Really Build A Village

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Um why was i spawned outside of the playing area.. like on the bottom left where there is nothing -_-

takethat

Reaction score
Oninuva:
if you read early post, you should know those map are bugged.

Code:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/50375/

newest release:
harvest trigger fixed
mining trigger fixed
terrain fixed, stag are in the mid of the map
dismounted working now
more trigger on wizardry magic
catapult added
new skill <capture> enable player to capture others player's unit with condition. no prevention over abusement yet, hopefully player can refrain themselve.
only shield require iron and bronze, stone are useless atm
no victory condition, simply for fun atm
no raiders...

pls give construtive comment and feedback.

A

Askis

Alright, everything seems to work fine so far.
There are a few things which don't seem right to me though:

-Hunters
As you placed the stags in the middle of the map it'd be nice if hunters had a small supply aura for themselves (maybe range 5) so they can stay and hunt instead of having to run back to your village after a killing a stag or two.
A good explanation for this would be, that they can live off the land, eating berries/roots to stay alive while out of town.
Also it'd make more sense to have groups of stags placed all around the map.
Btw, is there a limited number of them, do they respawn or multiply?

-Sheep
They multiply like crazy if forgotten for a while, marked sheeps still multiply and even dead sheeps do (as long as the corpses are still around).
This leads to MASSIVE lag >_>
So, either don't let marked sheeps breed or have the corpses vanish immediately.
Also, if it's night marked sheeps sleep (nonmarked don't), so hunters don't auto-attack them, would be nice if they didn't sleep.

-Techtree
After some time, I lost track of where to research techs needed to continue or build certain buildings (searched for ages till I found the Wizard's Tower for example^^')
Would be nice, if you could use the quest menu for a techtree so it'd be possible to search for specific things needed to progress.
Could look something like this:
Basic Society:
Man builds:
-Loghouse (450 Safe Range)
-Altar:
-Tribal Society
-Hunting (10 W)
-etc.
-Seed Land (needs Altar/Tribal Society)
Tribal Society
Builder builds:
-etc.

-Consistent Names
Warring Art = Art of War? o_O
Dunno if there are more, but this is confusing until you know it...

-Mining
There are very few mines around, if you were playing a full FFA game, the one who can control a mine of each type has a huge advantage.
in 2v2v2 or 3v3 it's not as important, as allies could share mines.
So a few more mines would be nice and maybe different models/skins for the different types.

-Mana Users
In the last version casters had an invisible death timer, now they don't seem to die from old age at all.
Didn't try to have them use up all mana, but I'm guessing they'd die instantly.
Or are they immortal (apart from being killed by fighting units) now?

-Building Sight
I'd like it if buildings (especially research buildings) had at least a small sight radius. Right now there needs to be someone close, or you can't select them, so if they had just enough view to see themselves it'd be helpful.

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
AWESOME! This is easily one of the funniest maps I've played. Very VERY good work :)

I've played it for several hours now, until those darn sheeps lagged me out.
Not to complain, but wouldn't it be easier just to have them spawn from the sheep farm? Although not as realistic, it's a lot easier to handle...

takethat

Reaction score
Askis:
Hunter, hunter can build hunter's lodge that provide food supply.

Sheep, is not encourage to used since it is just to make the game more variable. but it's bug will be removed soon:
no sleeping,
only player own and alive sheep will multiply

Tech tree, will be implement soon, but not all tech will be disclose, and also some unit may consist of information skill that tells you some strategy.

Consistent name, this is really a problem, as a matter of fact many unit may have inconsistent name because in early editing, i try to edit faster. some unit i change the name, but not the tooptip and description. if possible, list those that you realize i din modified.

Mining, mines are strategical resources, although now isnt. it is the duty of players to secure thier own interest. it is part of the strategy game. i assure that no1 was able to control a mine that is totally away of any other players(except for the btm 2, but in raider version, the 2 mine is out of the defence area which easily attacked by the raiders.)

Mana caster, mage like wizard, witch will not die of timer, they die if they were physically killed or mana less then 2, mana will regenerate slowly. only priest and high priest got hidden timer.

Building are not to have sight because they got no eyes, this is 1 of the basic setting in this game, so mass building doesnt mean you see every where, and originally they cant research if there are no related unit(witch near the witch lodge), but that sounds too stupid. this is also to prevent player from not guarding every iche of land they possessed :) old folks really have strong feelings to protect their lands.

Anyway, you suggestion are very appreciated, i will continue to improve the existing concept while trying to make it more variable.

coming in next version:
New human control non human system
Tower provide true air view, while wall block your sight.
Mine area non buildable
advance and master wizardry release
more capacity for stone tower, fortify tower
ranger more action in spear throwing

Considering new concept,
water supply grew more food
fishing in river

Ideas accepted
Beware of the dead rising

Original Concept
Slaves camp
Barbarian and raiders.

ps: i hope that more suggestion on terrain, unit, tech tree, and feedback on the battles between players, castle siege, wizardry skills, 10q

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
One suggestion is to make the units' age, or mana, a bit more logical.

Having a mana of 15 for children and 60 for adults, would make them live 75 years totally, becoming adults at age 15. Also, you could add an age requirement for some proffessions, most notably Elder. Isn't it kind off illogical to pick a young man to become an elder? Triggering a requirement of mana less than 30, would mean only people over 45 years of age can become elders. :)

Also, for the hunters, forcing them to build that hunter's camp doesn't work very well. The animals are far apart, and one has to actively go search for them, and while you're searching for animals, your hunters will starve. Using them with one of the pack horses (or carts or whatever they are) work, but is kind of illogical.

One thing that would be appreciated is hostile animals. For a single player, the only dangerous thing ever is starvation, and frankly, with enough farms that's not a problem at all. With a rampaging bear roaming the lands, one would be forced to get either hunters/rangers or some kind of soldiers/mages. They could give a large bunch of food too :)

On mines: While I can understand that the resources should be hard to get for it to have a dramatical strategic effect, I don't think they should be as required then. Players would never get more than wooden weapons if only 2 (is it that the amount?) stone quarries exist. To me, at least stone could be quite common; actually, there could be limited spots of gatherable stone around.

Also, a way to cut down trees would be great. My metropolis shouldn't have a forest in the middle. Why not give lumberjacks the ability to fell trees via a modified Eat Tree ability? Maybe also give them the ability to plant trees... Right now, the lumberjacks aren't much better than the regular men, since they take 3 times as long to carry 3 times as much... They are only better if the trees are far from the lumbermill.

:) Thanks for giving us the best Wc3 map in a long, long time.

takethat

Reaction score
Sajberhippie:
i will not modify the age of adult and child, it is by now the more playable timer, if depends on logical, either they die faster, so become more useless, or the child require too much time to grow up.

elder doesnt mean you must be very old, after all elder just a position like a leader, and leader doesnt mean must be old. the fact is, it makes it too troublesome to choose a dying guy to be an elder and die off not long after. both making player angry and wasting resources.

basically i must say, hunter are useless, anyway, i want to have an ability foodbag give to warriors or horseman but it makes the game too complicated, thus the idea of giving an unit the ability to provide food supply is not accepted unless solution to the bugs that follow is solved.

hostile animals will come out in some time, but it is still a game for players vs players.

stone quarries are for buildings, stone weapon doesnt require stone even i finish the trigger on resources,
obelisk, temple, palace, etc need stone to build.

cutting and planting tree is nice, like heroesNempire, but i have no idea how it works, if possible, give a link to a tutorial or something?

lastly, thx for the feedback, it quite helps.

L

lial6789

I want to play with my bro but I can't can make one without bugs that destroy the important parts and multiplayer?
If you do thx

muddy19

Reaction score
i thought this game looked cool and wanted to try it with my friend but you cant play multiplayer on the new update. :( can you make it multiplayer friendly?

takethat

Reaction score
Newest update

HTML:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/51128/

Multiplayable, information add in by quest and skills.
Mining bronze and iron now require relevant tech upgrade.

some trouble i face now is that i cant seems to make the stonewall and fortify wall to block line of sight, the occ heigh i set at any numbers make no differences.

i try change the unit base on other unit that had succesfully block line of sight, it still not work. Is it possible that this model, "short wall end" can not block line of sight?

takethat

Reaction score
from now on, newest update i will put at 1st page. pls give support, feedback and suggestion. thank you:)

D

DEMONIS

cant donwload

Every time i download it i cant play it can anyone help me?The game looks nice too.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
I played this game but got bored of continuously making women pregnant

takethat

Reaction score
Sajberhippie: thx, i be more appreciate if you could give some feedback or suggestion.

DEMONIS: maybe your config is different? or i can send the map to you directly and c?

Jackal: if you want to play fast and easy going map, this isnt your choice. this map require more patient, since it infuse with game style of simulation/growing/strategic rather then fast phase strategic. it requires you to plan a village/city defence and grow the population rather then simply train out the unit.

Estimate game time is:
1 hour(play fast, end game within village/tribe stage)
2 hour(play not so fast, wait till city/palace stage)
3 hour(purposely dragging the game just for fun =.=)

if you play HnE, atleast 2.5 hours needed

takethat

Reaction score
Request

This project has come to a very endanger moment XD

untill now, all of the trigger inside the map are gui, not even one are in script, except leak remove code.

some of my friend told me that jass scripted code enable the game be more smooth and lagless...

Since i have little or no knowledge of jass code, hence I officially request help from fellow helper who are capable in converting gui to jass script, to assist me in the process.

pm me if any voluntee, 10q, n good day

TDN

Reaction score
You should leave the triggers in GUI until you know how to work with JASS properly. Having someone convert them to JASS isn't going to help you, because when you want to edit the triggers, you won't know how.

Learn JASS first, then convert.

takethat

Reaction score
not every single trigger is needed to convert, just a small portion of trigger that fire every second are needed. most of those trigger are, well establish, not much chance of editing them any more.

the problem of learning jass is, i dont have the time, atm i can only access the map in weekend which only 1 of the 2 day i may use on editing. at this rate, it can nvr be done, hence, i more prefer assistant from others.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Maybe you could add somekind of graveyard. And if players don't build it, there's more chance of diseases or plague?

Reflexar

Reaction score
How did u make so that the crops spawn randomly around the cropfield? :D
And which "pathing map" did u use on the crop field unit so that units can walk on it but it's not buildable?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.