner to describe all of that.

Kind of biased is it not? I don't find most of Nintendo's games innovative and fun. I find them boring and old now, and they make repeats of the same games over the years.

Anyways, if you do get drafted don't mope about it. Set your goals, and strive to achieve them. Being drafted is an obstacle, it doesn't mean you will never be able to complete your goals.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.