Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you post your map and let me take a look? You must have definitely missed something. Either that, there should be something you have to adjust to make it work.

Well I tried to upload it in here, but the map is too big, send me you email via personal message, i'll send to you in your email then

It leaks many point. But if it's not requested to be MUI, it's fine. I'll do the removing the leaks.

EDIT
Okay, edited it. Should have no more leaks. Optimized the trigger and tool tips a bit.

Yeah. The only thing that I can't do on my own is removing leaks =/ . Anyway, The tooltips were just basic cause I thought the person that needed it would edit it him/herself.

Vaynard, reps are given on ur own and are not a must to give for someone to help you. So if you want to thank a specific person for his help, a little +rep goes a long way.

The fear spell was nice but I would prefer if it didn't lock the screen when it is cast. I only want the units to be uncontrollable. Any suggestions?

I haven't been here for awhile so I forgot whether its in Newgen or something, although its also do-able in JASS, basically adding locust to the unit and then removing it. I don't know how to do it though. Locust makes a unit unselectable, that's all.

@Glenphir
I will make puppetmaster's acid coctail and others, so close the slot for me.

I'd like to request the hero "Pandamonium" from HoN, it'd be awesome if you could do it! :D Ofc, I'm not expecting it to go fast, so do it in your pace. I'll put whoever makes it in the credits of my map. And:
I'd like it to be:
GUI (obviously)
Look as good as possible with pandaren brewmaster

Short explanation of each spell:

Flurry: The panda jumps forward with his stick and hit the enemies, they get pushed backwards aswell (just use the regular attack animation)

Flick: The panda jumps towards an enemy, when he reach the enemy, he throws them behind himself. (would be awesome if a stun could come along :))

Cannon Ball (rename to Panda Bomb or smthing like that): Target an area with the panda and he will jump towards it (no need to change any animation, just the usual flying or w/e animation) and stun the enemies + deal dmg.

Face Smash: Stuns the enemy and deals dmg each sec for 4 seconds.

I understand if this is too hard to make, if it is... then tell me. If just like one/two/three of these are possible to be made, make only those please. And I'll ignore the last one :p

As a second request (if you want to, you may make this the first :p) I'd like to request a spell like Magnus' (from DotA) pull spell, the ulti... I think it's called polarity shift. ^^
Help appreciated! :D
/Murre

Polarity Shift & Face Smash

I made the fourth skill Face Smash and Magnatuar's Reverse polarity. That's what its called, but I named it Polarity Shift anyway. I skipped the first three because I'm not good with jumping skills.

Look through the skill and edit the damage/cooldown/etc.

I haven't figured a way to make the Magnataur spell faster, so after casting the spell, it'll take a second or two to pull. I've tried making it faster but the casting animation comes out, pulls the units, but no stun. And the skill doesn't go on cool down.

Again, this is not the best way, its just my way.

+rep is appreciated :thup:

(And yeah glenphir or anyone else, helping me remove leaks is also much appreciated.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited this post since there was no update.

Sorry if this is a double post from the main forum >< new to this forum and didn't see this thread yet.

Anyways, I'm still new to Jass Coding and dummy unit controls ><
I'm trying to create a skill that needs at least two abilities to make it into one.

Skill: Activated Spell
Skill ability: 100% Cleave in 300 area, increase damage by 2.25 fold, increase base attack speed by 15% and movement speed increase of 60
Duration: 20, 25, 30, 35

If someone can show me, or even make a custom map for me with the skill done so then I can use it later as a template.

Thank in advance ^^

Enchant

Okay, I made this spell already. Please look through the spells and edit accordingly. I've already included all the information you've given. Select the unit and type -ms to check the movespeed. If you help me clear leaks, its much appreciated.

Again this is not the best, + rep is also appreciated.

(Short note, if you have no idea what to edit since I used a spellbook, you can definitely ask away :) + It doesnt work for range units)

Attachments

• Polarity Shift.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Enchant.w3x
    15.7 KB · Views: 294
@ Vaynard
Do you still need the activate/deactivate version of play dead?

@ skyblade333
Actually, "Polarity Shift" or "Reverse Polarity" has been done already. I'll check the leaks and everything.

EDIT
For "Reverse Polarity", it isn't actually moving the unit to the caster's location. It's moving the enemy units in front of you by 120 - 170 distance. I actually made it, so no sweat.

As for Enchant, as long as the requester wanted it non-MUI, it's fine.

EDIT 2
On another note, starting on avalya's Tempest.

ok then so...
just the first for start then

Fake dead (4 levels) - the hero play units dead animation ,and become invulnerable. The spell can be deactivated like "get up" but he cant stay in the ground forever, so you can add an expiration time of 6/7/8/10 acording to the level. Also the invulnerability includes all kind of damage( AoE spells and these kind of stuff)

Ok I've made this. Basically when you cast the spell it plays the death animation and becomes invulnerable. If you order it to move, it'll become vulnerable. If you don't touch it, it'll automatically move after a given time, which thus makes it vulnerable.

Except that, I have no idea how to make the unit play the death animation. Its already included in the trigger " Play fakeDeathUnit's death animation". I've read several guides but still don't understand how to play the Death animation. So I'll submit whatever I've said about except the part where he plays the animation.

Again this is not the best, leaks cleared and +rep is appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Fake Death.w3x
    16.5 KB · Views: 225
Ok I've made this. Basically when you cast the spell it plays the death animation and becomes invulnerable. If you order it to move, it'll become vulnerable. If you don't touch it, it'll automatically move after a given time, which thus makes it vulnerable.

Except that, I have no idea how to make the unit play the death animation. Its already included in the trigger " Play fakeDeathUnit's death animation". I've read several guides but still don't understand how to play the Death animation. So I'll submit whatever I've said about except the part where he plays the animation.

Again this is not the best, leaks cleared and +rep is appreciated. :)

If you wish to make a unit play an animation when casting a spell, you will have to add in a 0.10 second wait or so, else he will not play the animation because the spell animation will overwrite the animation you ordered it to play.

Another tip I can give you is if you want to make an ability like you made that is completely based off of triggers (so the actual ability does not do anything and is a "dummy ability") it is better to base it off of the spell "Channel" as that is specifically designed for triggered abilities.

Here's the altered map I made which includes these if you want to take a look:

Attachments

• Fake Death.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 301
Haha, learnt new stuff today :) By the way, I don't think the FakeDeathBool is a good method because multiple units can't cast it. As in A casts, and B casts, A stays invulnerable forever, given that the player doesn't move it. And yeah it still has a lot of leaks like mine.

Polarity Shift & Face Smash

I made the fourth skill Face Smash and Magnatuar's Reverse polarity. That's what its called, but I named it Polarity Shift anyway. I skipped the first three because I'm not good with jumping skills.

Look through the skill and edit the damage/cooldown/etc.

I haven't figured a way to make the Magnataur spell faster, so after casting the spell, it'll take a second or two to pull. I've tried making it faster but the casting animation comes out, pulls the units, but no stun. And the skill doesn't go on cool down.

Again, this is not the best way, its just my way.

+rep is appreciated :thup:

(And yeah glenphir or anyone else, helping me remove leaks is also much appreciated.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I edited this post since there was no update.

Enchant

Okay, I made this spell already. Please look through the spells and edit accordingly. I've already included all the information you've given. Select the unit and type -ms to check the movespeed. If you help me clear leaks, its much appreciated.

Again this is not the best, + rep is also appreciated.

(Short note, if you have no idea what to edit since I used a spellbook, you can definitely ask away :) + It doesnt work for range units)
Just had to tell you, you used "Stops casting an ability" as generic unit event, instead of "Starts the effect of an ability" ^^ And it seems that the stun is interrupted on face smash whenever the target gets damaged. "/
However, I'll modify the face smash spell a bit, so that it's channeling instead of instant cast. :p

I used stop casting because the stun would be interrupted if I put it as start the effect. If I change it to channeling, I would probably have to make a dummy unit to stun instead. Anyway, this skill is already done by Glenphir.

As for the face smash, I didn't notice it being interrupted, and yeah I just recently learn to use channeling spells so... :)

Haha, learnt new stuff today :) By the way, I don't think the FakeDeathBool is a good method because multiple units can't cast it. As in A casts, and B casts, A stays invulnerable forever, given that the player doesn't move it. And yeah it still has a lot of leaks like mine.

What you described would be a "MUI" ability, and this is the case with your ability too :p Your ability only worked on both units because you copied the triggers for both abilities (which would be a bad idea if you had 10~ units or so casting the ability). Anyway, he didn't request it to be MUI so it doesn't matter if it isn't MUI :shades:

Yeah I know, indeed, my map has 2 different triggers for 2 different units. But, they can be put together without using the boolean method. I just put it into 2 different triggers because it was just for tests, and was gonna remove it later, but forget because I didn't solve the animation problem. Now I have :)

Yeah I know, indeed, my map has 2 different triggers for 2 different units. But, they can be put together without using the boolean method. I just put it into 2 different triggers because it was just for tests, and was gonna remove it later, but forget because I didn't solve the animation problem. Now I have :)

Actually, the only reason I used a boolean was so no "stand" animation would be executed unless the timer actually expired (so the unit wouldn't randomly play the stand animation in the middle of a spell or so), not for any technical reason

If anyone has a simpl/ish spell, I'll do it now.

i guess auto-cast devour might be simplish? i tried noobimapro map of this, but i just couldnt get it to work for units .. i dont want it as a hero spell. i would like it as a unit ability for a summon :p

so basically autocast -devour for summons :) mui if possible

I'll start that now.

Edit: How much should each corpse be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.