arcano

Reaction score
I'm using a very simple trigger and a dummy spell for this:

Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Level of (Aura) for (Attacked unit)) Greater than 0
Actions
Unit - Cause (Attacked unit) to damage (Attacking unit), dealing (20.00 + (20.00 x ((Real((Level of (Aura) for (Attacked unit)))) - 1.00))) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacking unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostArmor\FrostArmorDamage.mdl

But i think that a missle effect would work better. So i ordered a dummy unit to cast a skill on attacking unit every time the aura guy was attacked. Way too much lag. Anyone knows other method?

arcano

Reaction score
This was the trigger:

Frozen Armor
Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Level of (Aura) for (Attacked unit)) Greater than 0
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Albatross for (Owner of (Attacked unit)) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Animation - Change (Last created unit) flying height to 50.00 at 0.00
Unit - Hide (Last created unit)
Unit - Add (Dummy) to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of (Aura) for (Attacked unit))
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Death Knight - Death Coil (Attacking unit)

Edit: It's not lagging me anymore lol o_O

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It lagged because WC3 was loading the ability information. This always happens when an ability is first being added to a unit (or when loading a unit which already has several abilities). This only happens at first cast or first load.

Anyway, using Death Coil might not be a good idea because it's hardcoded to target certain type of units only. Try using Storm Bolt instead (it has mini stun though) or Acid Bomb (cannot stack damage). But it still depends on your map. Maybe Death Coil is good enough.

arcano

Reaction score
Yeah, it won't hit undeads. I'm trying to change to Chain Lightning now. Somehow it ain't working

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> change to Chain Lightning

Chain Lightning only has Lightning art. It does not have missile art (I think it has in OE but it wont appear even if you change it). Else use Acid Bomb and change its duration accordingly (Short duration would be good - to reduce chances of stacking).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.